How do you O/O get sick?

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I don't really have anybody to cover for me when I get sick. I worked today, slept, woke up at 11PM, and went to clean one of my regular accounts. Between coughing up bloody phlegm and puking in the trashcans I wondered, "Is there a better way to handle this situation?" I just finished up, and in 3 hours I must be on my way to another job. I am wondering if I should sleep at all... It's kinda right on the cusp right now... maybe 2 1/2 hours of sleep would do me good, maybe not.

Well, I'm gonna blast outta here. Lemmenowhachathinkin....

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
Of course there is, find a way to make money and not work.

Personally, I live off of Aleve Cold and Sinus. I won't work if I am really feverish, but I will work through what most people stay home for.

Jeff Madsen

Supportive Member
Name
Jeff Madsen
We always call ahead to our client and explain that I am sick, but I am working today. Would they like to clean or reschedule? We have never had a reschedule.

Unless I'm literally throwing up in my shoes I go to work.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
unless I am barfing in there bushes............(happened about 3 week ago)..I normally work threw the sickness......But as stated above...I am the same ..it is rare that I get sick....

Jay D

Name
Jay D
I hurt my back just recently and was home for 2 weeks. I just schedule ahead a little. I also have a gentleman who will sub work for me if I am too busy or in this case hurt. He helps me and I help him. I work unless I am too hurt or sick as a dog barfing, its just the life of an owner/ operator. WAIT,........I HEAR FOOTSTEPS, ISLAND BOY IS COMING!!! :lol:

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I never used to get sick, but this year has been hell. I've traveled 3 times, gotten really sick each time, and keep getting these bad colds and flus that knock me down in the dirt. Coughing to the point I'm bleeding and my ribs are bruised and my 'coughing muscles' are exhausted. It's just been a really bad year. I had a fever of 104 degrees on more than 1 occasion this year.

Time to really hit the gym and start eating vegetables I guess. I usually only get really sick about once every 2 1/2 years...

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Jay DeLaughter said:
WAIT,........I HEAR FOOTSTEPS, ISLAND BOY IS COMING!!! :lol:

We need a little more Island Boy around here. He doesn't hang out as much as he used to.

DevilDog

Get out of this business and away from all the chemicals, germs, and viruses you run across in homes and you'll be better off.

There is a better way....when I get sick in a couple of months....I'll just do what I will do every day...go to the beach, lay in the sun, sip some Red Horse, watch hot girls go by about every five seconds, and chuckle to myself.

Awww, the Philippines is awaiting.

DevilDog

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Just keep working and monitor your systems. You can be sick in bed or at work making money and maintaining your schedule. In a few days you'll feel better.
Ok.
Just a little pinprick. [ping]
Therell be no more --aaaaaahhhhh!
But you may feel a little sick.

Can you stand up?
I do believe its working...... good.
Thatll keep you going for the show.
Come on its time to go.

There is no pain, you are receding.
A distant ships smoke on the horizon.
You are only coming through in waves.
Your lips move but I cant hear what youre sayin.
When I was a child I caught a fleeting glimpse,
Out of the corner of my eye.
I turned to look but it was gone.
I cannot put my finger on it now.
The child is grown, the dream is gone.
I have become comfortably numb.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Very cool Art.....i've witnessed PF actually LIFT AND HOLD the old Olympia Stadium...OFF the ground for FOUR HOURS......I swear!!!!

Dark Side of the Moon......

now we all know it was all about Syds fall into the abyss........

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
My 2-brothers, father and sister and receptionist work here in the office.

The supervisors are in the next room over, they bitch the most......as the walk through my office farting! :(

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Just to clarify, I am not an O/O. I just know I can't ask either owner to who are both up to their armpits in restoration work to fill in for me, and don't know of anybody else I would trust to do it for me... So I am kinda in the same situation as owner operator when it comes to getting sick.

But please, let's hear more about Chavez farting...

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I don't fart at work, that's gross and a complete waste.

I save it for my children and on special occasions for my lovely wife! :D

Now those sick bastards that work for me must save it all day for their walk through the office.

Sick dogs, I've looked outside the door to check and see if there is a sign on it that says "fart here".

Worse part is they leave and I'm left there, so when someone walks in they look at me like I did it.

Ever try to deny a fart when the rooms smells and you're the only one in there?

No one will ever believe you! :x

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
you need some daily vitamins, don't eat junk food, and don't drink pop. try just drinking lots of water and eat right, it will make a big difference on how often you get sick. believe me I've been there. also helps the waist line.

as far as getting sick all the time, just take more precautions when it comes to cleaning. clean your hepa filter on your sweeper, and in your house. wear glove when cleaning and always wash your hands before eating!!!

ellejames

sick

Do what my husband does... takes me on jobs and doesn't really teach me much - I have to observe and piece it all together - then gets stuck in the hospital for two days. Sends me out to do jobs but half have to get rescheduled because I'm slow at pushing a wand. Luckily for me most clients are female and a little whining and apology goes a long way from another female!

elle

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Oil of Oregano
Works wonders. a few drops under the tongue and wait for the kick! Buckleys claim is that it tastes aweful, but it works.
Oil of oregano makes Buckleys taste good!! But it works!

If I'm that bad, I've found its better to do some creative rescheduling, stay home, get well, then go at it and sweat it out with a good days work. I was that way a this past winter, the Oil of Oregano helped immensely, and I was only down for 3 days. Nasty bug. Why risk getting my clients sick to?

safeclean

Try this when your sick works for me even out on the road.

Vick's Vapor Rub ! You have to read to believe.

How foot soles can absorb oils. example: Put garlic on your feet and within 20 minutes you can 'taste' it. (keep reading)

Some of us have used Vicks Vapor Rub for years for everything from chapped lips to sore toes and many body parts in between. But I've never heard of this. And don't laugh, it works 100% of the time, although the scientists who discovered it aren't sure why. To stop night time coughing in a child (or adult as we found out personally), put Vicks Vapor Rub generously on the bottom of the feet at bedtime, then cover with socks.
Even persistent, heavy, deep coughing will stop in about 5 minutes and stay stopped for many, many hours of relief. Works 100% of the time and is more effective in children than even very strong prescription cough medicines.
In addition it is extremely soothing and comforting and they will sleep soundly.

If you have grandchildren, pass this on. If you end up sick, try it yourself and you will be absolutely amazed at how it works.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Richard C. said:
Worse part is they leave and I'm left there, so when someone walks in they look at me like I did it.

Ever try to deny a fart when the rooms smells and you're the only one in there?

No one will ever believe you! :x
Two Sears cleaners , of ethnic origin, became the top sellers of deodourizer and were recognized for it at a Sears CC function. When asked how they sold so much deod, they said that they ate a lot of garlic, so they would offgas in the house. When the owner would ask WHAT'S THAT SMELL!!? they would say "Its coming from the carpet, Would you like us to apply deodourizer?"

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
They're my only friends it seems, nothing but assholes here!

sniff!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom