HOSS rotary extractor review

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I demoed one to do a large commercial account and a trashed apartment. If you like the RX 20, you will not like this at first. It seems you have to move slower in order to get an even looking clean. On commercial glue down it leaves a strange spirograph pattern on the carpet, however when you do your dry passes everything evens out. After it dries it looks fine. Dry times aren't anything to write home about, but it does beat the rx20. Doesn't dry as well as a glided wand though. The best use for this machine would be to systemize a bunch of green technicians. I had a brand new guy with me on our 12 hour commercial job. The 2nd truck was having issues and I needed to go help fix it. I took a guy who had been pulling hoses for 1 hour, showed him the basic operation of the machine (he had never even used a floor machine before) let him clean a few feet while I watched him and left him to continue cleaning unsupervised for 40 minutes. He did perfectly. I checker his results the next day and it all looked just like the areas I cleaned. I would have never done that with an rx 20 or even with a wand, but you can with the hoss. It is easy enough to operate. It is just a matter of dependability and ease of maintenance to decide whether you need a fleet of hoss for your army of gteen techs.
Don't think you will like it more than the rx 20 if you like that machine.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
My tech who does most of our commercial accounts and always has an rx 20 on his van said, "Why are you forcing me to use this piece of garbage? Don't you want this job to get done? Give me back my RX 20 or I'm throwing this piece of crap off the balcony and going home. I know you wanted a review and you can have it if you want but it will be mostly swear words. Please don't buy this thing, it sucks."

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Gary;

Thanks for posting your review.

I do have a couple of questions ?

Did your Hoss have the new jet assemblies that were introduced at Connections ?

They have flared jets the entire width of the extraction shoes.

Also, was the jet restrictor in place for your demo.

The amount of water delivered to the head is determined by the jet restrictor or the lack of.

Larry

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom