Host crb

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
So anyone ever use one of these to scrub tile? I just picked one up on craigslist for cheap. Going to use it to scrub traffic areas so the hoss can clean a litter faster. Also good for stairs. Going to see how it does on a encap job. Maybe next year I can buy a real crb but this so cheap I stole it.

Time to sell the pile lifter and drag wand and make some room

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
We have a guy that cleans tile with host here. They call it chemical free cleaning lol. I would never clean with host unless it was the only way to clean.
I'm looking to use this to scrub pre spray in.

Name
BradFenstermaker
I use one for tile scrubbing all the time just take your time and let it scrub.

Inspect the cord for cuts before you lay it on wet surface.

If it has zebra black/white brushes, use them for everything. I only have all white for mine They do good job too

Reactions: AshleyMckendree
Name
Danny Strickland
better stock up on bearings. getting a Host machine wet wasn't a good idea. ask me how i know???

Better to pick up a CRB made to handle wet environments.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
better stock up on bearings. getting a Host machine wet wasn't a good idea. ask me how i know???

Better to pick up a CRB made to handle wet environments.

Indeed.

We had a guy come in with one (yes, with problems) that had no ground on the cord. I told the customer he was lucky it just stopped working (he was using it for HWE agitation). It could have been a lot worse.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I have a GLS machine. I have no idea how it compares to a Host machine, but the GLS is too light to be very effective at scrubbing tile. Even with a full solution tank and sprayer on it.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Indeed.

We had a guy come in with one (yes, with problems) that had no ground on the cord. I told the customer he was lucky it just stopped working (he was using it for HWE agitation). It could have been a lot worse.

I can't for the life of me understand why any rational person wouldn't put any piece of electrical equipment that has a broken ground out of service. Frying myself with electricity is way down on the bucket list. A $5 plug, a screwdriver, a sharp knife and 5 minutes- it's back to work and safe.

I use these- really pricey, but they las forever.

http://www.zoro.com/i/G3066357/?src...gence&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=pronto

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I used it at my place this weekend and it did a good job. Im going to make sure the cord is grounded. It looks like new.
A friend of mine warned me about the bearings. He said just to replace them often because they are cheap and easy to do.
I plan to buy a real crb in the future but its not in the budget right now. This will make life easier for now.

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
We use host machines for tile. Actually works really well for grout lines when you press down on the rim of the machine to get it deep in there. I would recommend using the ALL black bristles. They are the most firm for cleaning tile/grout. We use the zebra bristles for carpet cleaning, and the brown bristles for wool/silk rugs.. etc. We also have an all white pair, but hardly use those for anything. The machine gets dirty as crap underneath when you take the bristles out. Clean immediately after using basically or it will begin to turn yellow..

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
The white ones work for ceramic etc ok? We have only used them on Natural Stone since they aren't as heavy duty as the all black. What type of host machine are you using?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom