How many of you DONT use pressure hose reels?

R

R W

never have....probably never will. BUT....will never be without an electric vac hose reel!

I seen a local competitor of mine this weekend (he has at least 5 trucks) rolling up vac hose. Man, what a waste. Once you go the electric hose reel route, there's no turning back.

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
No pressure hose reel. Hose carriers work awesome with Parker hose. Grab the wand and hose carrier. Waste of time pullin off the reel.

Golden boy

topnotchman

Neither. No hose reels what so ever, works for me. Not sure what I would do with a hose reel, let alone an electric one!

Not using a reel is the dumbest thing I ever heard of. I have my new machine up and running but do not have a reel yet for my freshwater hose. It is a nightmare trying to wrap up the hose and transport it between jobs. Having a live reel for your freshwater or solution is way faster and more productive. I used to keep 50 foot sections and would pull off two sections and carry them in the house then run back to the machine. Now I run my hose reel live with my first section off the reel a hundred footer incase I want to hook it straight to the machine or carry in in the house as 100' of line is easy to manage. The benefits of a reel far outweigh the negatives. I like having a live reel for cleaning empties or when you only need 50 feet etc.. I try to atleast pull off the first section and hook it straight to the machine as the pressure drops less and the water is hotter, but sometimes running live is the way to go.

WANDMASTER3

the electric wheels are awesome.specially after a big job at the end of the day its alot of help

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
will be putting dual electrics on my new truck. probably will go with hannays very similar to ron beatys truck setup. right now the neto me truck has no reel and it does get anoying.

Jim Morrison

Name
jim
No reels at all here. Never used them so don't know what I'm missing. Like you said I can't see much point for a solution hose reel. Pack your 125' coil in with your hf & wand go to the far end of the job and drop coils on your way back out to the van. No excess hose in the house the extra gets dropped by the van. Takes about 30 seconds to coil it back up at the end of a job.

Name
steve snail
. Pack your 125' coil in with your hf & wand go to the far end of the job and drop coils on your way back out to the van. No excess hose in the house the extra gets dropped by the van. Takes about 30 seconds to coil it back up at the end of a job.

Jim,

I am going to give that a try on Monday. We get set in our ways of doing things, gotta appreciate when someone nudges us to think out the box. Think it was meAt that said it is about "economy of motion", or words to that effect. Looks like a time saver. Thanks!

Ditto on the electric vac reel.

steve r

i pulled my hose reels and have been trying to do with out.

im using velcro straps and rolling the 50 ft sections of vac hose and i use 100 ft lead of 3/8 solution.with the solution line i use a figure eight to wrap it so when i roll it out or up it never coils.not so with the vac though since i roll it in a circle but i use big loops so theres only a about 5 or 6 loops to unwind.
i also have an extension cord 12/2 thats 100 ft on a plastic hand roll up thing.i can carry all of this in together in one trip even up 3 flights of stairs.i drop everything off balconies or downstaris and hook it all up in one trip.i grab the wand and prespray if i need it after hooking everything up and im working.
i think pulling hoses off reels sucks and rolling them up sucks even more.im less fatigued at the end of the day and i know set ups are faster and i think putting it all away is faster now that i learned a few tricks like the figure 8 thing.

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
I quit using a solution hose reel when I switched to Parflex, but now I would never go back. Once you master the twirl wind method it's alot faster.

Every once in awhile I think about ditching my vacuum hose reels just to free up some space, but now my bolts holding it to the floor are too rusted to make it worth the battle.

TimP

If you go w/o a solution reel I'd strap it to the vac hose. Makes sense to me.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Reel the fresh water hose on top of the solution line. So only two reels needed instead of three.

STOP GLOBAL COOLING!

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I never had a solution hose reel until I got the V

when I got it home the first thing I did was remove one of the 200' solution hoses and have it cut into 50' sections

I look at 100' feet of solution still on the reel while I am using 100' to clean with and all I can think of is how that 100' that is on the reel is getting cooked. It is a pain to reel it up without kinks. Every time it kinks i think that is where the hose will burst next. It seem to uncoil all the time when you pull it off the reel

I perfer it in sections for the reason you state. You can also carry it into the house without getting it on the ground, it rains here so that is a plus. I use to carry the first 50' of vac hose into the house also.

if you wrap it up right, on long runs you can hook a few section together and unwrap them as you walk

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
Livee solution hose and supply hose reels. When I update I will try elec hose reels too.
Al

Walt

I have the first 100 feet of parker coiled. Every thing else else is on the reel.

Save money on the fresh reel and get a good electric vac reel.

Jim Morrison

Name
jim
i roll it in a circle but i use big loops so theres only a about 5 or 6 loops to unwind.

Have you ever tried the over/under loops x7 that untwist themselves when you pull the hose out?

It would be interesting to set up beside a reeled guy just to see if there was much time difference.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I have the soln reel, works really fast for setup and and packup with the tornado hose. Keeps it all out of the way, neat and tidy. The Parflex is easy to reel up and not too bad to take off the reel with belaying it (ie over under loops) but I realized that I may as well just coil it at the end of a job and then walk into the house with it. Its 120ft. 6 of one , half doz of another.

I am finding better heat to the wand with the Parflex over the Tornado.

Name
I'm Rick James
I ditched mine when I moved my 3ht to the back of the van. Doing it coit and steemer style now. Gives me a chance to zone out for a few minutes.

G

Mikey P said:
I bet QCs last way longer with out a pressure reel.

Only reEl drawback I can think of is HOT hoses.
you are gonna want a pair of gloves regardless of which way you go.

Mr.V

my first van had a live solution and vac reel,,,,,,,after my first job I disconnected both.........I thought they were goofy

when I had my Powermatic I didn't have a solution reel,,,,,,,,,,,I didn't miss it and my qd's did last ALOT longer

worked with an electric vac reel,,,,,,,,,,,,didn't like it personally..........if I ever get too lazy to spin a reel...........hopefully someone will kick my a$$

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom