How dirty are you willing to go?

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
View attachment 5069

This picture does not do justice to just how bad this was. Urine/Diarrhea/Throwup all from pets. This is a picture an animal foster home that we cleaned approx 6 months ago. Got a call from them a few days ago, we went out, and it was 10x worse. Like literal dog crap on the carpet. Wish I would have taken a picture. We told her we were unable to clean it. Knowing if we did she would be paying way over any normal pricing, this would take hours, smell of machines and ourselves stinking for the rest of the day, etc. She was friendly about it telling us she was gonna put in tile soon anyways, but...

At what point do you tell the customer its to dirty, you gotta get rid of that carpet? I'm sure there is enough people out there that would clean it best to be, charge a crap ton and be out.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
8ujyny8y.jpg

Some where in this Range.
Gotta earn your ranks though : )

Name
Lee Stockwell
After you're done cleaning, you could pull that carpet up and readily see the stains and stench on the backing and padding....still.

Reactions: Hoody

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
After you're done cleaning, you could pull that carpet up and readily see the stains and stench on the backing and padding....still.

Better order a 55gal drum of some Multi Phase, and let it dwell for a Week atleast : )

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
I would suggest to her that she get a home machine (Rug Doctor, Bissell, etc.) to use for daily messes so the carpet doesn't get so bad so fast. You might even want to keep an eye out for a good used professional portable for her and give her a short course in carpet cleaning and dealing with pet messes. It would be awfully kind of you and get you off the hook for more nasty cleans.

As a foster myself with 16 geriatric, special needs and hospice dogs, I deal with lots of poop and pee and puke, and I have a Bissell for the daily clean ups and a pro porty we use evey 2-4 weeks. We are in process of converting our carpet over to vinyl plank flooring which is working out really well where we have installed it. Every day I'm thankful for my experience cleaning carpet....and for good quality olefin berber that wore like iron for more than 20 years and always cleaned up well.

Take care,
Lisa

Reactions: GeeeAus

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
You've mentioned would've taken hours to clean that, how long did it take you to clean w/ the CRB and host compound?

Abigail

Name
Stacy
As to the topic question, this was not me, but a guy I met, who was no longer in the business. He told me that when he was working for Stanley Steamer he visited a house in the country and found the front door open. The person inside yelled for him to come in and he was greeted by dogs, chickens and goats INSIDE the house.
He did clean, after he and his partner finished scooping out the poo with snow shovels!
Ive no idea what they were thinking accepting a job even remotely like that.

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
I would suggest to her that she get a home machine (Rug Doctor, Bissell, etc.) to use for daily messes so the carpet doesn't get so bad so fast. You might even want to keep an eye out for a good used professional portable for her and give her a short course in carpet cleaning and dealing with pet messes. It would be awfully kind of you and get you off the hook for more nasty cleans.

As a foster myself with 16 geriatric, special needs and hospice dogs, I deal with lots of poop and pee and puke, and I have a Bissell for the daily clean ups and a pro porty we use evey 2-4 weeks. We are in process of converting our carpet over to vinyl plank flooring which is working out really well where we have installed it. Every day I'm thankful for my experience cleaning carpet....and for good quality olefin berber that wore like iron for more than 20 years and always cleaned up well.

Take care,
Lisa

Right on the money Lisa. I would also sell her some urine chems. Make a margin.

Grant

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
http://www.fox5vegas.com/story/26114132/police-urine-feces-throughout-nlv-home-with-112-cats

"NORTH LAS VEGAS, NV (FOX5) -
As many as 112 cats were taken from a North Las Vegas home on Thursday in a case of pet hoarding.

Building inspectors were called to the home at about 11:30 a.m. Thursday due to concerns over public safety. Inside, inspectors found the home below livable standards with urine and feces throughout the residence."

Imagine having to clean this place? Bull-doze it down.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
http://www.fox5vegas.com/story/26114132/police-urine-feces-throughout-nlv-home-with-112-cats

"NORTH LAS VEGAS, NV (FOX5) -
As many as 112 cats were taken from a North Las Vegas home on Thursday in a case of pet hoarding.

Building inspectors were called to the home at about 11:30 a.m. Thursday due to concerns over public safety. Inside, inspectors found the home below livable standards with urine and feces throughout the residence."

Imagine having to clean this place? Bull-doze it down.

John G could clean that with 2 pads.

Reactions: GCCLee

Brian H

Name
Brian H
When my aunt passed, she had 29 cats that had free access to the home via a pet door. A nice sprawling ranch style home with a walkout lower level on a couple of acres in an exclusive area outside Baltimore. You could smell the cat urine walking up the driveway. That and the fleas... they didn't have many visitors...

When my uncle passed away a couple of years after that, he was down to 15 cats, having found homes for the others. They had no children so my dad had to handle the estate. He hired a local restoration company to do the work. The cats lived in the lower lever and they destroyed it... over $20,000 damage!! Carpet, drywall, moldings, wood work, ceilings, etc.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
I found a ded guy once in a set of Apts.

5 days worth a newspaper at his door, and the neighbor chick across the hall, swore she seen him in her hall one night in his Undies. Thats why she did the welfare check.

Just Yuk!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom