How many do this?

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
I was having a conversation with a friend the other day concerning solution line blow outs. I set up the PC 650 truck so I loose loop the solution hose and it has dramatically cut down on hose fatigue and blow outs. I have also always "looped" the hose when doing risers which " I think " leafs to pre-mature end blow outs as well
da5a3y2e.jpg

Ed Valentine

Name
Ed Valentine
My opinion

Billy;

Certainly "looping" will take off the pulling stress of your pressure hose and that is a great idea if the metal hose ends have been "re-crimped". Why? Because the inner tubing has naturally expanded and thus, the metal barb has nothing to hold onto with the exception of the outer metal crimped sleeve.

Most hose companies, or even our company will not re-crimp because of potential liability situations which you could well imagine.:cry:

Hope this helps.
Ed Valentine
cross-american.com

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
not a secret any more :icon_cool:

I've been using the Maker hose strap, secures around my waist and holds the hoses, prevents that stress.
Or I'll loop it so it goes over my shoulder which also takes that stress away.

Anyone know about hydramasters new hose? http://hydramaster.com/Products/Accessories/Hosesandconnectors/SuperFlexHPSolutionLine.aspx

I've gotten away from the blue neptune. Even my HF line blew on me, black all over the wall. Fortunately it all cleaned up.
I use the thermoplastic as my lead hose now, tornado hose more commercially.

Last edited:

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
If I blow a hose because of your thread!

Get yourself some parker hose and you wont have to worry about it.:hopeless:

If your running high temps, steel braid can leave hose lines(permanent) on olefin(berber). Cleaned some white berber, thought I might have seen the VERY start of a hose line. Switched to parker that week.

I also have to say... It's(paraflex) not nearly the pain in the back side it seemed from reading posts about it. We have the orange hose. Don't wind it up tight, lays out just like steel hose.

200 bucks and you will never have to worry about it.

Ron K

Get yourself some parker hose and you wont have to worry about it.:hopeless:

If your running high temps, steel braid can leave hose lines(permanent) on olefin(berber). Cleaned some white berber, thought I might have seen the VERY start of a hose line. Switched to parker that week.

I also have to say... It's(paraflex) not nearly the pain in the back side it seemed from reading posts about it. We have the orange hose. Don't wind it up tight, lays out just like steel hose.

200 bucks and you will never have to worry about it.

Where do you buy your parker from?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom