Hose Reels

Name
Randy Matheny
Mike,

Thank you for your help with the Experience donation we're doing. I'm not sure where to post what we're donating. Didn't find it on your site here.

But here it is:

What we plan to donate is an XDVR 100/150 Vacuum hose reel, (2) SR-20 supply reels and an SR12-17 low profile supply reel.

The XDVR reel is "Xtra Tall" at 54 inches, so it's made for a tall van, like a Dodge Sprinter, Dodge ProMaster, Ford Transit, Nissan NV series, box truck, etc. It retails for $1,250 in Titanium color.)
http://reelinnovations.us/Vacuum-Ho...eels-Extra-Tall-Dual-Capacity?product_id=1303

The "D" in XDVR stands for "dual capacity". This means it has a third, "divider hoop", allowing for separate storage of both 2.5" and 2" vacuum hose on one reel. The first number in DVR reel designation is how much 2.5" hose it will accommodate, so it will be set up for 100 feet of 2.5" hose. And the second number being 150 indicates 150 feet of 2" hose capability on the other side. This model is 21 inches wide.

The SR-20 reels are 20" in diameter and handle up to 300 feet of 1/4" hose. ($150 each, retail in Titanium color)

The SR12-17 is a low- profile supply reel designed to be floor- mounted in front of a vacuum reel. ($175 retail in Titanium color).

Thanks,

Randy Matheny
Reel Innovations
http://reelinnovations.us

Name
Randy Matheny
RotatorDVRReels_zps316c65cc.jpg

RotatorSupplyReels_zps43da4d51.jpg

Rotator6Advantages_zps4e8f5366.jpg

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Mikey P

Administrator
I wish I was in need of a reel right now, I'd trade you for one of my certified crappy videos.

Randy will be sharing the MB booth with us after the second hour of the show this year so make sure to stop by and take him and a coorslight girl for a spin.

Name
Randy Matheny
During the course of developing our hose reel designs, we made a few prototypes that we later decided not to put into production. This is because we don't want to change designs after we get going, so the goal was to do all of the R&D prior to full production.

As a result, we did have a few prototypes that we had no real plans for. This isn't to say that they're inferior- just different.

We have sold a few of these and do have a few more. The ones remaining are 49.5" diameter vacuum reels, so they're from the last of the development. (This is the size we now produce for a standard van that can store 250 feet of 2" hose on a 17.5" wide frame, or up to 350 feet on a 21" wide frame.)

What makes these reels different from what we decided to move forward with is that they are made of 3/4" diameter tube for the hoops and spokes- not the 1" diameter that we settled on.

We can set them up for 17.5" wide, 21" wide, and 25" wide frames, which would accommodate 250, 350 and about 450 feet, respectively.

And they can also be set up for Dual Capacity and Electric Rewind as well.

We have 2 of these and after they're gone, they're "gone". And we'll let them go for 25% off of the retail price. So, if this peaks your interest, message, e-Mail or call us.

Thanks.

Name
Randy Matheny
Randy,

Have you guys made a reel similar to Aerotech's electric reel?

Bill,

We've been asked about making several reels now that are not what we normally produce. And on our site, regardless of which Vacuum Hose Reel category in the Store you select, the first choice is "Custom Hose Reel", because we are open to input and to making anything that has market potential.

I'm not sure what makes an AeroTech reel attractive to you, because I'm not very familiar with the design. But we can make whatever you want.

In the course of coming up with the two basic vacuum reel designs that we offer, we made 44", 46", 49.5" and 54" diameter reels, finally settling on the 49.5" and the 54". We can make most any diameter reel that you want, down to whatever size is practical, and we are set up for making a 36" version, in case anyone asks. And from what I can tell, the AeroTech seems to be about that size and raised up off of the floor so that the other smaller reels can be mounted on the floor in front of it. None of that is problematic for us.

The tube size of our hoops is 1", which is considerably larger than the majority of those offered in the industry. And that appears to be a similar size to the AeroTech, so, structurally, we are similar in that way, I think. Even so, we could just as easily go to 1.125" or 1.25" tube, if such a need arose in the form of an order or orders.

And that leaves the material- stainless steel. We do not at present build with stainless, but we are equipped to do so. So, once again, we could do something in that regard as well, if such an order were placed.

Send us the spec's of what you want and we'll be glad to look at them and quote you.

Thanks,

Randy
http://reelinnovations.us

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom