How could Connections be made more worthwhile?

Bob Foster

So what do you think they should do to make it valuable (instead of just a place to go hang out with friends).

Name
I'm Rick James
Re: Connections sucked!

What if they handed out free hotdogs? huh......

:mrgreen:

Becker

Name
Becker

Pay all expenses for the Kirk and Jerk show.

I hear that Vegas has much larger than normal inventories of Coors Light for the end of Sept.

F

FB7777

Foster, did you go diving without an oxygen tank this afternoon?

Greenie

Hangin' out with friends and looking at new stuff is what it's all about, sure ain't about seminars and stuffy we think we're important people.

I vote, Mikey puts in a bid to organize Connections for 2010, we could get some smart fellas like Forsythe and Wheelrwright and Rendall for example to do the hard work, we'll pay them well for their time, and booths won't be ridiculously overpriced.

2010 sounds good, that gives em' 2009 to book the ticket.

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu

will that give you enough time to get a 3 day pass and where,s my BC..gawd damm it

best night for my was friday . we went to the dueling paino bar in the Paris hotel
i had 8 pints of guinness and 3 bacardi and coke,s and knew NO PAIN

till sat morning then i KNEW REAL PAIN

G

I don't think even 300 people went by our booth! (Mostly A Waste Of Time)!

Brian L

Name
Brian L

Maybe have some pain reliever booths (Advil, Bayer, Alka Seltzer etc.) for the big drinkers.

Mikey P

Administrator

With Ken Harris as your front man I'm surprised you had anybody willing to stop and look.

That man reeks of desperation.

Mike Draper

I wasn't that impressed, again though, the zipper was awesome.

Bob Foster

Offer suppliers more incentives for outside demo areas
TM competitions
Longer exhibit times
More reasonable room rates - maybe even consider another hotel - convention center
Maybe alternate east - west every other year
Have the keynote speaker more related to the industry
Have a place in the the exhibit area that served alcohol
Make food free to all attendees

Chads

Supportive Member
Free Food
Ultimate cleaning challenges against all the big chemical companies see who really has the edge on certain stains
Free IIcrc certification classes for newbies
Bamm and someone to pay my trip there.

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
It's called car pooling Chad. I know a few cleaners around here that go evry year. I'll be driving down next year.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Strippers walking in and around the exhibits.

Maybe a hundred of them.

Oh yeah and free brauts on the grill.

John Watson

The trade shows are great, I didn't get to spend all the time I wanted to at the booths where somethings caught our eye.

I did make it around a few times though and some, mostly restoration didn't appeal to us cause we don't do that type of work anymore. They seemed to have the the best Barkers though. .

Most of the Manufacturers that we wanted to vist seemed to have great attendance and a steady flow.

I did miss talking to John L (He was yacking with others at the first 2 times I was there and then gone on my 3rd try) at Mitey but did speak to his son and Nathon.

Paying to attend to see their type of infomurcials is not my cup of tea, There was a time it was all generic, oh well that was yesterday, and there was bitching about that to.

I would like to see more hands on type of informative seminars, so some of us could get the whole picture.

I do have to agree, It was a piss poor class assortment if you just do carpet cleaning. I did enjoy John Braun, BillY, & Don Snider. The complete Software Solution Stunk, what a waste of my time, Shorty left just before me, Josh left right after. I wasted 55 minutes,but I did leave without telling them off and (I didn't want to wake most of everyone else up) At least JP & HP can keep me awake!!

If I didn't have to attend my CCINW board meeting I would not have attended this year. I probably won't next year. I seem to get more and enjoy going to things like Mikey Fest except fot the trade show..

Able 1

Name
Keith
If they held it in February I would go every year.

Keith

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
hey shhhhh i didnt name names......

but yes, yes i did :shock: :shock: :p

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Make sure that what they say about the seminars are actually stuck to, if you do not understand what I mean, here are two piss poor examples.

B. Specialty Stain Removal (9:00 am - 12:00 pm) - Sherman Guffy, Prochem, Specialty Stain Removal from tough stains like Mustard, Curry, Furniture Stains, Medicines, Red Wine and Colored beverages. Attend this Hands-on demonstrations of the latest techniques and chemicals that your company should have in your arsenal. Learn how to increase profits and keep customers by solving all of their specialty stain problems.

I attended this one, I specifically wanted to watch Sherman work his magic after I had seen some of his work down under at the Gold Coast last April, instead we were told to come to the Prochem stand where there would be some action.

I was very disappointed, he did little hands on work at this seminar.

Then the biggest, loud mouth idiot, I have ever had the unfortunate bad luck to encounter, spent the rest of the time on the stage, shouting his head off 'til he was hoarse and relied on his home made videos for the rest of the time.

Pity it wasn't the last stage out of town.

Here is another, that JW referred to............

• Complete Software Solution for Carpet Cleaners - Christine Janzen, COO, Assured Software. Assured Software will introduce their first product designed specifically for the carpet cleaning industry. Assured Complete Carpet Cleaning provides a tool to manage all of your customers, jobs, and activities from one system with an easy to use work order and scheduling system. Gold Sponsor Event

For this, I expected to see a live demo of what this system could do for me, with the intent of purchasing and taking it back home.

Unfortunately, I got a boring recital of how the program was developed.

I decided to go outside and watch the grass grow, it was moving along faster and was much more interesting.

The hours that the trade show were open were extremely short for the number of things to see, talk about and discuss with both booth holders and other operators.

Could there not be one full day that the show goes on from dawn 'til dusk, so to speak?

(Naturally, with liquid refreshments during the day) :wink: BUT ...... NO BUNDY !!!

Why can't the various stands be grouped together, such as carpet & upholstery in one section, water damage restoration in another, insurance spivs in another, computer programs, etc; etc; this would keep an attendees interest at it's peak as well as make it so easy to find what one is looking for.

Have a rest area for tired weary travellers where they may grab a quick forty winks without being harassed by hotel security and the coppers :oops:

The tucker was very bland for the price paid, and if you were not through the door quickly, you found that you had a band on your arm and not much to eat for it.

Why does it have to be held in one of the most expensive pubs in Lost Wages ??

In fact, would it not be better to be held on the coast, say San Francisco or even LA ??

I'm sure that a lot would feel more comfortable in less effluent ( :wink: ) surroundings, which would cost much less to run and account for, which in turn would possibly bring in both more attendees and distributors/manufacturers/suppliers.

Also, Lost Wages always gives me nose bleeds :(

That's my bitch about it for today, I hope that the lurkers that promote this event take some of these suggestions on board and run with them, one way or another.

Because of my complete dissatisfaction with this years event, I shall have to think hard and long about returning again for Connections.

The one thing that did make it all worthwhile was the cameraderie amongst a lot of the "haves" & the "have nots".

The after hours get togethers of mainly cc'ers and a few suppliers was a picture of networking at it's best.

You guys have a wonderful thing going for you in Connections, but to me, it appears to be sliding downhill quicker than a whores knickers on pay night.

Ooroo

:roll:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom