How long does a customer remember your company name?

LeeCory

I hear that customers forget your name "after the job".

I did a job last week and when I was wrapping up the lady told me that she wanted to ask a question before we showed up but forgot who she booked the job with.

"People forget about me before I even get there"..... LOL

John Watson

I agree Lee,

We have people tell us they have used us for years. They are in the computer but I just did an estimate 15 yrs ago not a job.

Lady called and asked about our rug cleaning process. Was ecstatic that I could pick up that afternoon. I remembered her and her address during the call. When I arrived to get the rug, she recognized me. You were here before, Yes I was I said. She said she couldn't remember who she called before. I told her she called me a few times before but, I still haven't worked for her as yet.

We had estimated and scheduled to clean her sofa when her baby had puked on it, 7 years ago.
she had canceled twice and when she tried to reschedule for the 3rd time I reminded her that if she canceled again I would fire her as a customer.

She decided at that time she still wasn't sure if she would keep the appointment or not and she would call when she was sure..

She said maybe we can do the sofa after I get the rugs back, I still haven't had it cleaned.

I have people calling and asking me to remind them what time did I say I was coming for our appointment, Never talked to them before.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
My custys think about me every time they eat something, cuz i put a magnet at eye level on the fridge.........

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
that is why I chose Carpet Geek. They don't forget it too easily. I've had people call and say "I met you a while back and I lost your card, but I didn't forget the name."

Terry

Supportive Member
Name
Terry O'Brien
That's why you need either a Monthly/quarterly newsletter/postcard to keep your good name in their head. Until October 2004 I was doing a quarterly newsletter myself (sometimes missing a quarter or 2) when I made a great business decision and starting using Jon dons newsletter on a monthly basis. This system makes sure it gets out and not delayed in my office like the earlier days:)
In the first year of mailing I used my customer list for the previous 7 years and got a lot of old customers back in the fold again.

Terry

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
I havn't been in the YP for over 20 years now....my magnets do all the work...plus i send out FOUR reminder post cards a year..

SPRING
SUMMER DOLDRUMS
FALL
LATE FALL

G

I think that an easy to remember name like "SODOMITE" is what most companies are lacking.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
They forget me as soon as I leave I'm sure. Well, one part of the name Chem-Dry they don't forget. It's the other part that counts though. Periodically we get calls from people bitching "where the hell are you guys, you were suppose to be here 2 hours ago". Sorry mam, you got the wrong CD. Some still don't believe us. :lol:

Bob is right on about the magnet. Not only do you give it to them but put it in the fridge for them and take out the other guy's. I don't do it but should. Eitherway give a magnet every time until you see it in their fridge.

Albert

Becker

Name
Becker
packfancjh said:
I heard somewhere that the average consumer forgets who cleaned their carpets in 3 weeks.
Unless you are Greg.

It's carpet cleaning.
Men forget their adversaries, ya think they are gunna remember your company name?
Most women have their priorities, and remembering the cleaners company name is not ranked high on that list.
Their is a better chance they will remember you personal name 1st.

That is not to say a flier, seeing your van, getting a news letter or seeing your name an logo in print somewhere won;t remind them. In fact it will.

Just ask a few clients, who did ya lose last?

Now their are those that remember everything, including you and the name of your business. But not the masses.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I spend a lot of effort branding our company name into our clients and so far it has paid off......

Name
R.J. Povio
We have had customers say "Hello, your company cleaned our carpet last year and did an excellent job." "We would like to schedule another appointment." Meanwhile we look through the computer database and this particular customer is NOT found. We never have done work for them. We have gone along with it and it has worked out great. Sometimes we tell them they haven't called us before if they ask for someone specific, but after we do the job they say it looks better than the last time it was done.

Definitely leave magnets and or biz cards....we put them on the fridge for people and look for other competitors. If we see other carpet cleaners magnets we ask if we can REPLACE it with our magnet. The response almost always is YES. Sometimes you get the WHY and we say b/c so next time you don't forget who did such a great job. We take the magnet with us and put on the fridge at the shop as a memento.

Spurling

All of our ads have a pic of the wifey and I .. people remember faces easier than names

rhyde

Name
rhyde
Mr. Mxyzptlk said:
I think that an easy to remember name like "SODOMITE" is what most companies are lacking.

i was thinking of

"SUCK FOR A BUCK CARPET CLEANING"

"the most through sucking ever"

Name
Lee Stockwell
Contemporary said: "We have had customers say "Hello, your company cleaned our carpet last year and did an excellent job." "We would like to schedule another appointment." Meanwhile we look through the computer database and this particular customer is NOT found. We never have done work for them. We have gone along with it and it has worked out great. Sometimes we tell them they haven't called us before if they ask for someone specific, but after we do the job they say it looks better than the last time it was done."

Red flag if you have employees!

"Your company" perhaps did their carpets "off the books"....if you get my drift.

Thanks,
Lee

Mike Draper

One time I had Diarrhea and used my clients bathroom! I'm sure they never forgot me after that one!!! lol!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom