How do you elliminate Bed Bugs?

SamIam

Name
sam miller
It cost north of 5k with a exterminator.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Burn the mattress and box spring, or wrap it in a tarp and put 20 bug foggers
to fog those little basturds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
That is when I walk out!

No way in hell do I want to drag that home to my Wife or Daughter.

This is where you refer some lucky guy!

Sent from da parking garage of dee detention center

harryhides

Name
Tony
Gene is correct.
Over a year ago at the ABRA ( American Bio Recovery Association ) conference in exotic Cleveland and heard an excellent presentation by a large Chicago Company that deals with bed bugs and trains other companies about it.
They have a team of trained dogs that can easily detect and find live bed bugs - the demo was quite impressive.
http://www.alliedcleaning.net/

They are also members of the Safer Pest Control Project where you can get a lot of reliable information - go to this page
http://www.spcpweb.org/resources/

and scroll down to "Residential" there you will find this Doc - "How to Hire a Pest Control Operator for Bed Bugs".

Reactions: GCCLee and Shorty

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
B'wana, please update your website.....................

I've been getting this message for some time now.

(Leatherwright attendee - 2004) :winky:

<center>
logo.gif

There seems to be a problem with the MySQL server, sorry for the inconvenience.

We should be back shortly.

The 2nd website is also no longer and has been replaced with another.

http://www.spcpweb.org/resources/

Safer Pest Control Project is now Midwest Pesticide Action Center (MPAC). We have the same mission but a new website. Please visit us at

www.midwestpesticideaction.org.

:yoda:
</center>

Last edited by a moderator:

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
E-tes. BRing the room to above 140 degrees for at least 4 hrs.
bugs dehydrate and die
Easiest , fastest, and chemical free

gene

Would you only need one E-tes per room to eliminate bed bugs Gene ??

What equipment may be damaged by the heat and need to be removed from the room??

Talking about a normal motel/hotel room or residential bedroom.

Ta,

Shorty. :yoda:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Refrigerator should be relocated or shut off, electronics like TV's, PC's, cameras, musical instruments don't do well with heat.

We don't do that type of work but I've seen the pest control guys use multiple units in an apt.

Reactions: Shorty

Connor

Name
Connor
Tempo dust. We had em. Put the little kids on the floor to sleep with tempo dust all around then. They crawl out to get the "bait". We also dusted all the cracks and crevices.

I'm a jerk.

Reactions: bob vawter

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
A note on heating stuff up!

I popped a perfume bottle painting a car one time. Cranked the heated paint booth up and when we went to get in it, not pretty!!

Think about FlashPoints when heating anything guys!!

I got lucky with a broken bottle in a different industry so...

Sent from da parking garage of dee detention center

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
You guys do know that use of on-location heat units could set you up for a lawsuit? Even if you're not killing bugs ThermaPure may tell you that you're infringing on their patent and have to pay them to use the equipment you already own. Many in the industry feel that ThermaPure got a patent for something that was already in common use, making their demands for payment "patent trolling." Patent trolling is when a company uses a questionable patent to sue companies into paying royalties to avoid incurring the cost of a lawsuit.

Water Out has gone bankrupt, and TP is taking individual cleaning and restoration firms to court if they don't pay. Some of the big boys in the industry have gone to court with ThermaPure to avoid paying royalties (and one little guy racked up over 300k in legal expenses rather than pay TP) but none has gone far enough to invalidate the TP patent.

You have choices: Keep your head down and your "heat" services quiet; Pay TP; Spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on legal fees; Go out of business.

Or, contribute to a legal fund to invalidate the patent. http://restorationindustry.org is managing the Restoration Industry Legal Fund and this is their current cause.

If you do business in California, Ed Cross has an angle that might keep TP from collecting fees there. He's asking for contributions to the Restoration Industry Defense Alliance. http://www.restorationdefense.org

Reactions: Shorty and GCCLee

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Jeez Bryan, you yanks sure take all the fun out of making money.

Each time one turns around, there's a lawyer standing there with papers in hand for you to go to court or pay money. :hopeless:

I bet you still have "ambulance chasers" over there in the "legal profession", another I believe, that practice their art similar to the "oldest profession".

They're only out to screw as many as possible. :winky:

:yoda:

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
With this many threads thought someone by now would have mentioned ozone. Kill-em dead, no bs, no residue, no nothing left over. That being said, is this for real?, I mean did someone here really take this footage?

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Would you only need one E-tes per room to eliminate bed bugs Gene ??

What equipment may be damaged by the heat and need to be removed from the room??

Talking about a normal motel/hotel room or residential bedroom.

Ta,

Shorty. :yoda:

hot dry air can do some damage. We don't do it but clean up after. Most recently I saw the ceramic tile in about a 10' run pop straight up. They didn't crack just let go. I know they weren't hollow either because I've cleaned her floor multiple times. As to how many they heat all the rooms up at once and run them for 8 hrs. There is a release form for possible damage. I have yet to see any immediate damage to kitchen cabinets which is what I thought would go. Its expensive here he asked for 10k for an 8000 sqft house. One days work. I believe someone stays and monitors the temp the whole day. With remote monitoring I guess you could leave.

Gene. Ps. I don't believe ozone will kill them

Talk to your insurance agent. I very much doubt you'd be covered. My advice is to not get involved with this that can bite you, literally and figuratively.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom