how do I get into restoration?

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
Hello, I have been cleaning carpet for about 5 years which I am satisfied with. I recently left my job to run my business full time. anyway as a courtesy to my property managers and customers I will do a water job if I can handle it. I have also done a couple commercial water jobs I landed somehow. anyway I see there is much more money to be made doing waterjobs than cleaning carpet . how do I get in to water jobs? I know this is a broad question so gimme your best short version if possible lol

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Junior you'll want to take a entry level class at the very least.

Check with your distributor as far as to basic equipment package. If funds are an issue, ebay always has plenty of used equipment.

Network with someone local, as a owner operator you will be limited in the size of job you can handle. By networking with a larger company you will be able to process bigger jobs.

This way you still make money and you can have someone to assist you as you learn.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I send all mine to some one else and they give me 10%, which I like for doing nothing. I would recommend the classes definitely and also aligning with someone else and ride along to see it in action. If done wrong the liability is very high. You can get work by getting to know the local plumbers, a/c and adjusters just to name a few.

Gene

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Good question.

I was fortunate enough to have a local water damage expert train me for a couple of years. He didn't want to do the work anymore so we worked out a deal where I did the physical labor and used his equipment and we split the money. He was always the one that got the call because he had been doing it a pretty long time and had a few sources for business. He recently decided to get back completely into it and start doing the work himself again so it's time for me to get out on my own, regarding water damage.

I started with the wrt class by Barry Costa mostly just to get the certification but I definitely learned a lot. Now I've got to figure out how to get the business and I really havn't got a clue as to how to do that. I know they say to talk to plumbers, ac guys, adjusters, etc but I don't know what I'm supposed to tell these people to convince them to use me.

Joey Johnston said:
Good question.

I was fortunate enough to have a local water damage expert train me for a couple of years. He didn't want to do the work anymore so we worked out a deal where I did the physical labor and used his equipment and we split the money. He was always the one that got the call because he had been doing it a pretty long time and had a few sources for business. He recently decided to get back completely into it and start doing the work himself again so it's time for me to get out on my own, regarding water damage.

I started with the wrt class by Barry Costa mostly just to get the certification but I definitely learned a lot. Now I've got to figure out how to get the business and I really havn't got a clue as to how to do that. I know they say to talk to plumbers, ac guys, adjusters, etc but I don't know what I'm supposed to tell these people to convince them to use me.

I give a 10% referal to anyone that gives me a flood job...Works well...the best source of WRT work for me has been networking with other cleaners that dont do WRT. I keep sending the checks and they keep sending the jobs it works well....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom