How do you guys prop/secure front doors??

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
What's the tool and/or trick??

For keeping open and/or secure any front door that has not just main door but lightweight screen/strom door on hinges when you are running the truckmount through the front door?

Cuz I can think of 30-40% of the time ok maybe not that much but quite a bit. It's raining. It's WINDY WINDY WINDY and you know I'm in Iowa and clean plenty of farm houses that are windy as the dickens. Ha.

How do you secure door in 1 position so it does not swing front or back (open close). Or do you just bungee cord shut and undo every time you go outside to grab something. But still it would be un bungee corded for when you run to the van and may blow back and forth. And bungee cords are not wind resistant unless extremely tight and still probably aren't.

Show me the money and provide me the answer ladies and gentlemen!!! Enlighten me and hopefully this isn't a stupid question!

I'm so close to getting a truck mount but I also think out ALL the little things...like 1000 times before I do something.

Thanks

Jordan

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
I have good luck propping doors with my vacuum cleaner.

Of course you'll need a heavy duty vacuum with some weight to it like the Royal 18" commercial upright.

It holds most doors.

M_3112_royal1058.jpg

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
The avg wind speed here is 4 mph so I can't help you. although I used to live in Wyoming so I do feel your pain.
Al

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
You prop open the door with pretty gallon jug of Scotchgard. This way you can motion to it when you are letting them know about carpet protectant.

Thank you SFS

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
Yes heavyweight vacs (good choice with the Royal) and things like bag of spotters or whatever can hold it open but wind can stilll force it back and snap/crack off the hinges when its 20-40 mph winds which it is today here and tomorrow and quite often..

D Rice

Name
Doug Rice
The Scotchgaurd jug works OK with the main door but a lot of storm doors are elevated off the porch. i sometimes use my spotter bag.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
jstucky said:
lightweight screen/strom door on hinges when you are running the truckmount through the front door?

Jordan

uuummmm..... I don't think there is a solution for that :lol: :lol:

Try not to run a truckmount thru the screen and door!

I usually prop it open with a spotting brush wedged under it, or if its not too windy just wedge one of my orange cones under it or just stand it against the door.

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R ... ogId=10053

Mike Draper

I want to go in being productive and professional, not looking like a redneck. Btw, a chunk of wood won't be near as effective as those green wedgeit door stops.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
It's not that hard to block entry doors that swing in, he's talking about entry doors that swing out. I use small nylon covered bungie cords. It's still a pain when going in and out, especially if the owner goes in or out and I don't know it(they typically don't redo it.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Mike Draper said:
I want to go in being productive and professional, not looking like a redneck. Btw, a chunk of wood won't be near as effective as those green wedgeit door stops.

nut then i dont care if i leave them....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom