how FAST are you??

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
over 600 1st time, over 700 second time, became impatience 3rd time and aborted with a over 2000!:eekk: :dejection:
just woke up, only had a couple of sips of coffee, and I'm on vacation.
ill try again when in more high strung.:biggrin:

that's

some geeky dude on another site said something about computer systems and/or gear could make some ms difference ???
or something like that (no understanding of technical gEEkspEEk)

is what he saying valid, Fred?

..L.T.A.

FredC

Village Idiot
In addition to measuring your reaction time, this test is affected by the latency of your computer and monitor. Using a fast computer, wired mouse, and low latency / high framerate monitor will improve your score somewhat.

This is discused in further detail on the the statistics page. While an average human reaction time may fall between 200-250ms, your computer could be adding 10-50ms on top. Some modern TVs add as much as 150ms!

Notes

It's interesting to see that the recorded reaction times have actually gotten slightly slower over the years, which is almost certainly due to changes in input / display technology.

Newer operating systems tend to do more expensive visual effects, which means a longer lag time from the test to the screen.

Also, mobile device 'taps' tend to be a bit slower than clicks. The increase in use of mobile phones likely has an effect as well.

30ms is currently a typical lag for a desktop/laptop.

Further reading

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
I think my reaction time was slow because I'm in China.
May "taps" had be approved by the communist party then homeland security before recorded.

Yep That's my story and I'm sticken with it.:rockon: