Hotter and hotter and hotter...

Bob Foster

I said Hotter not Hooters...

I did a restaurant for a regular repeat customer today and I decided I would pin the #4 Little Giant for the job. I ran my Greenhorn with #2 jets keyed on with a slower stroke non stop both directions with dry strokes back to the starting point. I figure I must have kicked it up another 15 degrees because the wand tube was so hot I could barely hang on to it wearing my gloves.

Wow did it clean good.

Next job a trashed rental that has been occupied by the same tenant for 7 years with a dog. It had been Rug Doctored twice from new carpet.

Made up a hydroforce full of nuclear monkey piss and GLSed it and, what the heck, let's pin the Little Giant again. Used the same wand stroke only a little faster. Carpets went from trashed to surprisingly presentable.

I just wonder how hard this heat will be on my wand valve and lines.

Gotta love heat!

Name
John LaBarbera
Bob Foster said:
I said Hotter not Hooters...

I did a restaurant for a regular repeat customer today and I decided I would pin the #4 Little Giant for the job. I ran my Greenhorn with #2 jets keyed on with a slower stroke non stop both directions with dry strokes back to the starting point. I figure I must have kicked it up another 15 degrees because the wand tube was so hot I could barely hang on to it wearing my gloves.

Wow did it clean good.

Next job a trashed rental that has been occupied by the same tenant for 7 years with a dog. It had been Rug Doctored twice from new carpet.

Made up a hydroforce full of nuclear monkey piss and GLSed it and, what the heck, let's pin the Little Giant again. Used the same wand stroke only a little faster. Carpets went from trashed to surprisingly presentable.

Gotta love heat!

Hi Bob,

That's why you need a Carbon Fiber Bentley! It's not only lighter but the Graphite allows no heat to transfer from the tube.

Here's a question.

Would you guys prefer the swivel on the Bentley or a fixed wand that's a 1 to 1 1/2 lbs. lighter?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Bob Foster said:

Gotta love heat!

cool down at shut down, Bob.
Hoses will last longer

No valve has ever lasted us long with a steady diet of 240+ though
They start leaking from the stem in short order with a steady diet of 240+

..L.T.A.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Even the little boosting I did with my LG burnt out one of Greenies ballvalves. The thing sprays out through the valve swivel. Have to swap it out now.
I turned down my heat, with 15 flow, and I still get excellent results. I do utilize the full pie though.

replace more parts or clean a little faster? make more profit cleaning faster only to spend it on parts.

SPeaking of parts, whats the best 90 degree swivel joint? The one on my spinner where I connect the hose is spraying.

Chads

Supportive Member
John I think the one thing that would keep me from buying a bently is the swivel I saw it and person and played with it before ,and did not like the swivel so a carbon fiber wand would be cool, so when you want to send me out the first production one I will try it out for you at no extra charge and give you feed back. Honestly you do need to deversive your wand selections just keep the quality up. :mrgreen:

Bob Foster

I think running really high heat would burn a lot of propane and I consider it a little dangerous in case one of my Goodyear Ineptune lines broke. I think until I get some paraflex lines I will only do that on restaurants and for now I think I will turn it down a little.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Spurling said:
would a 3/8 hose be less likely to burst with high heat vs a 1/4 in?

I "hear" so from the dudes that still run 3/8 on the Powermatics.

I have no personal experience though, cause I don't see a need for heavy 3/8 sol line to clean carpet.
and changed mine to 1/4" as soon as i got it

..L.T.A.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Ron Werner said:
Even the little boosting I did with my LG burnt out one of Greenies ballvalves. The thing sprays out through the valve swivel. Have to swap it out now.
I turned down my heat, with 15 flow, and I still get excellent results. I do utilize the full pie though.

replace more parts or clean a little faster? make more profit cleaning faster only to spend it on parts.

SPeaking of parts, whats the best 90 degree swivel joint? The one on my spinner where I connect the hose is spraying.

Ron, the swivel on my Turbo is still in good shape after two years of good heat. We do a ton of tile work. I just got another turbo and it does not have the swivel, so I will be getting one asap.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
ronbeatty said:
Larry, You need to try the new valve Greenie has. It takes the heat no problem!!!!!!!

Thanks Ron

I'll have to give one a try.
the stainless feather touch (Westpac?) didn't impress me much.

..L.T.A.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Hi Bob,

That's why you need a Carbon Fiber Bentley! It's not only lighter but the Graphite allows no heat to transfer from the tube.

Here's a question.

Would you guys prefer the swivel on the Bentley or a fixed wand that's a 1 to 1 1/2 lbs. lighter?[/quote

Both would give you better variety.. and if the carbon fiber tubes are that much lighter.. maybe you ought to see about working with Greenie to develop some greenie modification for the wand.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom