how busy are you??

how busy are you right now

• more than 5 full years in biz...buried with work, running wide open

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • less than 5 ...I just spend the kid's milk money on a marketing plan that promised to make me rich

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
since many here are new start-ups in their first years, there are two sets of poll questions .
one for all with over 5 "complete" years in biz and one for the under five's

I'm curious how busy we all are.
I figure a poll will be a good indicator cause you can remain anonymous if biz SUCKS for you

..L.T.A.

Name
Lee Stockwell
It's always a little slow the last of July here. August we will be slammed due to university related work.

Our commercial work stays the same year around, the fluxuation is in rental, and residential.

Mikey P

Administrator
kinda shocked how bizzy we are this year what with all the doom and glooom

Who said recently .."Now people are not choosing to have their carpet cleaned, they HAVE to keep the clean"...?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I am busier then normal for this time of year..booked out ...week and a half to 2 weeks pretty steady.....

Amazing

next opening is Aug 6th.

At least 7 calls to return.

should end the month with 60 jobs completed for July.

I have a huge purchase coming soon, so all the extra cash is welcome.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Less then 5 for me.. 7 calls today and all booked , but only 2 jobs next week. :shock:

I finally let go and had my bro do my flyers, and it's payed off so far.. I'm up 20% on the year. Just got to keep it going!

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
busier tha a one armed wall paper hanger with a case of the crabs

Cameron1

carpet off compared to last year, but mold and water off the charts. ( water and mold added last year) as far as marketing goes.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It's been a busy summer for us, but this week has been slammed, all out. (who know how long it will last?)

The only part of our business that has been slow is fire contents in plant. We had to let 2-girls go and have had the other two, doing busy work for the last few weeks.

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
Damn.. Pushed the wrong button :oops: This one is the one I ment to pick: "more than 5...busy, but not slammed" The thing is I used to do a lot of advertising. I don't do much anymore, Just repeats and referrals. If I did advertise, I'd have too much work right now. Maybe when I get my other van fixed I might do a little advertising.

steve r

im just under 5 years and busy.
i have a slammed week or two and then a slow week or two.
its kind of how its been for me and im not complaining.
havent advertised other than the 2 line yellow page ad.
even stopped going to BNI after 2 and a half years.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
steve r said:
i
i have a slammed week or two and then a slow week or two.
its kind of how its been for me .

actually, that's how it's been for us for the last few years.
Doing all-ite overall for the most part, but nothing to write home about.

this year has been different, 'cept for a slow month in Feb, we've been booming, along with periods of "how in the hell am I going to make ALL this happen this week".... :shock:

..L.T.A.

Three more referrals today. A lady works for a large bank and told me she was unhappy with the last two cleaners (two-three days to dry that she found out of val pak). I told her one of my top priorities was making sure the carpets dried fast. It's amazing what treating people fair, doing a great job, and having sensible pricing will do for a carpet cleaning business. I have a nice 600 dollar floor job (I decided to do the stone job with a low gloss floor finish) this weekend and did a 600 dollar clean and color seal yesterday. I gave a lady a great deal. Initially I was going to clean 600 sq ft for 300 dollars because the tiles were 18x18 and she had everything moved. I talked her into spending an extra 300 for the sealer. She is the first customer to want a darker color seal (malibu sand). I am trying not to get too busy though. I have a full workload this weekend and my normal stuff next week. I am happy considering I am not doing anything but waiting for the phone to ring.

For some reason I am never up or down. I do about the same every month. If I want more work, I can get it, but for now I am happy where I am at.

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
will be 2 yrs old in sept
slammed since july 4
7 days booked out
record week last week
hope nobody turns the valve off
lots of repeats

about freakin time

TimP

Less than 5 need more work.

I finished my schools on Monday. So it's back to the usual work load. At this point I'm glad for it, for a bit. I do have 4-5 jobs or so to do and people are booking more than usual for this time of the year. But I can get to everyone within a week.

But when I was doing my schools I was over worked. I worked 7 days a week for at least 3-4 weeks in a row too I've done really close to 30% of what I did last year dollar wise in the past 6 weeks. Tons of sq ft done because of the low sq ft price for the schools. I don't have the sq ft total added up but I did probably really close to 130,000 sq ft of carpet and close to 9-10,000 sq ft of ceramic tile, all in the past 6 weeks or so.

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
I put 5 but need more, only because I have a few updates on my TM I need money for.
Other than that I dont WANT to be booked ALL DAY EVERY DAY. I like working 2 MAYBE 3 hours a day.

Equipment/van is PAID for
Stocked up on chems for a while
I dont pay for fuel
Rent is nearly paid a year ahead of time
Car is paid for
No Credit Cards

My business is pretty much were I want it to say, If I get busier so-be-it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom