How do you get a good mailing list?

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
I have done very little advertising and would like to direct mail to some very nice areas. Where do you get the the mailing lists?

Thank you

WISE

InfoUSA or Sales Genie

Both are good...you can set all kind of parameters on the list you want.
Worth every penny.

Some people do all these reverse lookups and crap on Superpages or whitepages.com...Who has time for that? Spend a few bucks and have time to do the marketing.

WISE

Jeff Madsen

Supportive Member
Name
Jeff Madsen
I like dealing with a local list guy. When you get your list be sure to specify multiple use. It will cost you ten to fifteen percent more but it's worth the extra dollars. A good list and a good sales letter should consistently bring you a four to one return or better. If you're below that level your list sucks or your message sucks. A graphically pleasing message can still suck beans. Is there an offer? Is there a deadline? Is there social proof? Do you have a compelling headline?

CL

Hey Adam,
Get a hold of your favorite real estate agent and tell ask them to get a list from the title company. You can choose by area or income or both. Furthermore, they will even print out labels with their name and address on them for you. This is a free service to agents. Just offer them a dinner or a hot referal.
Good luck!

K

KATRACHO

Hello everyone!
hey that's a good idea my sister in law owns a title and a mortgage company I'll do that.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
we generate our own mailings list it’s a little cheaper and we can target where we want

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I did the reverse address search for all of the good housing developments, took ten hours of my time to get the 650 names and

addresses that I wanted, put them into a mailing list template, print it out, and apply all the labels. Hardly worth my time the first time, but I hope

it will pay off when I do more mailings. I think if we need a new list I'll try buying one though. It was almost a dollar a mailer: $170 postage, $150.00

for printing, and $300 for my ten hours... It would almost be good to get a service to do the whole thing start to finish.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom