how many of you offer vct services?

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I started offering vct stripping waxing and maint. to my clients a year and a half ago . It started kinda slow but now my money from vct has almost matched my carpet cleaning revenue. I really like it because it helps me make decent money in the winter when all the salt and sand are put down and eating up tile floors. It also seems like the competition isnt as stiff and the word of mouth has got around pretty fast. I just invested in a couple propane buffers to service a chain of grocery stores I landed and got a contract with the city so Im pretty excited shiteatinggrin . What have you guys experience pros and cons been with vct?

Vinnie

RIP
Name
Vincent Annunziato
Been doing VCT for 35 years now.
Mostly pros.
Easy Maint.
Steady income.
Cons, Having the customer agree with your Maint. suggestions.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We do very little but it's hard to tell some customers no and so sometimes we get weasled into doing some.

We would need to invest in some higher production equipment if we want to do much of it. We have a lot of old school floor equipment. I would like an autoscrubber for doing the floors here though, so it would n't a total waste if we bought some.

Sounds like you're doing the right thing with it Jon, if you're gaining accounts, congrats! 8)

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
We do alot of VCT and has had an excellent impact on cash flow. We were doing really large facilities but found that money and production wasn't the best so we focused in on Dentists and MDs and cafes in offices when we do the carpet and it has been a goldmine. I can say 30-35 weds a year we have a dentists office booked for both carpets and VCT. We charge $75 for each Dental studio and there seems to be about 5 in each and then we have about $350 in carpet we usually blow through these in about 3.5-5 hrs and the bills average around $750-800.

We do have some larger companies that we handle but getting good staff has been the hardest part, they think good enough is good enough sometimes because running a mop, 175 or burnisher for 8 hrs gets real old real fast. When you can check out for an 6 or 7 hr day with a $3700 check everyone is happy

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
thats the side I started on....hated carpets (using portys) ...but some of my VCT clients had carpets to be done as well....

No I just about do it all, floor wise....need to track down good wood floor coatings.....not that shitty laminator + stuff

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Vinnie said:
Been doing VCT for 35 years now.
Mostly pros.
Easy Maint.
Steady income.
Cons, Having the customer agree with your Maint. suggestions.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
The money is where you find it. VCT is real competitive in my market but I find some nice jobs working on small accounts. Jon found a nice little niche in his market. With all the new low maintenance flooring on the market I expect to see less VCT in the coming years.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
You guys need to get a Square Scrub and make stripping a floor actually fun.
unfortunately most of the floors I do have embedded soils

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Bundy said:
We do alot of VCT and has had an excellent impact on cash flow. We were doing really large facilities but found that money and production wasn't the best so we focused in on Dentists and MDs and cafes in offices when we do the carpet and it has been a goldmine. I can say 30-35 weds a year we have a dentists office booked for both carpets and VCT. We charge $75 for each Dental studio and there seems to be about 5 in each and then we have about $350 in carpet we usually blow through these in about 3.5-5 hrs and the bills average around $750-800.

We do have some larger companies that we handle but getting good staff has been the hardest part, they think good enough is good enough sometimes because running a mop, 175 or burnisher for 8 hrs gets real old real fast. When you can check out for an 6 or 7 hr day with a $3700 check everyone is happy

Like Greg we have found our niche in the modest size jobs where it adds another 100-300 to the commercial job ticket. We went from doing virtually 0$ 3 years ago to doing over 100k in vct and tile annually.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom