How do ya get it on one cord?

Lonny

Supportive Member
How is a person supposed to get two 3-stage vacs on a single cord? 15 amps I just don't see it, 20 amps maybe...
I ask, cause I am looking to build a vac booster for my porty, but would really like it to have one cord, and 2-3 stage vacs.
Yes, right now I have far more time than money, and am trying to gear up for another run at this crazed business this year.

Basically you don't....a good, high performance, 3 stage vac will draw 13.5 to 14.5 amps...though there are some that draw 12.5 amps...but you will need 2 cords for two....regardless.

Bjorn

c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZnbaxXOJAQc]

this has two two stage and is one sale for 275 bucks in the garage sale room

T

Bob Foster

caterpillar-c175.jpg

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Lonny,

What vac(s) does your porty run? Series or parallel (if more than one)? Do you know the cfm and lift specs?

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Bob Foster said:

Nice choice. One of my clients (other job) runs a pair of Waukesha gensets similar to your Cat. I had to be in the room while they ran to test synchronization. Rattled my teeth for sure.

Lonny

Supportive Member
Bob- Very nice, lol.
Dan, I am not sure anymore. I upgraded the plumbing, so each motor is on it's own circuit- for air that is, and put on a 2" inlet. When new it was series. It claimed 210" of lift, dunno cfm, before the mods.

Name
Nate W.
I have a older Mytee speedster unit with 2-3stage vacs, dual stacks in tank and 100psi pump. I spoke with greenie about it and he couldn't believe it. He told me the vac motors aren't high performance ones. The machine has 1 cord and it doesn't blow any curcuits. It does suck alot that it has blow-by. Paul from Mytee gave me a debris bag to see if that helped. I haven't got around to checking it. It's a back up unit so I rarely gets used.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom