How many of you offer both both HWE and a VLM estimates in commercial bidding

Terry

Supportive Member
Name
Terry O'Brien
Just curious if many of you offer both estimates especially in a bidding process that requires a minimum of 3 bids and you know there is probably one of each against you.
I've a project at the moment where I've estimated for HWE, VLM and a combo of both for 3 estimates and outlining the advantages, disadvantages of each.

Reactions: your_good_sons

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
No usually just a cleaning rate and we decide what to use where. Occasionally we might list both but not on separate invoices. That's a novel approach if they actually accept it that way.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Just curious if many of you offer both estimates especially in a bidding process that requires a minimum of 3 bids and you know there is probably one of each against you.
I've a project at the moment where I've estimated for HWE, VLM and a combo of both for 3 estimates and outlining the advantages, disadvantages of each.

Just like you!

I want the first one to be HWE to wash away the sins of the past and then a spring HWE for all the salt/snow residue.
Unless its on the 10th floor or something.

Reactions: GCCLee

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
We offer both but most of the time HWE. Mainly only off scrub and run for maintenance "cleanings" and only if they request a cheaper or alternate service.

I will say most are very happy with encap, shampoo, padacap, especially for the price.

When you are bidding the job you have to be aware and understand the limits of both services. heck on some accounts we encamp after we extract because in the end both it is clean and it looks clean and to some of our clients both are important.

Terry

Supportive Member
Name
Terry O'Brien
Multiple estimates also here Michael with a cover letter explaining the differences.
Each estimate explains the process of that system ie Hwe, VLM etc

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
The perfect job to me is quarterly- 1x hwe and 3x encap.

I want to sell 100 more of them...

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni

I give them two prices...a scrub and extract or a scrub, and leave off the "finish it right" part (the flush/rinse extract that is)

I won't make any guarantees expressed or implied unless they choose the scrub and extract.
I will be glad to demo a scrub and not finish right for them to decide if encRap/bonnet is good enough

..L.T.A.

Wing It

Supportive Member
Name
John Wingfield
Shaw recommends hwe with periodic encapsulation in between. Using that info helps me push the processes as a combo. The problem I have is shaw has yet to get behind the cimex. They recommend the crb for encapsulation. I only have the cimex. Having the three separate bids is a good idea.

I offer bonnet cleaning and rotary shampoo for one price, done with my 175 swing machine.

A little more I offer what I call basic extraction cleaning. The cleaning product goes into the machine, there is no rinse. I do a movie theater this way, but I use something with a little more pH. I have to apply a neutralizer or it will brown out, but this stuff cleans olefin better than anything.

Then I have what I call deluxe extraction cleaning. This means TLC on the traffic lanes and brush it in with the 175. Then I pre-spray. Deluxe cleaning also includes detail cleaning. I also deodorize with 1 ounce of mint or lemon Quat 32 per gallon. That's 1/4 the dilution it is supposed to be, I just want a light scent.

All this stuff runs $6-12 per gallon and it works just fine. I do use something else in "better" residential locations from Core Products.

Offering 3 choices means I can save some jobs I otherwise would lose. I just bid a 54 room 1 star motel about 75 miles NW of here. Mr Patel got my name from his friend, cousin Mr. Patel. I have five Patels in my files from various motels. That's about $3600 for everything, carpet, mattresses, chairs, the lobby for basic extraction. If he goes for the deluxe, another $300. I am 99% certain I have this job. I will start around 9am and clean until 9pm. I always sleep in the first room I cleaned at the end. Then work 8am to 9 pm the second day. The third day I'll work 8am until noon, get paid in cash and go home.

Last edited by a moderator:

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
[h=2]How many of you offer both both HWE and a VLM estimates in commercial bidding[/h]

If not you should think about it. Gives them different price points/options.

It also gives me a chance to explain "encap/pixie dust/vlm", I don't want them comparing my hwe quote to someones vlm quote.

I'm not against encapping anything, imo the client should know what they are getting.

Commercial clients get a quote for hwe, vlm and both. All the same folder.

Back
Top Bottom