How do you explain this color change on the right?

Mikey P

Administrator
PXL_20230717_170513982.jpgPXL_20230717_170539651.jpg

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
don't know chit about rugs
but how's this for a WAG

they ran low on yarn near the end and cheated .
It was like that when the barefoot peasant girl was told to finish it if she wanted her cup of rice for the day

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Clean Rug Doug

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
It's as faded as faded, possibly laid over a stair or edge and got direct uv?
I've seen the opposite of that, where they've hung a rug on a wall. The top has been rolled over a rail and the majority is faded except the top

Mikey P

Administrator
I see what you mean now. Probably ran out of wool, could be intentional or could have been for a longer rug but was cut short.
That was my first thought that it was cut short but there's no seams or any sign of that being done it just seemed like they ran out of a specific color and I myself have a rug that does the same thing and I've seen it quite often I just don't know how to explain it like a rug fag would, hence the post

Mikey P

Administrator
It's as faded as faded, possibly laid over a stair or edge and got direct uv?
I've seen the opposite of that, where they've hung a rug on a wall. The top has been rolled over a rail and the majority is faded except the top
No it's definitely not faded cuz it's a different color on the back too..

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Authentic antique area rugs have these variations called Abrash because they were made by Nomatic tribes that traveled the trade routes.
Sometimes the weaver would run out of the dyed yarn in stock and would have to make a new batch, and the new batch of dye would be slightly different.

These variations would give the rugs "Charactor"-- well, that's what the salesman would say when he is selling the rug. However, when the salesman was buying the rug from a Non-Rugfag this Abrash would be considered damge and he would negotiate for a lower price. 😆🤣

Manufacturers would program these variations in the machine made rugs to make them look like hand made rugs.

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
Abrash or if you want to say the weavers soul is trapped in it, the world is your pearl.. :lol:
Authentic antique area rugs have these variations called Abrash because they were made by Nomatic tribes that traveled the trade routes.
Sometimes the weaver would run out of the dyed yarn in stock and would have to make a new batch, and the new batch of dye would be slightly different.

These variations would give the rugs "Charactor"-- well, that's what the salesman would say when he is selling the rug. However, when the salesman was buying the rug from a Non-Rugfag this Abrash would be considered damge and he would negotiate for a lower price. 😆🤣

Manufacturers would program these variations in the machine made rugs to make them look like hand made rugs.

thanks, I've learned a new word and term

Can't say I've seen it before, but I only clean maybe 12
or so orientals a year

rhyde

Name
rhyde
A little late I know. It's not Abrash; abrash is a variation of color in dyed material. There are two possibilities

• Not the same color from the start
  • Not as stable and has a loss of color in the finish wash or over time the color faded/ washed out.
Many producers will hand color area back in but the bond is weak and wash out in cleaning. In India they sometimes tint colors with colored chalk a timebomb when washed

Sergio

Name
Sergio
A little late I know. It's not Abrash; abrash is a variation of color in dyed material. There are two possibilities

• Not the same color from the start
  • Not as stable and has a loss of color in the finish wash or over time the color faded/ washed out.
Many producers will hand color area back in but the bond is weak and wash out in cleaning. In India they sometimes tint colors with colored chalk a timebomb when washed
This is Abrash

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Why it is the part that sees no wear or dirt because it's under the couch.
Such stupits you guys are.

• Haha
Reactions: hogjowl

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
At some point in the life of the rug, someone probably spilled a liquid on the rug and statically changed the nap.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Statically?
Explain.
Ok, I'll explain it in terms you can understand.

Let's say you are sitting at home in your recliner, farting into the fabric as you sit. As the fart particles expel from your ass they are positively charged ions. Some of those fart ions transfer to the fabric and positively charge them as well, like when you rub a magnet against something metal and the metal then becomes magnetized. Because a portion of the fart filled fabric is now positively charged the nap may be pulled in a reversed direct if a negative charge is around. For example the rest of the un-fart contaminated seat cushion may be oppositely charged.

• Love
Reactions: hogjowl

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom