How do you clean Micro fiber?

Becker

Name
Becker
I hate the stuff, owned a love seat made from it. Never liked how the fabric clinged to clothes.
Sold it on Craigslist. I now have all "bomber jacket" type leather furniture. Love it!

So many of my clients have been sold on it.

Dealers tell them it is great with having kids.
Scrub it with a damp cloth and spot and stains come right out.

I have to say, most of the time cleaning it is not an issue.

But sometimes I come across a badly water stained looking one. Spills, stains ect.

I'm sure you know what I mean if you clean enough upholstery.

What do you use as a preconditioned?

Yea...I knnow what you mean Becker. I use Pre-Kleen. If it's really heavily soiled with all types of spills on there from kids....I just tell them to not exspect it all to come out.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
A spritz of 90 % alcohol on water stains and dry extract .

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Cleaned a tan, heavily-soiled microfiber sectional yesterday with Judson Juice (6 oz/ gal) and driMaster. Looked like new except for a couple "picks".

Brush out tool marks before completely dry.

F

FB7777

I use Bane Clene Preface sprayed on using a MultiSprayer

Handbonnet agitate and rinse using an internal jet upholstery tool and towel dry

I find it very easy to clean

Becker

Name
Becker
Most clean up good, I agree with you fred. But some of my clients are pigs.. I'm talking about trashed..

Wish i has pics..

I will say, Ive never not been paid for doing one. Most client cheer! WOW it is so clean.

And I'm thinking in my head. POS sofa!

I notice they also fade easy if placed in front of windows with a lot of sunlight.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Handbonnet agitate

You like these better then a horsehair Fred?. Got a link?

I did a brown one a few weeks ago that the chase was faded in the seat portion. Once sprayed these dark stains appeared but I noticed them lightening after I cleaned the carpets. God knows what they use on it.

A reducer may work for some stains. Some are just so stained though that it would not be worth it to the client to pay us for the extra time. Just like carpets, we all clean the nasty ones and get great results but once in a while it just doesn't clean for nothing.

Albert

Weebco

Name
Gary Wiebe
no problem for me, one time a lady asked me to clean her microfiber sofa, she said it had only one bad spot, when she walked out of the room I just brushed the spot away with a horsehair brush.

Becker

Name
Becker
One bad spot?

LOL, I need picks.

I'm talking about the arms and seating area black with water marks.

Ya knows, when the kids use it as their picnic table in front of the TV for 3 years.

Then the client sez, oh it should all come out I bought the stain gaurd.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Then the client sez, oh it should all come out I bought the stain gaurd.

Ever notice it's these customers that say, no big deal and their shit is trashed?. On the other side a lot of the ones that are not bad and say Oh, it's so dirty.

Albert

Becker

Name
Becker
Yes, Most often if a client calls and sez my carpets are so bad!
I get there, and think Ron, could satisfy them with vacuuming alone.

and the ones that call and say, my carpets are not that bad as they try to nail you down on a price.
Ya get there and ya think.. Hmmm lighter fluid and a match? $20

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
fine fabric shampoo........little citric .....and a dash of boost all........

hand held pump up sprayer.......( don't be afraid to get the stuff wet )..
spray it down and take a horse hair brush and scrub the hell out of it....

Take your UPH tool of choice and flush it out..do a few good extra dry passes...
set up a air mover and use a towel or a brush and groom it all one direction...........

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Jim I see you've been drinking the koolaid over at Bridgepoint.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
nope I am not a huge interlink person..but I do like these products for uph.......

steve g

Name
steve garrett
looks like noone does what I do, but after reading an article by Jim p on cleaning the stuff it kinda verified what I was doing as something that is effective, the stuff has tiny fibers that can trap and hold soil, so what I do is just douche the pieces with my HF sprayer running ultrapak traffic clean a little agitation and then rinse extract with the uph tool. I know this is kinda a violent cleaning method to some but the stuff is polyester and it can handle it. the only problem I have had is pooling stains from drinks and I used some prosolve jell on one piece and it separated the material from the mesh backing that was under the fabric, so be careful with solvent use.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I though Jim Pemberton might post. He wrote a great article on cleaning microfiber in Cleanfax a few months back.

A few key points

Some microfiber is flocked rather than woven. The adhesive may be very sensitive to solvents. You could end up with 2 dimension fabric. If in doubt, test your cleaning process and products first.

It takes a lot more micorfibers to make fabric than if larger fibers were sued. that means a lot more surface area. More place for soil, grease and even our water and cleaning solutions to hide. So be slow and thorough with the vacuuming and the extraction passes. Remove as much soil as practical and as much of the water as practical.

Microfiber is synthetic. Whatever you like for synthetic fabrics should work well. Just include additional vacuum and some agitation. The agitation can be by brush, by pad or whatever.

The extra vacuum and agitation mean extra time. Be sure to charge more for microfiber to cover this additional time.

Scott Warrington

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
No need to post when the members are giving great advice. Thanks for the summary Scott.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
"trashed" MF?

LOL Ya'll are gonna love this..
I HOSE 'em down with POWERBURST and flush/rinse the sheet out of it

..L.T.A.

TimP

I haven't had a problem with microfiber. I use judson o2 scrub with a horse hair brush and extract. Just adjust your drimaster so it don't spit out of the sides it's pretty much a no brainer. After you're done take a towel and groom it to make it look good. It's not rocket science, hard to believe people have problems with the stuff....it may take a bit more time but you don't have to worry about color problems for the most part. I think red in microfiber is the worst for bleeding but I think it's from over dyeing.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I love microfiber jobs except most have too many pillows. Somthing stuck / hardpristle brush, heat and van and just clean

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom