How is your pricing, commercial vs residential?

Bucey

Name
FFA?
I have better luck pricing comm at per sq ft than residential. then again I have only priced residential per sq ft twice. mainly because of the price shop phenom. How much? sooooo the resi is priced by room.

Mikey P

Administrator
Who gives a damn what the actual rate is, how much do you make an hour should be the real answer and concern.

Werner for example would need to charge $2.50 a foot to make what Ken Snow's boys make in an hour at .15 a foot.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Residential .35

Commercial varies depending on a lot of factors:

How much are we cleaning, few hundred sq/ft, few thousand, ten's of thousands, hundred thousand or more?

Setup, setup once or multiple setup and break downs, extended hose lengths?

Time of day, after regular business hours, Saturday morning, Sunday night?

Degree of soiling,light maintenance type cleaning, moderate soil, heavy soil?

Open areas, funnel areas, in and under desks and cubes?

Method, OP, Encap Cimex, HWE portable, HWE TM

On a small commercial after hours we might be as high as our standard residential rate. Large commercial maintenance type cleaning in open and funnel areas over 100,000 sq/ft we maybe as low as .08-.10 sq/ft

TimP

It has to be based on what you're doing. Like what mikey said its what you make hourly. Charge as much as you can feel you get your client to pay. If you're getting tips consistantly you're not charging enough. If you aren't getting the occasiomal client saying you're too much you need to go up. I try to make 100 an hour more if the market allows.

Jamesh921

Name
James
"maybe so, but I'm not in any race and I don't need to pay for employees etc"

Yes, but you need to price your service as if you DO pay employees. What if (God forbid) something happened to you where you could't work on the truck and you had to hire someone to work in your place?
If you aren't priced properly now to account for an employee, you'd then have to increase your prices to cover all the extra expense of now having an employee. Which would mean you'd have to go to all of your regular clients and renegotiate.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom