How many of you dorks carry a pocket microscope?

hogjowl

Idiot™
Man ... the microscope thing reminds me of Frank Neihi from the old ICS days.

Who was the dude who wore a lab coat? I can't remember.

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
Seldom used, but ocassionally it does help. Its in the secondary spotting kit with Ph pen and other less used items.
SPOTTINGKIT019.jpg

Fon Johnson

Pocket microscopes are ok, but we like to get a little deeper than that..

IMG_1445.jpg

BTW, Marty, what's wrong with lab coats?

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Fiber damage. I don't like to do inspections, but occassionally I do one for political reasons (as in "industry politics", not national politics!).

The last one that required the microscope was a carpet in the University of Pittsburgh that had a pronounced green discoloration throughout the traffic areas. To the naked eye, it looked like a cleaning related issue.

However, the pattern of the carpet used three colors: Mauve, gold, and green. Under the pocket microscope you could easily see the mauve and gold yarns were badly deteriorated, and only the green was completely intact.

Thus the "green discoloration".

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
Have 2 pocket versions, the 10 an 100 power...plus loop magnifier...

They are in the main inspection kit...

I also have a computer microscope ,so yes meet ... Mr Imma Dork

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
When I was cleaning I used to carry one in my inspection kit. Mainly used it for upholstery but I had a few occasions I used it on carpet.

They do come in handy when you need one.

John Watson

I have one in my Inspectors kit for the same reasons Jim P said.

I also have a hand held magnififer cause I'm a getting old and cant read the lables with my bifocals

Hey Marty, the old fella that started wearing the lab coat was from Kleen Rite "Murry Cramer"

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Sure I carry a small microscope in my inspection kit, but I don't carry it in my pocket.

"Is that a microscope in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?"

Scott Warrington

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Well I love them for looking at frayed threads on the arms of upholstery. They are worth their weight in gold when you hand it to the customer and let them wandering the house looking at stuff. Gives you at least 45 minutes of peace to get your work done.

I know pocket microscopes are not as exciting as 2 1/2 inch hoses but let's just place it under marketing. Your customers will be more impressed with the microscope.

For the price you are foolish not to have one.

Greenie

It was cool to snip a filthy yarn and show Mrs. Piff, the soil is real obvious, then show her e clean yarn...and pray it's real clean...lol
All part of the show.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Judging by the responses, they must really be valuable for ex-cleaners and 1 or 2 jobs a week guys.

Oh, and lets not forget the geeks with fifteen tools hanging off their belts in the approved Forcythian manner.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
What a relief.

Marty has been making such thoughtful posts lately that I thought he'd lost his edge, or perhaps something was wrong.

All is right with the world again.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
do READING glasses qualify???
I have LOTS of those

start looking for sum triple X LARGE size to fit yore hEd, vEEgs
cause you'll be NEEDING them in a few years...

..L.T.A.

Jay D

Name
Jay D
Own one? Yes I do as a matter of fact. Were is It? I lost or misplaced it somewhere......hey that spotting kit is missing duckbill scissors, a great spotting tool. :mrgreen:

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
I take one with me if there's a problem, but none of the techs carry one. For showing the customer something I prefer a large magnifying glass. They can stand up while I show them what I see.

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
The Duck bill scissors are in the small repair box with the Sinch seaming iron... To me they are "repair" tools not spot removal tools. (just how I catagorize things for placement)

Cameron1

Jim Pemberton said:
What a relief.

Marty has been making such thoughtful posts lately that I thought he'd lost his edge, or perhaps something was wrong.

All is right with the world again.

That's because Marty done went and got himself certified.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom