How many here ...FLUSH their blowers.????

joe harper

Name
joe harper
I have always FLUSHED my Blowers...every 200 hrs...!

"NEVER REPLACED A BLOWER"

I know all of the Butler GUYS..know what I am talking about...!

How about you slide-in GUYS..???

I will bet 1/2...Here have NEVER cleaned their blowers... :wink:

Re: How many here ...FLUSH there blowers.????

Never. How do you flush an oil splashed blower? I thought keeping the oil changed and if it has bearings greasing them would be sufficient.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave

Not anymore, last one I did a hardened piece of debris came loose and locked up the blower.

I don't think our distributor does it as part of our preventive maintenance either.

joe harper

Name
joe harper

Doc Holliday said:
Not anymore, last one I did a hardened piece of debris came loose and locked up the blower.

I don't think our distributor does it as part of our preventive maintenance either.

Richard...

Wasn't it inevitable that it would break loose anyway..?

It is better for it to break loose at a LOW rpm...Rather at full speed..and break a LOBE...

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It cleaned it, you should have seen all the stuff on the ground that came out of there! :shock:

Our distributor did break it loose with out damaging the blower. When he asked what were were doing he gave me the same look my father did when I took my bike apart as a kid and couldn't get it back together.
:(

The Preacher

Doug Cox said:
[quote="steve frasier":yuauatgf]only when the overflow shut off doesn't work on the waste tank

DITTO.[/quote:yuauatgf]

Doug has a hard time remebering to flush the toilet, let alone his blower!!!! :shock:

harryhides

Name
Tony
Yup, we did the blower flush on a regular basis.
Some folks know and some just don't........

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
I usually just spray a bunch of WD40 through the vac relief every week or two...

A

amazingcleansc

Danny Strickland said:
[quote="Doug Cox":wyhjvrz0][quote="steve frasier":wyhjvrz0]only when the overflow shut off doesn't work on the waste tank

DITTO.[/quote:wyhjvrz0]

Doug has a hard time remebering to flush the toilet, let alone his blower!!!! :shock:[/quote:wyhjvrz0]

You can flush those?! And here I was cleaning mine out once a month all this time!

I suppose the NEXT thing you're going to tell me is that I'm going to be able to clean out my waste tank with something besides this section of cut garden hose.

F

FB7777

Butler recommends you perform flushing once a month but like Joe, I tend to do it every 3 months

WD at least a couple times a week

With a 210 waste tank, and an inline filter box, I believe there is considerably less risk than guys with 70 gallon waste tanks

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I have a Roots 45 blower that is 25 years old. Never sprayed with lube and never flushed. Never had it lock up and it still works great. If I happen to accidently blow recovery water through it, I will make sure and run it a while to dry it out.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
there is nothing in the manual from the dist or the blower manual about flushing it. I used to wd-40 ever day but recently have slacked. i didn't install a port on the new one so it isn't as convenient. I keep meaning to put in the port, maybe this weekend.

my filters even after months hardly have any debris on them so i doubt much is getting through. the last blower looked fine inside except a small amount of rust.

gene

Name
Shawn Forsythe
GeneMiller said:
there is nothing in the manual from the dist or the blower manual about flushing it. I used to wd-40 ever day but recently have slacked. i didn't install a port on the new one so it isn't as convenient. I keep meaning to put in the port, maybe this weekend.

my filters even after months hardly have any debris on them so i doubt much is getting through. the last blower looked fine inside except a small amount of rust.

gene

Exactly.

Most users never need "flush" their blowers if the system is properly designed and maintained. In fact, if your unit is so poorly maintained and designed that the blower needs cleaning, and has a downstream blower exchanger, you really don't want blower "wash-water" sending possible debris to land upon the finned coils.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Shawn Forsythe said:
GeneMiller said:

gene

Exactly.

Most users never need "flush" their blowers if the system is properly designed and maintained. In fact, if your unit is so poorly maintained and designed that the blower needs cleaning, and has a downstream blower exchanger, you really don't want blower "wash-water" sending possible debris to land upon the finned coils.

Surely....You did NOT just question the design of the Butler Unit... :?:

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Shawn Forsythe said:
HARPER said:
Are you sure you can handle it?

Why would you "flush" a blower that doesn't need it?

" I don't know "... :?:

Why would I ...BRUSH..my teeth.. :roll:

They are still CHEWING... :shock:

Maybe ..I believe in Preventive Maintenance.. :idea:

Can you post instructions on how to flush your blower?

Also guys using wd-40 you are wasting your time and money. I can take a styrofoam cup of water and spray some wd-40 in it and come back several hours later and it will just be sitting on the water. I can also take some pierce or similar and spray it on the water and it will eat right through the bottom of the cup. I use wd-40 to clean grease off my bearings on my fishing reels. It will cut grease just like a solvent. Then I grease them and I am good to go for a year. I like Pierce from quest chemical or the green bottle of liquid wrench which is a clear version.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Shawn Forsythe said:
HARPER said:

flush 'em wit clean water slowly at first for a min....then spin till dry.
it's nice to put a Water Displacement product in afferwards

geeeeeezzzzzz!

joe harper

Name
joe harper
bob vawter said:
[quote="Shawn Forsythe":uqev1s82]
HARPER said:

flush 'em wit clean water slowly at first for a min....then spin till dry.
it's nice to put a Water Displacement product in afferwards

geeeeeezzzzzz![/quote:uqev1s82]

"I have been WaItInG on you to get here BaWb"....

Don't you agree that blowers should be Flushed..?

bonesheal

I just did it today. Danielc, I don't know what it's like on a Prochem, but a Butler has a port that you hook a tube into, then let the blower draw a gallon of water out of a bucket, right through the blower. It drips out the blower exhaust outside the truck.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom