how about this for advertising

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Get on a local tv show that has different things...like the today show but with a local feel....

and you get on and BE HONEST ABOUT WHAT YOU DO!!!!!

none of this horse shit about i can do this or that....just "hey i come clean your carpet, do a good job, for a fair and FIXED price, no upsells, no pressure, pay xxx amount and get a good job...some stains may not come out etc..."

but try the good ole boy from down the street i just wanna clean your carpet and not try to be your used car salesman type...

what ya think???

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Could work.

But people want pizazz....whether they know it or not.

Look at the shamwow guy....then, not now.

shamwow.jpg

images

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
It's a dis-service to your customers if you don't offer and explain how they could benefits from your other services.

Who knows maybe a viewer might want their tile cleaned, a pet problem solved or a koolade spot removed.

Buy what do I know?

Funny how some guys forget that this is a sales and service profession.

We are not just janitors or at least I'm not.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
I know there are things people ask for..(though i think i have gotten MAYBE a handful in all my years :| :| )

I think people lately want honest people and to know they arent getting it somewhere else they dont want it

I would for sure talk about all my services....

and no Dave I aint a janitor either (anymore !gotcha! ) but i am certainly not a salesman either...

maybe thats the question i could ask...

You want a salesman to clean your carpets, or a carpet cleaner??

Truthfully alot of that sales stuff goes over my head...always had a hard time in English...BUT i sure can clean the hell outa carpet, VCT, polished concrete...etc..

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Ron Werner said:
I do like the guys opening remarks

BULLLLLLSHIT.....

so that looks even better dont it 5% are certified and 95% are not....soooooooo how many companies do you figure are hacks????

50%??? higher

those certs mean absolutely shit, when i hear a 10yr old gets certified...

or when the CRI certifies a rug doctor....

or when the fookin host who heard it 3 min before has a hard time remembering the initials..

anyway...yes a setting like that....covering what i can do for you....

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Yeah, I know Doug, just because they are certified doesn't really mean squat, but at least its a start for them. The majority of good cleaners are certified, the majority of hacks don't bother to be certified.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom