How long can you clean before you have to fill or dump?

Bob Foster

2 3/4 hours for me before my 100gal waste tank is full using a Greenhorn with 03 jets.

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
Last nite 1880 square feet of Chinese,used 1/3 tank,dumped 1/3 tank,110 both tanks.

We clean at 300 psi so at least 4 apts an or 2-3 homes before we need to add...

Standard Butler 10 inch with standard jets...

We use more on uph due to the by pass valve on one of the tools.But we set psi at no more then 125...

Great question,Hello All,good day stay safe people...Caes-08...

TimP

I'd say 1500-2000 sq ft per full tank on my cds....

I couldn't imagine imagine using just 1/3 a 100 gallon tank for 1800 ft though don't seem like enough water. I'd say I go through 30-40 gallons in 700 ft in residential. Maybe it's just me but I like to make sure I flush the detergent and soil out.

I did a rat nasty rental yesturday. And I had 4 rooms probably about 700 ft I can't remember the total....but I used probably 1.5 tanks and did it with the RX. But I had to make sure I went over everything at least twice slowly to flush all the CRUD out. I put down some potent prespray though 2.5 gallons of water for my omni... 5 scoops of power break.....added sod percarb booster.....quat a lot.....and some judson booster (although some would say that's silly). I rinsed with white lightning and the carpet looked way better after I left....it was in need of replacement of course.

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
Just to let you know,I run low on the meter for the rinse emulsifer,so as little as possible is left behind.The resoiling rates are very slow.

Course that also depends on how much the clean their Kitchen floors and what they use...

But at 300 psi an true proper dwell time they come out very nice. Now the buddy of mine who did one of the restaurants alongside us last week.Used a full tank (110) an had to hook up for more before he finished.We were just coming into 3/4s at that point...

Very seldom do I ever go over 350 if that.I have my pump rebuilt yearly .An according to them it never needs it ?
But to make sure she is running at true potential .I just go for it.

Another thing about low psi .Is the hoses we use for pre-spray.The shiny black types are going on 22 years.With only connectors and shut offs replaced as needed. They were my first purchase when we first started. After I had a few extra bucks. The more expensive ones,that Butler has been selling .

We replace yearly.One reason is no black death,no cracks in outer skin,etc.An just to ensure that no hose ever pops in a service job.I should do the same for the black ones.But those suckers look about brandy new still.We also use hose protectors at the doorways for fear of damage.

But believe me ,our restaurants have been around for yrs.If they were not cleaning up right.They would have canned us long ago. My name goes on every job...

The one last week has been with us monthly for 19 yrs...One of the reasons he has won best of Ct,in his area is due to his cleanliness along with his great food...He is very picky...Caes-08...

Caesar said:
Last nite 1880 square feet of Chinese,used 1/3 tank,dumped 1/3 tank,110 both tanks.

We clean at 300 psi so at least 4 apts an or 2-3 homes before we need to add...

Standard Butler 10 inch with standard jets...

We use more on uph due to the by pass valve on one of the tools.But we set psi at no more then 125...

Great question,Hello All,good day stay safe people...Caes-08...

300psi? wow thats weak...lol

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Caesar;

You have got to replace that 10" Wand .

That's just too narrow for good productivity.

At least a 12" angle-jet model.

Larry

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I take a dump at lunch but I dump my tank every 2 jobs because I hate cruising along and stopping because of a tank fill. 100 gallons 10 rooms and 2 couches

Mike Draper

I clean all day and dump at home (210 Waste). However, I do fill up my fresh 110 usually twice ( that sucks).

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
on avg i,ll get to 3 2 bed apts before i have to fill up again thats cleaning @500psi with a 14inch greenhorn
using bout 1.2gal of gas an hour with the judson reactor

heat is 210 at the truck and on a 300 ft sol line gets out at 175 atw

Mikey P

Administrator
300 psi and a ten inch wand.

I have to ask.

Why are you still cleaning Chinese joints in the middle of the night after 30 plus years?

MikeD00019

Mikey P said:
300 psi and a ten inch wand.

I have to ask.

Why are you still cleaning Chinese joints in the middle of the night after 30 plus years?

I'm new and don't mess with that.....

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
It,s what I do ???

I clean other thing's to ,I even do SINNYGOGS...lol.

Now the only thing I can say,apart from chains which are usually cleaned very often.If you speclize in Indian,Hindu,Type places.The spicy smell,the attempts to get your price lower...Pita...

Italian Restaurant's my own Paisano's are very infrequent in having it done.

Now the Chinese ,well they always worry about the ol health inspector triple checking.The get dirty fast due to improper kitchen cleaning.Always pay when done.Are very loyal.If you do great work,the refferal's are right there.So it keeps your truck working ,nitely.Now either day or night,or the combination of both.

Keeps you doing what you do best,out there in the field every day meeting and greeting.I have made just as many important contact's at night as well as Day.I am a carpet cleaner first an foremost.I am loyal to them ,an they understand that.My pre-spray obliterates the soil.I pocket the money.

We take the time to force dry,an be quality oriented.Versus, the ol let's just get through this attitude,many cleaner's have.When they are out of the residential,day cleaning enviorment.

Now some newer cleaner's may think the markets in restaurants are beyond them now.But as decades go by an name's fade.We remain.
An to fail in my business after working for all the other guy's.An not to give 100 plus.Is not the man I choose to be ?

I remember month after month the original dream that drove me.The hearing of fellow worker's say OH ,dude your dreaming you will never make it.
The look on my wive's face on the day I purchased my 1st truck.Are we doing the right thing you saved for years .Are you certain...

I took those keys an never looked back...Never will...Were or are the hour's still worth it ,Ya- my daughter's is 2 yr's from graduating as a Rn.My son is in Princeton,free and getting paid to attend.Me, I push wand...Greenie know's it name...

John Henry, is the wand.Aint no machine gonna beat me.I is a steel driving man... As Stated as such years ago. ME an dat ol wand,we one...or is it we Won ?
Great Question,Dude...Now make my shirt medium ,Please...

Able 1

Name
Keith
Hey as long as I do a $100.00 an hour on com. IDGAF what i'm cleaning.

Keith

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
I have not had to dump the waste tank in several years, as it has a very reliable APO. I don't even have to clean out the tank or APO except for every few weeks. The longest I went without cleaning out the waste tank and APO filter was 6 weeks of daily cleaning. :D

If the job is BIG, I will hook up to a fresh water spigot to keep the fresh tank full when leaving the job.

Not having to dump does save a lot of time IMO.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom