How do you minimize your tax burden??

hanks75

Carpet cleaning is highly profitable. How do you keep your tax burden to a minimum??

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Maximize your use of tax deferring vehicles such as IRA's, 401k's etc., set up a separate entity to buy your vehicles, building(s) etc, and charge your operating company rent. Take advantage of Section 179 deductions (this just accelerates depreciation and ultimately you still pay the tax in future years). Lots of other creative ways to legally avoid paying now, but ultimately the gov will get their money. Also be happy you are making money to pay from :-)

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
hanks75 said:
Carpet cleaning is highly profitable. How do you keep your tax burden to a minimum??

According to Obama's dictatorship- start making less than $250k a year! @#!#@!$

gregcole said:
hanks75 said:

What are you ...a friggen child?
We paid way more under Ronald Reagan... :roll:

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
The goal of a suceesful owner / operator should be to break even on a larger scale each year.

Scott Warrington

Mike Draper

DevilThomas said:
gregcole said:
hanks75 said:

Our current taxes right now have nothing to do with Reagan or the current administration. I see you guys up there in Washington are trying to tax the shit out of every business you can though!

I just think being a tax cheat like the many of Obama's administration is the key ( Sec of treasury, Sec of Commerce nominee, Chief performance officer nominee, sec of labor nominee, sec of health and human services nominee,. When I get caught just say" oh, I didn't know I had to file taxes every year". :roll:

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
DevilThomas said:
gregcole said:
hanks75 said:

Sorry - I was still in school under Reagan

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Invest in expanding your business. Last year you could completly deduct up to 250k in equipment rather than depreciating it. I am curious to see what other "stimulus packages" are thrown out there this year

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
The goal of a suceesful owner / operator should be to break even on a larger scale each year.

i like that

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
According to an accountant I was talking with recently, if you are an s-corp you can take 50% of your pay as salary which you have to pay all taxes on, then take the other half as a dividend and you don't pay self employment tax on that.

Or you could do what I do and keep adopting children. $10,000 tax credit for each adoption plus you now have another dependant. And the joy you recieve? Priceless.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
8) After all the 179 deduction I might get the earned income credit this year .

RIP IT

Name
Chris
I pay my accountant about $1300 per year and have set up a Family Trust and p/l so my assets are protected from litigation and my tax is always minimized.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom