Hoser hose washing tool

Buck1955

Name
John
I saw the thread from last year where some of you bought them so, How do you like it now? I think they look great. Will my new 2" cuffs fit through it too?

Anyone selling them for $99.00 still?

Thanks,

Buck

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I saw the thread from last year where some of you bought them so, How do you like it now? I think they look great. Will my new 2" cuffs fit through it too?

Anyone selling them for $99.00 still?

Thanks,

Buck

I have one, Buck
it's "OK"..at best

2" cuffs fit thru just fine
the problem is the copper cleaning ring...it's a just a copper tube with a little holes drilled in it...the holes are spaced too wide to get even/complete coverage .
They need to be jets or triple the amount of pee stream holes in the ring

..L.T.A.

Name
Jesse
As Larry said, it's ok. We've used it 3 or 4 times. IF you have a crazy customer who wants clean hoses pulled through their home then it looks great from their perspective. If your trying to clean slurry off of your hoses it is easier and faster to use a pressure washing gun and spray them down on some concrete. We've used it on 2.5 hose which is a tight fit to say the least. At the time we were using Mytee cuffs, not sure if Flash cuffs would fit. If your using 2" hose you can pull it back and forth through the Hoser which is necessary if your trying to do anymore than remove dust. 2.5 won't go in reverse so it cannot be cleaned as effectively.

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
I bought the original one years ago. Used it like once and threw it in the back corner of the shop. It was way to much of a pia to use. Idk if the new version is any better or not.

Buck1955

Name
John
Thanks, I do H2O work in new home construction and get the vac hoses full of drywall, or mud from driveway. Kind of a pita to pressure wash in temps like we've had lately. Too bad it wasn't designed better. Would more psi help?

Thanks for the reply's guys

spotman123

Name
Wayne foster
John, I have the newest version with flash cuffs. I don't have any problems. I use everyday especially when I am done for the last job. If you have a lot of crap on your hoses you have to crank the psi up. I believe it can with stand 1,000psi. You also have to reel it up slowly. Otherwise you can use a pressure washer to rinse them off. It does not leave the hoses dry but damp. The tool itself is not the easiest thing to handle. But it is better than nothing.

Reactions: J Scott W

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
My experience is they are junk. First time I used it blew one of the small plastic lines because I turned the pressure up enough to make it effective. Ordered replacement hoses, set it on the shelf and when I got the tubes in I threw them in a drawer and that's where they have been for 2 years. Much more effective just to get the pressure nozzle and spray things off as needed

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
My experience is they are junk. First time I used it blew one of the small plastic lines because I turned the pressure up enough to make it effective. Ordered replacement hoses, set it on the shelf and when I got the tubes in I threw them in a drawer and that's where they have been for 2 years. Much more effective just to get the pressure nozzle and spray things off as needed

If you really want to try one I will sell you mind with replacement tubes (if I can find them) for $50 and u pay shipping, slightly used (one time ;) )

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
John, I am probably talking about the old version but wouldn't know for sure since I now will scan right over this item when I see it. I would say mine was purchased 2-3 years ago.

What make the new version a lot better?

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
It would make sense to me that it would need to be able to handle at least 1.000 psi in order to be effective. I posted a year or so ago about a handy little tool in my box that cost about $6 that I crank up to 1,000 to clean my cleaning tools off at the end of the day/night because most commercial work will turn the jets and extenders black in a shift. My little nozzle is perfect for getting nasty hoses clean because you can usually only get about 65% of a hose clean so you have to attempt to get the reverse side clean and that is when it becomes a PITA hence why I purchased the "hoser" to start with

Buck1955

Name
John
Billy you are talking about the old version right? While not perfect I liked it but the new one is way better.

One thing about our industry is R&D is missing, we are guinea pigs. How many times have you bought a new product only to find it sucks and the company has redesigned it but wont help you get out of the old and into the new. Water claw is a good example, my first one broke after a year but the company said too bad so sad.

Reactions: jwfoulk12

John Olson

Name
John Olson
A water claw or a flash extractor? Never heard of a water claw breaking and if it was a flash extractor it is absolutely warrantied and yes they break. Did the distributor say hydroforce wouldn't replace it? If so they didn't tell the truth. If you have the invoice and the tool I'll get if replaced for you.

Billy

Name
BH
I have the Old Style Hoser which hasn't been used in many years because it doesn't work with 2.5" hose which is what we have used since purchasing the BigBearTruck. It did work fairly good when we used it though.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
I have honestly never had a water claw beak. The buttons and springs and handles wear out but the head I have never seen break. Well except the one that bounced down the road.
I would like to hear more and see what broke.

Reactions: GCCLee

Buck1955

Name
John
Mine is so old it doesn't have springs John had a clear 2" plastic piece that was glued to the base. The plastic tube broke so I've rigged it with a short piece of 2" vac hose and barbed hose connector.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom