How importance is it for motor size to blower size for proper air flow?

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
I’ve often wondered how important is it to match the proper hp engine to the right size blower and what is the sweet spot on slide-in machine to produce a high air velocity.
Can someone much more knowledgeable then myself explain to the class?

hogjowl

Idiot™
Why are you worried about this? Are you planning on building yourself a TM?
You’re an idiot if you are.
And your an idiot to worry about it if you aren’t!

FredC

Village Idiot
Reactions: Cleanworks

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
Why are you worried about this? Are you planning on building yourself a TM?
You’re an idiot if you are.
And your an idiot to worry about it if you aren’t!
Hey homer....kiss my blower and engine.
1B8784CD-42D2-4BBF-9BC4-12C8E1A21C3D.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: hogjowl

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl

no hurry

Yes i was checking out the specifications of the 370 and 870.

23hp is perfect for 370 but 870 need about 70hp to operate at full capacity for 13hg and etc.

Then you got steam action that believe ya should have 20hg and so on.

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
the max lift on specs from "my understanding" is based on constant load

these blowers when used on a TM aren't under constant load but variable load which is why you can bump the lift up

I noticed at 18" how much more grit was in the filter but the exhaust was also quite noticeably hotter

*don't know what lift it was generally maintaining

Last edited:

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Have to take into account those who have airflow restrictive glides on their wands that keep the lift at max load all the time. Putting undue wear and tear on all components.

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
Since rpm are involved, why would it be any different than a car that moves? Bhp is basically a true rating of hp.
BHP is the engine torque measured under brake
(no other way to measure a stationary engine)

HP used to be measured in theory only (no engine friction a perfect system) which was why it was standardised.. sometime ago...
@bob vawter might know?

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
BHP is the engine torque measured under brake
(no other way to measure a stationary engine)

HP used to be measured in theory only (no engine friction a perfect system) which was why it was standardised.. sometime ago...
@bob vawter might know?
This is how they test BHP ? Make senses.

main-qimg-87fcb307cf8a473447ee4e93e88e19b7-c.jpeg

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Look here....in the real world...we sometimes address the real issue......
Pulley diameter ratio......

Reactions: DAT
Name
Austin Willoughby
Since rpm are involved, why would it be any different than a car that moves? Bhp is basically a true rating of hp.
It's hard to compare these to cars. Would make more sense to compare it to a truck pulling a load. Under load the vehicle will stress and not last as long as not under load plus it being stationary makes a difference of how the load is distributed. A blower is essentially the wheels. At 5 hg it would be in theory regular load of a driver and passanger maybe. At 10 maybe a full vehicle load. At 15 plus would be max tow capacity but being theres no transmission to help carry the load and distribute it makes it hard to compare. Idk tho I'm just brain storming here haha

Reactions: BIG WOOD and DAT

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
It's hard to compare these to cars. Would make more sense to compare it to a truck pulling a load. Under load the vehicle will stress and not last as long as not under load plus it being stationary makes a difference of how the load is distributed. A blower is essentially the wheels. At 5 hg it would be in theory regular load of a driver and passanger maybe. At 10 maybe a full vehicle load. At 15 plus would be max tow capacity but being theres no transmission to help carry the load and distribute it makes it hard to compare. Idk tho I'm just brain storming here haha
Yeah i was referring to any load or resistant involved is considered brake power. Only engine dynamo testing can truly test bhp.

Fortunately for us, the benchmarks for these equipments has already been established, and easy to find if anyone wants to upgrade, replace or build their own TM. 23hp kohler is more than enough to run 45 blower and pump while generating enough heat to do the job. Such as the 370. But they have a very efficient heat exchanger system tho.. so i rather just buy one than build one.

Name
Austin Willoughby
Yeah i was referring to any load or resistant involved is considered brake power. Only engine dynamo testing can truly test bhp.

Fortunately for us, the benchmarks for these equipments has already been established, and easy to find if anyone wants to upgrade, replace or build their own TM. 23hp kohler is more than enough to run 45 blower and pump while generating enough heat to do the job. Such as the 370. But they have a very efficient heat exchanger system tho.. so i rather just buy one than build one.
Gotcha and agree with you on the standard luckily with previous engineered and current engineered machines give us some pretty good guidelines. Guess it all depends on applications, other components running, and quality of components as well.

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Yes my driveshaft transferred power from the front belt system to turn the blower and solution pump
I thought most systems was built that way. Im more curious about the 47 @1650

Most engine needs to run at 3000rpm from what i have seen to drive the blower at whatever rating needed to get the cfm. In case of 47 blower, it needs 3000-3400 rpm to get the cfm you want, no?

Im curious about your set up

hogjowl

Idiot™
I had a guy call me last night at 10:30. He posts over on FB. Nice guy.
He kept asking me technical questions about my Cleanco. I didn’t know any of the answers. Somewhere around the third or fourth “I don’t know” from me he figured out he’d called the wrong guy.
I hated that he wasted his time.
I kept trying to give him TCS’s phone number.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom