How effecient is your rig?

FastEddie

CIMG2246.jpg

I Just recently transfered all equipment over to my new mini extended Aerostar 4x4, I decided to maximize space as much as possible.

CIMG2235.jpg

My narrow TM footprint allows me to run this awesome rear mounted configuration. Everything is at my fingertips. My equipment and I are protected from bad weather due to the overhead protection of the hatchback. That mainly is why I use a mini. If only there was a full size van with a rear hatch.

CIMG2236.jpg

CIMG2238.jpg

CIMG2240.jpg

CIMG2239.jpg

I'm such a nut for keeping everything in its place and in top condition.

CIMG2243.jpg

My re-located, re-designed, ceramic coated custom exhaust I came up with SS heat shields, no more belt failure and component cooking!

CIMG2234.jpg

I try to use every inch of space

CIMG2244.jpg

I'm proud of all my hard work turning this bitch from a multi-problematic lemon into a high performance beast. She is tricked out and back with a vengeance! Many thanks for all that helped me with my numerous failures and problems over the years.

Attachments

• CIMG2246.jpg
    CIMG2246.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 183
  • CIMG2235.jpg
    CIMG2235.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 154
  • CIMG2236.jpg
    CIMG2236.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 162
  • CIMG2238.jpg
    CIMG2238.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 175
  • CIMG2240.jpg
    CIMG2240.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 191
  • CIMG2239.jpg
    CIMG2239.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 156
  • CIMG2243.jpg
    CIMG2243.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 180
  • CIMG2234.jpg
    CIMG2234.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 164
  • CIMG2244.jpg
    CIMG2244.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 152

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Nice work Eddie!

By the way I didn't get a response on the email I sent about the wands. Did you get my reply? I emailed you from my phone so I want to be sure you got it. If not let me know and I will email you again :)

FastEddie

Hey now, don't be ragging on my Hoe! lol

I rarely wand so I keep the smaller Hoe onboard, which fits in so much better than my Ti .

Scott Rogers

Dang Marty, who cares what it looks like( but I think it looks cool). If you ever get to work out of a truck like Harleys for a few days you will hate working in a van. Plenty of room for everything and enough space to keep everything neat and tighty. I cant wait to get my box truck finished.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Who cares what it LOOKS LIKE? Are you freaking serious?

Image is EVERYTHING!

With you being from Georgia (and being old enough to have grandkids), I can understand how you could be confused on that idea.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Fast Eddie;

I know you've spent a lot of hard work on your van, but I think it is unsafe because of the propane bottle behind the seat.

In the second picture, the little circle on the propane regulator is a VENT. It will release propane if the temperature in your van gets too hot. The pilot on the heater looks to be about 18" away.

It is clearly illegal in most states, including Texas.

Go to an external tank for safer operation.

Larry Cobb
Mikey Board Supporting Member

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
The Cleaning Artist's truck looks freaking amazing!!!! If that thing was parked in my driveway I would know this guy is for real!!

Fast Eddie

it looks like you are doing the best you can with what you have but I hope you never get into a wreck. If you get into a wreck you better hope you are killed because if that thing hits and kills someone else you will be sued for everything you have!!!! Very unsafe. A cheap cargo van goes a long way.

camerapics307.jpg

camerapics306.jpg

camerapics303.jpg

Attachments

• camerapics307.jpg
    camerapics307.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 157
  • camerapics306.jpg
    camerapics306.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 174
  • camerapics303.jpg
    camerapics303.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 180

FastEddie

"If that thing hits and kills someone else"

Adam, can you please explain a little more in detail what you mean by that and why my set-up is so much more dangerous than average? Besides the LP bottle, which Larry pointed out, which I was aware of and kinda sketched out about it from the start. A year has passed with no issues though.

I would think that having a half ton TM, like the majority cleaners do, mounted directly behind the driver and passenger seats would have a high degree of danger involved in case of an accident as well?

I think what he means is tools laying loose in the van. These become flying objects in the event of an accident.

Thanks Adam Hale for your compliments! I take great pride in my equipment and the service I provide.
Your truck is very nice also!

FastEddie

I really don't have any tools loose and laying around. The ones up front are strapped down using a rachet strap which I removed for the pics.

Scott

Nice work, Eddie.

You didn't happen to take lessons from Dan Burk on how to squeeze Mt. Rushmore into a Pinto, did ya?

Scott

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
I have a friend that was in a car wreck. The insurance would not cover him because he had Birthday balloons in his back seat which was blocking his view. ( So they say ) I can imagine what they could say about your minivan.
I guess I think Lawyers look for anything to go after. If somebody hit me and caused damage to me or my truck I would look into why they screwed up. If I saw a minivan sagging down in the back way over loaded causing way more wear and tear on the brakes, shocks and struts then ever were intended for that van. A LP bottle and sharp tools ready to fly into the driver or on to the floor by the brake or gas pedal. ( I now understand and you strap them down ) It would make me wonder if the van is safe and did any of those things cause the accident? I think people look for any good reason to screw other people and I think that van gives a few reasons.

I think you would be a great friend to have if I was going to move because you could pack my whole house into a small UHAUL! You have used every inch of space perfectly. I do think you would like a cargo van lots more and be less of a liability. I may be wrong.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
such is one reason businesses have such ahigher minimums for insurance...

no i can pack some stuff in my van(pics later)...but that scares me....my van doesnt put of heat like that would....think about how hot that stuff gets and in such a tiny space...

oh and as far as adams comments go........hes dead anyways if its anything near serious...

FastEddie

"If I saw a minivan sagging down in the back way over loaded causing way more wear and tear on the brakes, shocks and struts then ever were intended for that van"

I hear where your coming from Adam but I have a beefed up suspension with extra heavy duty springs in combination with rear air shocks. Brakes were upgraded as well. The van handles very well and stops just fine. As far as heat build-up I have no issues due to the radiator fan mounted on TM moving large amounts of air out the back. I also have a solar vent that exhaust air out 24/7 during the warmer months.

I am going to work on getting a LP belly tank or going back to H/X heat. Eventually I will get a full size cargo.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I like it,Eddie. I would rather fly around city jobs in that than my box truck and you got your i-pod rolling.

I don't see a vacuum you hack LOL

Greenie

There are plenty of mini-vans around here with the small belly tanks, that is a low cost smple solution, and would free up some more space.

I'm not sweating the tank in the truck cause I know Eddie runs with the doors open when the tank is turned on, it only takes a mild draft and "off gasing" is not an issue, it's not a bank vault.

Eddie will never go back to HX, he's addicted to the high heat!

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Good job Eddie. It's great to see someone with determination and ingenuity. I wouldn't be afraid of riding in that rig. The propane tank is a bit close for my taste but if its secured well and all hoses and fittings are in good shape you won't have any trouble. I ran 2 tanks inside my van for 15 years. I believe that I've seen someone selling propane fired heaters with the tank mounted right next to each other on a cart.

Greenie

Shane T said:
I believe that I've seen someone selling propane fired heaters with the tank mounted right next to each other on a cart.

Exactly..and for indoor use to boot.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
or do this eddie.....mind you it only fixes while working....if you crash and it moves around wellllll....

get a longer hose for the propane...then when on a job pull it out of the van....i do/have done that since i have had mine....

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I knew of a guy who put a Genesis 56 in a old conversion van.

But Eddie ... how does your wife and kids fit in there?

Back
Top Bottom