How many chemical lines does this industry need?

Mikey P

Administrator
Can anyone tell me how many complete lines there are already?

Tre text'ed me today that the new *** Premium Line will be available soon.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Our industry has come a long way in 40 years. We have more complete lines of cleaning products than ever.

It would interest me (selfishly as a supplier) for MB participants to list what they value in a product line, and what product lines they prefer.

And, with all of the lines available, is the line the ultimate decision, or is the distribution point and/or product support of any value?

How many? ...............does it really matter? ...nope. If it works cleans, smells good, great. Competition gives better products and lower prices.

Jim Pemberton said:
Our industry has come a long way in 40 years. We have more complete lines of cleaning products than ever.

It would interest me (selfishly as a supplier) for MB participants to list what they value in a product line, and what product lines they prefer.

And, with all of the lines available, is the line the ultimate decision, or is the distribution point and/or product support of any value?

Make a product like Powerburst....that smells good...Id buy it.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
There are companies that specialize in private label everywhere, and even some of the largest companies private label or create new products for private label so that they don't take market share from their own brands.

Ryan

C Pennington said:
[quote="Jim Pemberton":2gucca06]Our industry has come a long way in 40 years. We have more complete lines of cleaning products than ever.

Make a product like Powerburst....that smells good...Id buy it.[/quote:2gucca06]

I don't know if I'm allowed to push him on here, but someone makes that.

D

dirt smackdown

interesting thought.. the *** product line just looks like repackaged chems. like osb, dry slurry, Sad thing is they got the idea of repackaging from the forum from dumbazzes like me.

and on the worse side.. having their own product line I wonder how many advertisers will pull out??? interesting to see

JDS87

Why would a company advertise on *** and in the process support a competitor?

Ryan said:
C Pennington said:
[quote="Jim Pemberton":12u6bwz2]Our industry has come a long way in 40 years. We have more complete lines of cleaning products than ever.

Make a product like Powerburst....that smells good...Id buy it.

I don't know if I'm allowed to push him on here, but someone makes that.[/quote:12u6bwz2]

Push on here?..naw its free speech ,right Mike?

Mikey P

Administrator
as free as it gets these days..

But I might have to start charging $99 for that freedom like Ert does.

So I wonder if Warrington, Bruders and Yeadon will chime in on this subject...

100_0679_edited.jpg

hogjowl

Idiot™
Jim:

What I am looking for in a chemical line is less. I don't want my future employees to have to decide between upteen chemicals to use in different situations. That's why I am using the Judson's chemical line right now. While it is rather expensive, it has two basic products that will clean everything we encounter.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I like the Master Blend line(soap free & redline) because it works pretty well but have bought may different products to fix a problem

was raised on hydramaster products due to the people that worked at that store

like hydramaster upholstery cleaner

Lonny

Supportive Member
Versatility- something that works on different surfaces, water types, soil types.
I dislike having to carry so many different products.
Concentration- taking less with me is very nice.

Save me headache, save me space, save me money-in that order.

If chems were a bigger part of the costs involved , it may be higher on the list.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Mikey P said:
Can anyone tell me how many complete lines there are already?

Tre text'ed me today that the new *** Premium Line will be available soon.

I think Jim addressed the point well already. There is a difference between a new line and a new package.

As for how manufacturers /distributors / suppliers respond, that remains to be seen.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Here's my perspective as a distributor:

1. I have responsibility to myself and shareholders to stay in business.
2. I meet that responsibility by keeping and gaining market share by having products that will appeal to the market I choose to serve.

3. Over the years, the product lines that have been identified with as "Pembertons stuff" have changed. Our reasons for changing focus or support of a line can be issues of competitive pricing in the market place, market support from the vendor, but mostly how that product is perceived and received among our customer base and our prospective and potential customers.

We made a major change from a vendor who's name was nearly synonymous with our own, and with whom we worked for nearly 40 years. That product is still here, but its not a leading line any longer, for the above three reasons. Another such line is likely going to change its position here soon for similar reasons.

No matter what, the marketplace drives the distributor product selection, not the other way around.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I've read "Crime and Punishment", "Moby Dick", and "To Kill a Mockingbird" at different times in my life Marty. Each time I find different meaning in the stories.

This thread should be like that for you Marty.

D

dirt smackdown

has anyone noticed how many people have not been on that site lately??? the one with their own product line emerging and charging to $99 to get discounts..im confused
I also think the not going to sell the ride videos and making them public ticked off alot of newbs who prepayed for the vids

harryhides

Name
Tony
What was important to me was the following.

Highly concentrated to keep shipping costs down.
Very low to zero solvents, just for my health and my Techs and customers.
Good quality chems that really work - price is not a problem, time is much more expensive.
Easy mixing and does not separate out.
Low foam and easy rinsing.
Long shelf life.
Lose any filler junk.

S

sam miller

I wonder if its fabpro relabled ? someone's doing it seems like a plan from the begining to promote forums and idea's then sell sell sell.

and like Mike asked in another thread how much did all those ads cost? it seems clear there's an agenda to move product more then share idea's. Still I bought some jet extenders and a few nick nacks oh yah feather touch valves for wands ease's cramping but you guys probably already use them.

I'm 47 and can't read the fine print my hands are always cramped or locked and ya I hate feeling like I got my Arse kicked everyday pushing a wand. So anything I can learn to make my job easier would help ty.

and if you have suppliers for stuff here start a post and leave info and have a rating system by other user's who reccommend you.

I'm sure its here already here I'm to lazy to search.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Jim Pemberton said:

Upholstery - I prefer Bridgepoint, but have learned to use Prochem products. Bridgepoints IMO foam up a little better as I do a lot of wet foam cleaning and target Fine Fabric cleaning.

Carpet - I like Prochem's - I've used both Bridgepoint's and Prochem's. Ultrapak(regular or renovate) and the Olefin Prespray along with All Fiber Rinse or if I need some added power when rinsing but want to still leave it acidic - All Fiber Deep Clean.

Since I've worked in multi-truck settings these are systems that are easy to use for everyone. Which helps with the ability to lessing problems with chemical mixtures, and easier to train others with.

By myself ? That would be an entirely much longer list, and mix of lines.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom