How do you Powermatic 2100 owners do it?

Mikey P

Administrator
How you can deal with the gasoline AND Kero stench day in and day out is beyond me.

Its like to have to park it a block away to not get the reek in the customer's home.

I used mine for two days straight and I'm feeling about as healthy as Vawter.
Headaches, hard to breath, grumpy, you name it.

Damn thing is as loud if not louder than my V when I'm close to it. The sound just does not travel as far.

pita to work on too.

Das boot!

Bob Foster

Re: How do you Pwermatic 2100 owners do it?

Switch out the kero for an #4 Little Giant and stick an additional turbo muffler on the blower. Just hang it off the blower tail pipe coming out of the front of the unit.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo

I remember the same thing from the steamway 4100 and the el diablo in one of the Vegas shows. Point it more towards the custies home a little more. Maybe it will hipnotize them and you can charge even more :lol:

Albert

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni

hang an elbow and run the exhaust thru the floor.
Just a straight pipe thru the floor will make a substantial difference

don't spill/dribble the kero when filling and it won't stink

stick your big nose on the engine exhaust side of your V for awhile.
and when your V dumps thUrm oil all over Mrs Phiff's driveway, use the pUrPle pOweR and high heat from your 2100 to clean it up...

.L.T.A.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton

All I used when I "worked for a living" were oil fired Prochem units.

To paraphrase Robert Duvall

"Kerosene......it smells like money........."

To be fair, though, the butyl and the 111 trichlor sort of killed my ability to smell the kerosene.

R

R W

It was an odor that stuck with you from first start up in the morning. I remember my days with the 2001 model. But the sound of that burner firing up out in the truck was just.....the sound of power!

DavidVB

We never had much fuel smell unless we spilled kerosene or the Wayne burner was needing to be cleaned and serviced. It was a bit loud, but I always liked the deep roar of the heater kicking in.

They are really not hard to service except for the crawling around in the van. I had mine on a conveyor system they had where I could pull the machines all the way out to about half of the waste tank. I miss that feature.

steve g

Name
steve garrett

think how much pollution that thing is putting out, its more than making up for the bio diesel you run in your V. those powermatics sure look more complicated than they need to be, especially for a machine that uses another fuel to heat the water.

R

R W

DavidVB said:
We never had much fuel smell unless we spilled kerosene or the Wayne burner was needing to be cleaned and serviced. It was a bit loud, but I always liked the deep roar of the heater kicking in.

They are really not hard to service except for the crawling around in the van. I had mine on a conveyor system they had where I could pull the machines all the way out to about half of the waste tank. I miss that feature.

I, too, had the conveyor system Man, that was a cool site when I'd get on a big job, pull that machine out the back, with it's shiney chrome exhaust headers....black frame....and the "roar"!

G

Do like I do Mikey; Stay at home while the chimpers do all the work; I have just about rubbed all the hair off my full belly in the last 8 days.

Chris A

Name
Chris

That has to be killing ur production times!

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland

Stop spilling the Kerosene. Spill some of your other chemicals instead. They don't smell.

If you have the small silencer, you can fit a muffler in place of the tube exhaust. Cuts that higher pitch sound down. Loud does sound powerful though.

My Powermatic is mounted in the rear. I drive into the driveway and it points out toward the street. No exhaust problems that way.

There are a couple spots that are hard to reach, but I also have the conveyor system and can slide my unit out far enough to get underneath it to perform some maintainence.

Admit it Mike. The best back up investment you ever made. :lol:

Maybe you are just upset because it cleans as well as the V. :p

Call me old fashioned, but I love my Powermatic Legacy 2100 Truck Mounted Cleaning Plant! It's pretty too!

Loren

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni

Loren Egland said:
Maybe you are just upset because it cleans as well as the V. :p

Loren

he'll never admit it, Loren
But we know.... :wink:

..l.T.A.

Doug D

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Dimick

I wished I had a conveyor with mine that would be cool. Like Loren, my is in the rear of the van. Point it out into the street.

Bob Foster

Ryder used truck sales
http://www.usedtrucks.ryder.com/Vehicle ... eid=949709

isu.jpg

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Mikey P said:
it's in the shop getting the oil leak addressed.

Maybe I will move it in back if the van is worth keeping.

ours is mounted in the back.
I've rear mounted every TM I've owned that way.

The biggest reason is cause i don't want a hot TM behind my head going from job to job.

..L.T.A.

Name
BradFenstermaker
The exhaust comes in handy when you have those rat nasty pee pee jobs.

Just pull beside the front door and clean with exhaust blowing right in the house.

No more WEE WEE odor.

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
I belly mounted a kero tank so I never smell the kero.

I also put an elbow on mine so it exhausts through the floor.

The loud is severe and I have ear protection that I put on even before I start the damn thing.

After I got all the bugs worked out of mine I don't have to work on it much but I did/do hate working on it.

Greenie

I think Loren should buy Mike's hardly even broken in PowerMatic, then I could sell Mikey a TNT original and have all the same bennies with clean eas to find LPG....and everyone will be happy,I'll even do the install free at my shop in Fremont between you two guys.
We'll put a 30gal LP tank under that floor of the box, chimpers will love it, super simple, fuel up once a week tops, and have tons of room for stuff, you got a box for your toys not your cleaning plant.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Greenie said:
I think Loren should buy Mike's hardly even broken in PowerMatic, then I could sell Mikey a TNT original and have all the same bennies with clean eas to find LPG....and everyone will be happy,I'll even do the install free at my shop in Fremont between you two guys.
We'll put a 30gal LP tank under that floor of the box, chimpers will love it, super simple, fuel up once a week tops, and have tons of room for stuff, you got a box for your toys not your cleaning plant.

Interesting suggestion. But you could just install a Kerosene tank instead of the propane tank, and it would be easier to fill the tank yourself than wait for some station attendant to do the filling. Besides, Mikey practically stole that virtually new Powermatic. A new TNT would cost a 'fistful of dollars' or at least a 'few dollars more', and that's the 'good, the bad and the ugly'.

Freemont is not that far away. I will have to come down and see you sometime.

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
I don't have a smell problem as long as the idiot that works for me doesn't spill Kerosene all over the van when filling it, My 4100's exhaust goes right over the top of the van. It is kind of loud though.

Greenie

DavidVB said:
I've had both propane and kerosene. Kero was much easier to find and fill up.

Not in Cali, LP is everywhere, kero is the harder to find.

I don't think kero actually smells that bad in it's liquid state, but the daily "burners" definitely have a strong odor, and leave a fine oily residue in their vans.

G

You think it smells bad in the van! What does your customer smells when you walk in?

Thats why I use a PTO!

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
Greenie said:
DavidVB said:
I've had both propane and kerosene. Kero was much easier to find and fill up.

Not in Cali, LP is everywhere, kero is the harder to find.

I don't think kero actually smells that bad in it's liquid state, but the daily "burners" definitely have a strong odor, and leave a fine oily residue in their vans.

Yea, By the time they get done taxing you guys out there your going to be driving match box cars to your jobs I heard that idiot Obama is trying to tax everybody according to the miles they drive what a joke.

DavidVB

I can vouch for the film in the van. I've had that though with each slide in I've had. The kerosene was only a problem with exhaust when it needed cleaned or adjusted. I much preferred kero to propane. I felt like I was driving a bomb around when we had propane.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
DavidVB said:
I can vouch for the film in the van. I've had that though with each slide in I've had.

same here.
I've owned TMs with all three heat systems
Propane, HX and kero

all get scummy from engine oil residue.
It's from the gas engine inside a van.
Not the water heating system.

HX TMs get the same goo

..L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom