Hoses to consider for high heat and pressure

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Greenie (well, Lisa really) was kind enough to send me a hose to try for them that was quite an upgrade from the 3/8" goodyear that came with the truck.

Parker 3/8" 4000 psi (a little overkill for a 3000 pump) - no problems at all so far.

IMG_1629.jpg

Parker 1/4" 2750 psi and 305 degree rated. Had 200 ft of parflex but I fried it one day when thermostat was at 325 before I realized it. Hose was smoking and not from the steam. Used it the next day and hand dozens of pin hole leaks throughout. It ain't cheap, but it better last.

IMG_1628.jpg

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
how are you finding it for flexibility?
I'm using the Tornado/Alpha hose more than my Parflex simply because I don't like having to belay(coil) the Parflex. The T/A hose is very flexible thought it does get hotter than the Parflex and it has a rougher skin.

The ideal hose would have a skin as smooth as the Parflex, and interior that would never rust or cause black death and the flexibility and specs (300+F and 3000psi) of the Tor/Alpha.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Boazcan;

I would not use that rubber wire-braid hose much over 200° for water.

The higher temperature rating is for hydraulic oil service.

Larry

TimP

Here in Florida the parflex does just fine. I don't notice much difference between it and rubber hose. The only times I really notice it is when it's cold. I can understand why a canadian would have trouble with it. But I think the key to the parflex is getting it back in the truck ASAP after turning off the TM. The heat will limber it up but when it gets cold it does get stiff.

I hope that hose does well for you Boazcan. Keep us updated....I'd like to know how it holds up and how well it holds heat etc.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
the better question is why does anyone need to set their machine above or even close to 300 degrees!!!!!! this has to be harmful to the components on the machine itself. if I tried to clean with those kind of temps I would be getting out steam vapor instead of water through my wand. set the machine to 260, and run parker 1035 ht all day every day for years without a problem

Walt

steve g said:
set the machine to 260, and run parker 1035 ht all day every day for years without a problem

Just proving that temp gauge readings vary.

In my experience 1035 will not hold up to that temp for more than 6 months if you run it daily - even then plan on replacing the ends every now an again. I found that at or above 270 will blow the end off. Keep it at 250 and you can use it for maybe a year.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Parflex 1035 HT hose is rated for 235° MAX.

Running over that actual temp should not be done.

Lawyers enjoy that opportunity.

Larry

Mr.V

I can't believe anyone would run any hose for "years"

sounds like an accident waiting to happen

I always bought new every year for piece of mind and alot of extra hose

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
i was kind of thinking along the same lines as SteveG
as far as 325 temps

No matter

let us know how it holds up, Boaz

......................................................................................

In regards to 1035HT,, we've used it for 18 out of 20 years.
anyone who doesn't have a large arbor hose reel will probably HATE it.
With hose reel, it's no problem at all after a few weeks of use
(even in winter or when hose is cold)
I find it easier to reel in than Good Year Ineptune as a matter of fact

As Walt mentioned,
a "steady" diet of 250+ temps will blister the outer jacket nearest the TM with in a few months.
occasional use in those temps ranges hasn't been an issue for us though

..L.T.A.

Spurling

My water is set at 220 max .. I have left some solution line imprints which are hard to get out .. are there any hoses out there with some kind of insulator .. Also if I ran a 3/8 in solid line from the truck to the house, would the line still freeze up.?(in the cold days of winter) as long as the connectors were in the closed truck and house.

Greenie

Regardless of Larry's helpful post, we will probably carry the 1/4" and 3/8" hose and slowly replace AlphaJet 310 deg stuff for guys needing a hose over 230 deg parflex.

Farenheit251

Brian, What kind of flow are you running? When I ran 5 03s it seemed like I was able to deliver alot of heat with temps in the 240 range. With 5 02s I need 270 to get the same heat.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Larry Cobb said:
Boazcan;

I would not use that rubber wire-braid hose much over 200° for water.

The higher temperature rating is for hydraulic oil service.

Larry

Ignorant on your post here. What difference does it make on the liquid being transported through the hose? (within reason)

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
BrianE said:
Brian, What kind of flow are you running? When I ran 5 03s it seemed like I was able to deliver alot of heat with temps in the 240 range. With 5 02s I need 270 to get the same heat.

15 flow, likewise. Dual wanding a lot with 2 - 15 flow wands.

We are going to use that hose combination to improve/expand our hard surface work. We are going to work on doing some more paver work. We utilize a hyperturbo that can take 4000 psi.

I have had several pin hole leaks on the old parker at the crimps over the past year. I have had the 3/8 neptune replace by the new 3/8" parker for all the guts in the machine. That thoroughly improved heat and water flow. The steal crimps were rusting anyway and connections were frozen from internal rust.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom