How many of you offer Resilient Floor Care?

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Strip & Refinish, burnishing, top scubbing, etc. What equipment are you using & what are your minimums?

G

They offer strip and burnishing (sorta) in China.....

I believe it's pretty cheap.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
175rpm scrubber, 2000 rpm buffer.. lots of floor pads.

TimP

I have just started with vct. I use my cimex to scrub. Bought a typhoon shop vac to suck up the slury. I'm not eager to do a lot of it. My min for strip wax is 250. Regular min for a scrub recoat. I don't have a burnisher yet but the same min would apply to that to if I offered it.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
.25-35 a sq, $325.00 Min Charge, Buffing at $65.00 per hour

I have 175s and 2000 RPMs

Tim, I would look for a old used 175 for striping. There is no point guming up that cimex with nasty sludge. I would think the cimex would make a mess with the higher RPMs.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
noo the cimex is great, slops less then a 175...

.25-35 a ft... $150 min And buffing is...hummmm well i do a few for $60 but they only take 30 mins, and i have a key so i tie them in with other things i am doing...

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
ACE said:
.25-35 a sq, $325.00 Min Charge, Buffing at $65.00 per hour
floorguy said:
25-35 a ft... $150 min

How many coats of wax?.. Guy I used to sub with would put down 3 coats min for a scrub/recoat, 5 for a strip/wax but I could never pin him down on his price p/sq/ft. All I know is we did a lot of it..

TimP said:
My min for strip wax is 250. Regular min for a scrub recoat.
Tim, what's your regular min for recoat again?

It's not hard work.. labor intensive maybe.. a lot of down time between coats of wax. The guy I worked with usually sent me home after the second or third coats to save money.. him and his son or nephew would finish up.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Mines 3 coats....Now let me give you some back ground on that..

I use to do 5 coats (mop bucket wringer method) so it was a little lighter coats, even tried 6 or 7 on a few accts that i really wanted to wow..But it would always streak/ripple

Now i do 3 coats (rubbermaid system small dust mop type) goes down HEAVY. Have done 4 coats, and get the same streaking I did with the 6 coats...

so after months of debate going back and forth.(at this time i was doing some 20 Family dollar stores + new store openings) I chose the rubbermaid system...on open areas (places you can go at least 2 dips) it is twice as fast. It uses a little more product as with a mop even though its less coats..hummmmm

i was burnishing these places 1 time a mth, and found it held up a little better to

shine off the mop was slightly better to the mop method, but after a week it looks the same.

over all i decided the rubbermaid system worked better and that 3 coats of that, = to 5 coats of mop and bucket.

Plus it you put 1st coat on, start to pack up, write a bill, chat with the store people what ever. Wait maybe an extra 5-10 mins.

2nd coat, finish packin up etc.

3rd coat, i am outa here...wax it so the mgr can set alarm and we are gone...

all in all FOR ME, it works better

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
floorguy said:
rubbermaid system small dust mop type
Not familiar with that system.. I've been out of the loop for too long. Haven't done wax jobs on a regular basis for about 4 or 5 years.

floorguy said:
But it would always streak/ripple
Do you have your fans blowing directly at the floor? We always pointed them up towards the ceiling or corners of rooms so it would comeback down indirectly.

How long do you wait between wax applications? Not sure from your post but it seems like you are quick with your coats of wax? We always had about 30-40 minutes min between coats. Not that we did it right or wrong but that's how I learned it. Maybe I misunderstood what you meant.

How carries this Rubbermaid systems you mentioned? I'd like to learn a bit more but I probably will still with the method I learned.
Thanks Floorguy!!
Bill

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
I dont put fans on the floors (95%) of the time anyway, i just make sure the fans/ac is on at the building i am doing. Now smaller rooms, ill bring a mini fan and just point it straight out, to help circulate the air...But I live in Utah and we have low humidity sooo...but yes around the 30-40 min.

Rubbermaid system can be purchased at any jan-san place... or here http://www.hescoinc.com/ go to online catalog...

cant get it to load for me right now

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom