How many of you service the same areas

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
there are 5 Vortex's and 1 AT that I am aware of and we all service the same areas........There is also a hand full of guys that run CDS we are also good friends with that are up in the same areas also..we all get along great..known for helping each other out when our work loads get to big or one of us breaks down.......10 to 12 of us get together with the family's and meet at a Mexican restaurant once a month and shot the shit, have a few beers and share new things we have found or any ideas we may have come up with....another way to help structure your company BTW....................

G

All of you MFer's are in my service area, I service the whole US :twisted:

I'm cleaning America wall to wall!

John Watson

Conner 3 +2 = 5 Unless you are using modern math Geese, kids!!!!

I see a few posting here that service some of the same areas that I do.

Never see them or their trucks tho. I see new start ups all the time, rigs I see just once or twice then never again. Saw a Vortex up here twice driving around looking lost.

I think Brevic hides his truck so those gals in Oregon don't find it again..Heard they was still looking for him to finish the job.

G

John Watson said:
Conner 3 +2 = 5 Unless you are using modern math Geese, kids!!!!

OopS. I thought RAndy and Hyde were two diFFerent People.

I don't read words, I just count the spaces.

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
Quite a few of my "competitors" post on the boards...some are friends, some just "associates"...but there is more than enough work for all of us.
As more of them become friends it seems we all have more work when we help each other.IMHO

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Both Mike Brummett and our company service Topeka & Lawrence.

It can be awkward at times, but for the most part it's friendly competition.
A few years ago he introduced us to Greenglides, the rug badger and sold us a used Cimex.

There is plenty of work for us all!

steve r

ive got a friend here who services my area but does most of his work in michigan city. he s been around about 8 years or so and sends me some work now and then when he gets overbooked.in fact were working together tomorrow on a miniature golf course.hes been a big help to me.
i see joe couch isnt too far from me but we have never spoke.

Dan Joner

I killed some guy snooping around my place the other day. He had Oregon plates. He mumbled something about a guy named hyde before he went lights out.

I also found a little extra cash in his pockets.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
We work pretty much the same area as Chris Adkins.

To a lesser extent, RW Hodge and Jimmy Nardella.

all are friends in my book.

We work in that rookie dude Brite'n Clean's hood from time to time too.
But I've never met him and he's never taken me up on my offer to buy lunch either.

anyone who turns down a FREE lunch, nor even acknowledge the offer must have sump'um wrong with 'em anyway.
:roll:

...L.T.A.

Rambo

I live in a small town in Georgia and when I started 21 years ago there were only three of us. Today there are more than 26 trying to service the same area. It's getting a little crowded. Four of them read these boards that I know of and 9 of these are "whole house for $79 to $89" We still maintain most of our long term customers. We have been running a internet special (as we can change it immediately vs. print media) but it brings mostly "event" customers verses the "maintenance" customer that we want. We had one of these 26 bite the dust last week (equipment up for sale) and we expect to see more as gas prices continue to climb. (some travel almost 50 miles to service this area) It cost us around $115 to fill our gas tanks on the GMC 2500s Our area has been hit hard due to the sub-prime lending. We also notice a few banks going under now and one merger. It shall be interesting over the next year. We are debt free and not planing on going anywhere. So those of you serving this area, keep on trying to uncut us, but it will only hurt you.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I didn't forget Linton, I just have never seen him post here

I did leave out Terra Clean, they post here sometimes but are not very friendly when you see them on the road

DevilDog

Ya, well you want to talk about unfriendly. You bitches are soon to see what it is like for our troops to drive down roads in Iraq.

I hope you have your f'n armor ready. Actually I hope you don't.

DevilDog

Chris A

Name
Chris
Steven, LOL I am a stand up guy! No seriously, we're up there every weekend from now thru October, stop by any time. We have some folks on our dock from Maumee. Larry, is your truck lettered? I've never seen it around. But I also don't get down below 76, or East o' 44 too much. I guess it is a little hard for two one-truckers to be in the same place at the same time!

Rex Tyus

TimP and I have a couple of overlapping areas. He keeps growing more and more in that market and I keep moving more northwest ( this means he is kicking my ass). :(

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
c_adkins said:
Larry, is your truck lettered? I've never seen it around. But I also don't get down below 76, or East o' 44 too much. I guess it is a little hard for two one-truckers to be in the same place at the same time!

we've been unmarked for the last several years, Chris.
I've never seen you in the van, but have seen your Dad's EX ace (damn, I can't think of his name) several times out and about over the years

...L.T.A.

TimP

Rex Tyus said:
TimP and I have a couple of overlapping areas. He keeps growing more and more in that market and I keep moving more northwest ( this means he is kicking my ass). :(

I have no choice but to grow, I have yet to make a profit yet! I think the cost of fuel is more of the factor keeping you up in your area, which is making things slow down here because of doom and gloom. I haven't been busy at all lately though. Past two work days I've been putting in carpet. It's hell of a lot harder to do for sure, we did 125 yards stretch-in in 8 hrs, had to strip it and everything. Can't say it pays the bills but at least it brings some income.

Tomorrow I have a day of cleaning but that's it for my whole week. So I'd say the area is kicking my ass. All I can say is I hope I get the big job I've been working on for this summer, it may actually allow me to turn a profit for the year if I get it.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I wouldn't wish the crap our troops have on anyone and I am very grateful for what they do

The one thing I wish I had done in life was to spend some time in one of branches of the Armed Forces

There was a Marine and his wife sitting in front of me at the Mariners game the other day, he had been in Iraq, I treated him to lunch and thanked him for his service

I have performed some free services to people in need here local whose family member is serving over seas

not sure what else I could have done, not sure of your comments Todd

Randy, better get Walt Bush also

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom