How long does your vacuum hose last?

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I am pissed. I bought black hose to match my truck and it has almost completely collapsed. I pulled 100 ft off the truck and am gonna pull the other 100 off today. Now it is all blue. What a waste.

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
The greatest cleaner on the planet should be buying top of the line products that last, what kind of cheap crap are you passing off on your customers.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
it's not the color, it's the quality that matters.

I've gone the "light weight" route once 10 years ago..JUNK!!!
I recently tried a another (just a 10ft piece to see how it would hold up)
JUNK!!, just like the other light wt stuff I tried 10 years ago
JUNK I tell you!

won't hold up to moderate HG and high heat without collapsing

I don't know what brand or weight 2" vac hose Steamway supplies with their TMs, but the stuff lasts forever.

also..I bought a used Steam Genie TM when i first got in the biz.('90)
The hose that came with it was same/similar quality as Steamway's..
Matter of fact, I still have some of that vac hose.
It's long since been off the truck, but it's still very usable.
It just looks like he11, that's the only reason we replaced it.

Maybe Shawn can tell us what brand SG used in the late '80s
or someone who knows what SW used in '01 can tell us the brand

cause they both used top-o-da-line chit

..L.T.A.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
how often do they recommend you replace them.
I know they are here to make money by telling you sooner but It would be a good guidline.
do hoses get clogged with junk that wont clean out?
I have never cut one open.
I wouldn't think they would given all the cleaner going through it.

Greenie

First time you hook up 100' of new hose and it's louder than your 20 yr. hose, you have to wonder, does the inside look like the outside? smoooov is gud.

Lisa loves the stiff hose, I say just use a bend restrictor at the wand and give me the flexible stuff...life is too short. Oh...and for gawds sake put a male coolcuff on your wand hose, edging is easier too.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Greenie said:
First time you hook up 100' of new hose and it's louder than your 20 yr. hose, you have to wonder, does the inside look like the outside? smoooov is gud.

Lisa loves the stiff hose, I say just use a bend restrictor at the wand and give me the flexible stuff...life is too short. Oh...and for gawds sake put a male coolcuff on your wand hose, edging is easier too.

What are these things you speak of (bending head)
I will need full pics, prices and availability.
Spank you very much.

Greenie

VacHosebendRestrictor.jpg

Less than $15 if memory serves.

Thank Mikey P. it's his creation.

T

The Magician

I use Hydramaster hose. It comes with the machines and losts forever and I drag the hose all over. There old solution hose was light and good. I wonder if Greenie know who makes the vac. and Solution hoses.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
no one answered the question. The greatest carpet cleaner on the planet asked for the best and what colors it came in. It turned out that his machine and heat just sucked the hose up. Most people run 200+ of hose off their APEX I run what I need 50, 100 whatever I need and the hose has taken a beating after less than a year.

So now I want the best vac hose possible. Tell me wht it is

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
i just replaced my 20+ year old hose a year or two ago. I'll never live long enough to replace it again.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
then I am voting Odin because that hose stinks not sucks from Jon-Don

Name
Shawn Forsythe
meAt said:
Maybe Shawn can tell us what brand SG used in the late '80s

In the late 80's Steam Genie used two different kind of hose.

If it was turquoise, it was "Supersteam" hose by Plastiflex
If it was blue or grey, it was G-Vac, by Plastiflex.

That Supersteam hose was absolutely bulletproof, and lasted a long time. I don't think we had a single returned hose the entire time we sold it. The downside that cause its demise was that it cost more than the G-vac, and a time came when people looked at hose as a commodity and simply soured to the cost. It also had a rather large ribbing that caught wall corners, and was a bit heavier and certainly more stiff than G-vac. But it lasted until the hose actually wore out, and I mean wore out, as in worn through. The Supersteam hose was discontinued from SG inventory about 1988 or 89.

Greenie

Thank you Shawn.

Now that Shawn has spoken, the newbie would like to add a piece.

As with many Mfgs. and Suppliers, todays "stuff" isn't of the same quality as yesteryear, you couldn't give me anything from PlastiFlex these days, it's just as Shawn said, cleaners started looking at hose as a commodity, "hose is hose" and so the TM manufacturers were just filling orders, you want a cheaper hose, here you go, now that will be $25,000 for the unit, thank you very much. :)

Same story with GoodYear, same story with Para Plate etc....Shall we make a list?

Best thing your local dealer can do is delete the hose and wand from your purchase, but the TM mfgs. are giving it away just to break even on the package.....so you won't get diddly for a credit, put it on ebay.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
oh great green one what but what is your suggestion for vac hose

I will take a picture of this hose and post it Weds you wouldn't believe what it looks like

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom