Hotel Pricing

americlean

How do you all price hotels. I have a 65 room, lobby, stair, halls coming up. GM wants HWE.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
americlean said:
How do you all price hotels. I have a 65 room, lobby, stair, halls coming up. GM wants HWE.

We haven't done any in years and years, cause i haven't found a way to make any money at what they'll typically pay
(quality or roach motel)

donno how much "you" need to make a profit

ever done motels before?
Have any idea of what your production times are?

start there and add up how much "you" need/want to make

..L.T.A.

dgargan

We will do them every now and then. There are ways to make money if you do it right. First we need to get $15-$18 per room. We only use a Cimex or Rotary and we only do open area's. We also have to do a minimum of 25 rooms at a time. Doing it this way a tech can produce over $100 per hour. If you hwe and move stuff there's no way to make enough $ unless you find a rare motel willing to pay your regular price.

Higher end hotels on the other hand you can get your regular price for.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
I DON'T KNOW WHAT HOTEL THE GUY ABOVE ME IS CLEANING FOR BUT... I generally get about $11.00 a room & $0.10 psf on hallways & common areas. Sorry about the caps lock...

Mr.V

I only ever had one hotel i didn't mind cleaning for

they'd set up 20-30 rooms a day all in a row,,,I was getting 17.50 per room

the cleaning ladies or the managers son would prepare the rooms (move furniture)

hotel rooms don't take long IMO,,,filthy or not

10-15 minutes per room at most

Bob Foster

Better hotels (but less than real high end) T/L only
Stairs $3
Hallways two bits per square foot
Rooms $45 - Minimum 5 rooms per visit on the same floor or if they will book off an entire floor or half of a floor contiguous then 35 per room
Count on 4 to 5 visits to complete if they are moderately busy.
Count on a few quick service calls to pad out some wick-backs.
Start time will be 10 or 11 AM quit time will be no later than 3PM
Have at least 6 wet floor/hose signs and each guest room to have written notice about carpet cleaning and hose - slippery floor warnings

Mike Draper

Bob Foster said:
Better hotels (but less than real high end) T/L only
Stairs $3
Hallways two bits per square foot
Rooms $45 - Minimum 5 rooms per visit on the same floor or if they will book off an entire floor or half of a floor contiguous then 35 per room
Count on 4 to 5 visits to complete if they are moderately busy.
Count on a few quick service calls to pad out some wick-backs.
Start time will be 10 or 11 AM quit time will be no later than 3PM
Have at least 6 wet floor/hose signs and each guest room to have written notice about carpet cleaning and hose - slippery floor warnings

I service a couple of hotels with almost the same prices, same hours and all ( HWE )

G

I don't do Hotels in Pensacola; they are all own by greedy foreigners. They only pay $4 to $6 dollars per room here; I did a Holiday Inn Express once when I had prowler; they paid $20 per room; But it was national chain owned and they wanted carpet cleaned; it also took 15 min max. Good luck; hope it works out for ya.

KOOSER55

Im curious id you guys are using tm's or portables on the hotels but i guess it depends on the lay out right?

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
KOOSER55 said:
Im curious id you guys are using tm's or portables on the hotels but i guess it depends on the lay out right?

Lobby, entry & most ground floor areas we use TM. The rest we use a porty on

The Preacher

price it high and if he soesn't give it to you call the authorities and tell em you think they're running a Ho house out of room 125, then find a hooker and give her the key to said room you just rented under an assumed name!!!! :twisted:

i bet Howie and Joey Pee don't teach that at they circle jerk!!!

Rooster on Dannys computer

A lot of hotels and in some states must have wool carpets for safety(fire) reasons....just make sure your guys do a burn test to identify the fiber....

I cleaned one hotel and I will never touch another one. The owner told me he needed 75 rooms cleaned was paying 5 dollars per room for carpet cleaning. I said are you serious. I told him I would clean for 10 dollars per room. We finally agreed on 9 dollars per room. I explained to him that at the price I was charging we would only be cleaning the open areas.

I brought a helper with me to move in front of me and open doors, apply pre-treatment, and help me pull hose around. I used an RX-20 to hit all the open areas. We were moving quite fast as we did 17 rooms in the first hour or about 150 per hour. I was only spending about 3 minutes in each room. We were doing some shoddy work for sure. About halfway through the first hour I had this sick feeling come over me and knew I would never do this type of work again.

The owner shows up and starts inspecting our work and says we are not getting under beds or cleaning along the baseboards and asks us to re-clean the ones we had done. I said unless we get more money we are not changing anything. We got into a big heated argument. The guys name was Kumar. He said leave, I am not paying you. I had to threaten to kick his a**. I got my money though and left. There for about an hour and twenty minutes. Took my 150 and left.

The funny thing is the lady working at the front desk and a guy repairing doors started arguing with him when our argument started and the owner fired everybody in the place.

It was so funny.

I will never touch a nasty apartment or hotel/motel and neither should any respectable company. I later found out another company did the job for 3 dollars per room and cleaned the owners 3,000 square foot house for free.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
back in the mid 90's when I worked for a couple of companies down in texas we would do them for as low as $7/rm, which if you thought about it didn't seem that bad, until you get doing it and find that the rooms aren't really in a row like they told you, there are still people in them etc. it was a joke a bunch of work for nothing, not to mention wear and tear on equipment, price it enough to make money or walk

Name
Ron lippold
back in the 90s I was doing them around here for 19.95 a room then nick took the price down to 9.95 now the wont pay more than 6.95

Back
Top Bottom