Host Mahcine what model is this one?

smb181

Hey guys I just brought this off ebay a couple of weeks ago. What model is
this one

HOST.jpg

?. I would like to order a set of brushes for it. Thanks.

Attachments

• HOST.jpg
    HOST.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 156

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
isn't that a T6? looks like mine only alot newer and cleaner.

i ordered brushes off of eBay for mine. Search: Host Brush*

thanx --- Derek.

G

Looks better than the 1986 or was it 1981 model I saw on eBay. If it's priced less than $200 bucks it's a great deal!

Name
Deborah Lema
Samuel,

It is not a T-6; those brushes will not fit. If you'll check the serial number on it and let me know what it is I can try to help you out.

A little background on that machine: I don't know how old she is until I check the serial number, but I'd say she's at least 20. It is not one of our official commercial cleaning machines; it is a rental model. I suspect this one came out of Canada? There is a group there that purchased some of these a while ago, and they're the only ones we've ever sold this model to. Other machines of the same model that you may see are leased out by us and are still our property. Because we still own them, we do the maintenance on them. Thus, we've never sold brushes for this machine and they are not available through distribution. However, since this is probably the only time in the history of the universe that this could come up, I'll see what I can do for you. Like I said, give us a call (800-558-9439) or email me with the serial number. (If calling, be ready for the customer service department to be confused and tell you we don't have brushes for that. In which case tell them that you know it's a weird situation, but Greg said he'd work something out.)

By the way, the is a great machine for residential stairs.

A note to folks looking on ebay for HOST machines: if you get a serial number from an ebay seller (before bidding) and call us up, we'd be happy to tell you what we can about it.

Regards,
Debbie

Greenie

and I thought my old machines looked old, that one looks in fantastic condition, it probably "looks" older than it is by design.

I'm gonna guess it has 10" wide brushes?

G

Wow 'green research' at least 20 yrs old! That there host machine is in great condition!

Glad to have you participate here on Mikey's Board!

Name
Deborah Lema
Close-- 8 inch brushes. I think. I've actually never seen one of these models in person, and our self-proclaimed Historian is out today so I can't ask him.

It does look like it's in great shape!

Regards,
Debbie

smb181

green research

Debbie you wrote:
Close-- 8 inch brushes. I think. I've actually never seen one of these models in person, and our self-proclaimed Historian is out today so I can't ask him.

It does look like it's in great shape!

Regards,
Debbie

Right on all counts I purchase this unit from a guy in Canada. I will give you a call this week. Thanks!!

sss.jpg

HOST-1.jpg

34c0_12_sb.jpg

Attachments

• sss.jpg
    sss.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 158
  • HOST-1.jpg
    HOST-1.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 148
  • 34c0_12_sb.jpg
    34c0_12_sb.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 152

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I rented one years ago before I bought a GLS and found it very cumbersome to use because of that handle.

Who makes them?

Its not a HOST exclusive product is it?

smb181

Jimmy Ladwig

I don't know the answer to your question but this is a very easy machine to use.

Name
Deborah Lema
Who makes them? Its not a HOST exclusive product is it?[/quote said:
It is a HOST machine, made by Racine Industries. 99.99% of them out there are still owned by us. Samuel here happened upon one of the few .01% that aren't. Which is good, since usually when we see these on ebay they are technically stolen property. Anybody ever bid one one of these and then see the auction canceled?

Looking at the brush pictures, they don't look like they're in too bad of shape. Hard to tell from pictures though. Those soft brushes last FOREVER. Well, a really really long time. :-)

Regards,
Debbie

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
There seems to be a demand for them Debra so why not advertise just the machine in a major mag so we could get one?

Could under cut the competition of those GLS type machines.

Name
Deborah Lema
Jimmy Ladwig! said:
There seems to be a demand for them Debra so why not advertise just the machine in a major mag so we could get one?

Could under cut the competition of those GLS type machines.

You and your logic.

Seriously, though, there has been talk in the past about making this machine available to professionals in addition to DIY-ers. My understanding is that historically, professionals have preferred the T-6 because it's a little bigger and heavier and has more brush choices. Plus, the current rental machine is less heavy-duty.

On the other hand, many pro cleaners are using agitation in different ways nowadays, so maybe a smaller lighter machine for those mysterious purposes would be a useful piece of kit. I'll pass along your suggestion, Jimmy, and see what happens.

Regards,
Debbie

Name
BradFenstermaker
You need to email Debbie with Racine Industries. Search GreenResearch here.

Debbie I recieved my part and it works great. Thanks and that was fast.

Brad

Greenie

The current T-6 or Reliant is about as light as any pro would want, you need some weight on the machine.

If you ask me, Host is missin' the boat not making a "commercial" model that is 20" wide....I know you could always buy TWO units, but one man O/O don't want to do that dance.

Name
Deborah Lema
BradFenstermaker said:
You need to email Debbie with Racine Industries. Search GreenResearch here.

Debbie I recieved my part and it works great. Thanks and that was fast.

Brad

Oh good; I'm glad all is good. Geez that was fast.

Regards,
Debbie

Name
Deborah Lema
Greenie said:
The current T-6 or Reliant is about as light as any pro would want, you need some weight on the machine.

If you ask me, Host is missin' the boat not making a "commercial" model that is 20" wide....I know you could always buy TWO units, but one man O/O don't want to do that dance.

You're right about the weight. Although some folks complain about how heavy the machines are, we'd rather have a machine that cost a little more but ran forever. Lighter plastic parts break. Plus, they don't get down into the carpet much. That's the trade-off.

Regarding a 20-incher, who knows? Our engineering department is always cooking up interesting things. Strange and fun place, that engineering department.

Regards,
Debbie

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
with due respect, your engineering dept should hang out here and see what REAL WORLD cleaners want and need. not what they in the engineering dep't think cleaners want.

that goes for ALL the manu's out there. it's pretty simple logic.

home & business owners don't know what they NEED to maintain their carpet. we the Pro's do. so hang & listening to us more would be a slight benefit i'd reckon.

glad to see some are hanging around :)

thanx --- Derek.

Name
Deborah Lema
Samuel,

Well I haven't had any luck yet tracing the numbers you sent me, so I can't give you a definite history on your particular machine yet. However, did you perhaps try tipping the handle down (like it is in the top picture you posted here) and looking under there? Try that and let me know if you find something engraved there.

I've been told that your machine is about 40 years old, not 20 like I guessed earlier.

Regards,
Debbie

Name
Deborah Lema
Derek said:
with due respect, your engineering dept should hang out here and see what REAL WORLD cleaners want and need. not what they in the engineering dep't think cleaners want.

that goes for ALL the manu's out there. it's pretty simple logic.

home & business owners don't know what they NEED to maintain their carpet. we the Pro's do. so hang & listening to us more would be a slight benefit i'd reckon.

glad to see some are hanging around :)

thanx --- Derek.

Derek,

I absolutely agree that designers/engineers need to get out more. I'm sure they would too!

Regards,
Debbie

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Derek in reality MOST pro carpet cleaners don't use those Host sponges.

Maybe building janitors but not the mainstream.

At least the ones I know about.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
true most do not that we conversate with here on the forums, tho a couple gents like Mike Ellis and Jose Smith use it in their arsenal.

but back to the Host engineers for instance, if they hang out here more, then they may see that Encap users like using the CRB type machines. and since the T6 and other Host machines are a little underpowered / lightweight, those engineers might think, "hey we are really missing out here..." and make some new equipment and bring it in at an inexpensive price and now we have some competition for the CRB's and prices may come down some, and we might get better and better equipment with better and better features.

thanx --- Derek.

smb181

green research:

I looked all over the machine and only the numbers I gave you were on the machine. Thanks for your effort !!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom