How Far Do you travel to your jobs?

ErikG

How far are guys driving to your customers . I'm in a rural area ,where there are 3 towns that I service.20-35 min to next town

Rex Tyus

That is an is issue I struggle with daily. IF they are willing to wait until other appointments are scheduled in the area I will drive up to about 45 mi. As a rule I try to keep it under 30 mi. Difficult to do in a truly rural area.

TimP

I drive 20-30 miles one way. Depending on where it is. I will go further but the minimum charge goes way up. I have been known to drive 60 miles one way.....not that I want to....but if it means making some money or staying home I'd rather make some.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I live in the sticks too.
literally more cows than people in my rural community.

travel is a fact of life for us.

60+ miles round trip is the norm
(for an average day, not just one job)

if the money is right, we'll travel much farther.
This Thursday we'll travel 46 miles one way for a 2200sf com job

..L.T.A.

ErikG

I use to live in chicago and there were like 30-40 towns within 45 min where i live in fl there 12 in a 60 mile radius, 3 in my immediate are

M

Mark Imbesi

Rex Tyus said:
That is an is issue I struggle with daily. IF they are willing to wait until other appointments are scheduled in the area I will drive up to about 45 mi. As a rule I try to keep it under 30 mi. Difficult to do in a truly rural area.

I am not a fan of making my clients wait. Prolly lose more jobs than you would keep. Many of my clients have shore properties (an hour away, one way) and I jump at the drop of a hat for no extra charge. This keeps my clients happy and spreads the word to their shore neighbors. When I get a call for the shore, I, in turn, call my clients to see if I can clean theirs at that time. In other words, I initiate more stops while I'm an hour away, not make my client wait till I get another phone call for that area.

steve r

i have a couple apartment complexes near me so i have days i drive less than 2 miles 5 is common when i dont leave town for the day but im getting a lot more 50 to 100 mile days lately.

John Watson

We also are considered rural area also known as the sticks , Up River folks.
We did an 80 mile loop today. Some times it is as much as 180 mi. loop. just depends on how we are going. Our rates increase the farther we go also. Our Clients want us.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I'm usually within 20 minutes of my office. I don't even serve areas in all directions of me, maybe a half circle, otherwise I drive in one direction for one customer and have to drive 40 minutes to get back into my area to the next job. I'm plenty busy in my small area that I don't have to drive to find work.

Jerry

Supportive Member
Usually I average 90-120 miles round trip. I am rural, but the majority of my customers are about 40miles away.My wife has a good job locally and we have very low housing costs here. Someday I will get a shop in my customer base area and drive a econo car to and from there.In due time....

Rex Tyus

Marc Imbesi said:
[quote="Rex Tyus":xvlccy4t]That is an is issue I struggle with daily. IF they are willing to wait until other appointments are scheduled in the area I will drive up to about 45 mi. As a rule I try to keep it under 30 mi. Difficult to do in a truly rural area.

I am not a fan of making my clients wait. Prolly lose more jobs than you would keep. Many of my clients have shore properties (an hour away, one way) and I jump at the drop of a hat for no extra charge. This keeps my clients happy and spreads the word to their shore neighbors. When I get a call for the shore, I, in turn, call my clients to see if I can clean theirs at that time. In other words, I initiate more stops while I'm an hour away, not make my client wait till I get another phone call for that area.[/quote:xvlccy4t]

Good for you. You situation has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with mine though.

Ernie G

We work in a 20-30 mi. radious-but most days we work within a 10 mi. radious. We have 4-vans with below average miles. We have lots of high-end homes in our area.

Kevin

Most are 3 miles or less. However I do get referals from a Carpet Store that are about 11 miles away.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
very rare that I go over10 miles and if you live ten miles out your always the second job and I schedule an on the way home at 1:30 to 2

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I'll go anywhere...

As I get further away, my minimum goes up.

I would imagine most ccers could benefit from this.

Name
Nate W.
30 miles either direction I hit ocean. God I love Hawaii. More then 45 mins in the car I'm dosing off. :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom