how come i see so many TM CC's Cleaning with :

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
How come i see so many CC cleaning with a 1.5'' dia wand? was looking around you youtube and cant find a single one other than happy cleaners that use a 2" wand.

why is this?

Jim Nelson

Name
Jim nelson
What is the benefit of a two in wand if you have to have a glide an a extra dry stroke an a fan to get the carpet dry an if you cant get it dry you sure as hell have not got it clean. Oh an a big blower. please tell me if i put a hole glide on my one an a half in wand will i remove more water with the glide or with out.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
To answer the first question: Unless you are using coolcuffs or some other device to keep the hose restrictions to a minimum AND you are NOT using a whip line, there really is no advantage to using a 2 inch wand. The 2 inch tubed wand allows more airflow and thus better recovery for either larger wand heads or higher flow. However the restrictions in a hose system on a stock truckmount such as the hose connectors that are no bigger than 1.75 inch and using an 1.5 whip line to the wand means that the best efficiency is going to be realized with a 1.5 wand. Of course using lower pressure and the smaller hose setup allows some smaller machines to dual wand.. all beit with less performance.

To answer Jim Nelson's question of whether a glide will be beneficial for his 1.5 wand.. the answer is simply yes for two reasons and prolly more. The glide will not only make the wand glide over the carpet easier. But a holed glide (or any glide producing a restriction in airflow) at the carpet wand interface will increase airflow using the bernoulies prinple and the venturi effect. As long as the restrictions in the vacuum flow between the wand and truck does not go below 1.5, the glide will increase the airflow right at the wand carpet interface thus providing better moisture recovery.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Jim, while you're at it why don't you point out that last-stage bleach injection isn't good for the carpet? You know that "Cleaner's BB Science" needs no proof, you just have to believe.

An attitude like yours might cost someone a sale.

roro

Name
Ross Craig
C&S said:
How come i see so many CC cleaning with a 1.5'' dia wand? was looking around you youtube and cant find a single one other than happy cleaners that use a 2" wand.

why is this?

Because it increases the initial velocity.

There has been more crapola talked on the boards about glides and wands than on what actually helps your business.

A wand is a wand is a wand. Use almost any and you can do a great job as long as copes with the pressure and it doesn't leak.

:|

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I have a 1.5" and a 2" Hydra Hoe (12") made by PMF that I ordered from Greenie. I'm 6'3" and they seem plenty long.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
P4290024.jpg

63" from head to bottom of tube (straight measurement).

Jim Nelson

Name
Jim nelson
My wand is 2in longer then yours but i am 5in shoter then you my assist handle is 4in from the valve holder you must have to bend way over to use that.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Not at all. Are you measuring along the full length of the throat of the wand or a straight line between both ends?

CleanEvo

I've never used a Hydrahoe, I have an s bend. What do you like better about the Hydrahoe?

Jim Nelson

Name
Jim nelson
A Straight line. I put head on the floor an from the floor up is 65in. With the wand like that it hits me in the mouth.

Mike Draper

roro said:
C&S said:

why is this?

Because it increases the initial velocity.

There has been more crapola talked on the boards about glides and wands than on what actually helps your business.

A wand is a wand is a wand. Use almost any and you can do a great job as long as copes with the pressure and it doesn't leak.

:|
Some are just harder to push, don't suck up as much water, don't rinse as well, lose more heat because the jets are to far away from the carpet, and last but not least, drip water all over the place cause the hack is to cheap to use check valves. :eek:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom