How is the Emperor Pump working out?

Name
Lee Stockwell
I had to put a backup pump on one of the 405's today to replace a tired Cat 340ht.

I'm gonna get a permanent replacement ASAP. Leaning toward either a Wanner hydrocell or an Emperor.

How's the Emperor working out for those who've run them a while now?

Thanks,
Lee

John Olson

Name
John Olson
I haven't heard of any issues at all. We haven't had to work on any yet so that so thats to me is a good thing.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Thanks John. I never like to be the guinea pig for something new. The boys run these trucks full-tilt and you don't want to have any problems at 3am over 100 miles from home. I have electric backup pumps on the trucks but what a hassle.

Lee

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Given the cost of Cat rebuild kits, it isn't worth the labor time to rebuild one. We bought an Emperor several years ago to replace one of a long line of problematic Cats (Thanks again Larry Cobb!) and ran it on one of our commercial trucks for a year. Having had no problems and having heard of no problems from others using the pump, we started specifying them for all new purchases and used them to replace any failed pump. To date we have not had to repair a single one, and don't have to special order them anymore as they are now standard equipment on the CDS.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Lee,

Which electric pumps and how are they driven, the ones you have on your trucks.

Don't you have them set up to QC IN very quickly when the main pump is giving trouble?

Is the Emperor an oil bath pump?

Thanks,

Bob

PS. Lee - hope you and your family are well.

Jimbo

Does the Emperor pump have provisions to install a chemical pulse pump on it??

Is there any way to install a chemical pulse pump on a Wanner pump??

Just curious! Thanks!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom