How many of you use send out cards?

Warren Wallace

Supportive Member
I have for several months with great results,you should check it out
worth every penny

Able 1

Name
Keith
What is the price how many for that price? Do they mail them to your custy list or chosen areas?

Keith

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I'm looking into it. My massage therapist uses them so I get postcards periodicly.
I like staying in touch with my customers but I gotta say.
Most know it is a MLM company and may not respect my company if I use their service.
They may think that I might try to recruit them the next time I come out to their home or business.
There are plenty of mailing companies to work with.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I'd just like to know who the heck you guys are talking about. I see no links posted and no name of this business, unless they're actually named "send out cards."

Joel D

Name
Joel Darker
Ill admit it Im lost too unless they mean cards in general.
Ive only done one batch and broke even because i got busy without it but im starting again soon. Whats mlm?

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
Yup Bruce, you got it.. Send out cards seems like a cool idea but I haven't broken down the costs/benefit. But based on its face value of sending a thank you card to a customer after a cleaning were they just paid you a couple hundred bucks or more, it's not that much.

Joel, MLM is short for Multi-Level Marketing. Some people can and have made a lot of money but the majority don't. You have to sell a lot of product plus you have to bring on others to join you "down-line" and sell too. You get a % and a higher % of what they sell too. Then you have to train them and help them to "build their business" by bringing people under them, and so on, and so on.. so you have this pyramid effect. Failure rates are high, so most of the time your constantly rebuilding your down-line.

I knew a guy who was doing Pre-paid Legel.. he was pretty high up too. He up and quit because he got tired of spending every evening going to the recruitment ralleys and appointments, etc. He said the commissions never reached the potential where he could stop selling product or having to bring on new members under him. He had a full time job selling diabetic testing supplies. I heard from him about 6-8 months after I thought about the MLM idea. He'd started up with a new miracle drink called Xango, I think it's similar to the Mona Vi craze that's all the rage now.

I'm happier cleaning carpets.. :)

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I've read the site but i'm a bit confused in terms of pricing.

Do you get charged per card and postage sent out or is there a discount to how many you send?
Can you tell them when exactly you want the cards sent by?

I'm sure there are other questions.

I actually thought about keeping post cards in the van and when i'm done cleaning a job, i'd go to the nearest mail box/post office and send it out so they'd get it immediately, but never got around to doing that.

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
I think the way it works you pay a monthly fee and each card or post card equals so many points. These "points" equal so much money, for example $.50 for a regular thank you card. If you start with a $25.00 account then you would take $.50 for each card you send until you are out of money.

But they have different price levels for different cards, post cards etc.. If you use pictures, that costs different "points". If you upload your own pictures, say your van, or a picture of their nice new color sealed tile floor, that would cost you more than just the plain jane post card.

You can upload your signature and I can see the basic convenience of it. Pick the card you want, add your message and signature, address etc.. and they do it all, postage and mail it for you. Not sure how postage is figured into the whole deal. They've got 10,000 cards to choose from but I'm sure the total # of cards you'll be interested in using will be pretty small.

Jeff Madsen

Supportive Member
Name
Jeff Madsen
Guys, if you see some value in it go ahead and use the service. Your clients are not necessarily going to associate it with MLM. Your clients, most of them, can barely remember your name, let alone have an encyclopeadic knowledge of all the biz ops in the country! Our clients simply do not pay attention to this stuff like we do.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
tmdry wrote

I actually thought about keeping post cards in the van and when i'm done cleaning a job, i'd go to the nearest mail box/post office and send it out so they'd get it immediately, but never got around to doing that.

Famous last words.
This is why so many business' fail or just putt along. No offense to you, I just read it and thought about how some people don't follow through with great ideas...I have been guilty of this.

Great Idea really, I might try it....when I get around to it. :mrgreen:

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
You guys should check out amazingmail.com. It's not mlm, you can send out one card at a time or many cards. When I get home in the evening I type in the customers address and with a few clicks send them a thank you card that I uploaded. You can also pre-schedule a mailing up to a year in advance, so you could send the thank you card immediately and schedule a 6 month or whatever reminder at the same time.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Brian Robison said:
tmdry wrote

Famous last words.
This is why so many business' fail or just putt along. No offense to you, I just read it and thought about how some people don't follow through with great ideas...I have been guilty of this.

Great Idea really, I might try it....when I get around to it. :mrgreen:

We send post cards out from the office, but i just think if we did do it like i mentioned above, clients would get the cards quicker and we'd save time by not having to do it from home/office.

TWIMAO

If you look at things, EVERYTHING IS MLM'ed. Someone else benefits by anything sold. The great thing about Send Out Cards is there are different levels you can sign up for. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO SELL ANYTHING. We use it VERY successfully. I can give you one example. I met a property manager for one of the larger builder / property management groups. She "takes my information and will call if she needs us". I thank her when I am really upset that she didn't let me talk to the guy that makes the decisions. None the less, I sent her a "Thank You" card along with gourmet brownies from my Send Out Cards account. That card cost me 62 cents and the brownies were $6. The brownies may seem like a bit much BUT guess who called and thanked me? She did. Guess who has their rental turns now? We do. That one is worth about $20k per year. It gets better though. I get a call one day from this guy. He is the Project Manager for her company. Guess who now has another $15k (net profit) deal? WE do!!! It did cost us $6.62 plus postage. You do the math.

Another example is the "Thank You" card to each of our residential customers. The system is set up to remind us about important things like birthdays etc.. We use it to send cards on obscure holidays also. How many of your clients get a "Happy Thanksgiving" card? All of mine do! How many other cards did they get for Thanksgiving? None. I bet you are all too busy to send cards right? My personal best was about 500 in two minutes. I simply pick the card (they have over 14k) or in some cases make my own. People love to get a picture of the cute little German Shepard I just made $200 cleaning up after!!!

I met a great couple recently that we did their carpet. When I pulled up I couldn't help but notice the TWO Corvettes in the garage. The guy has driven every new vette he has owned off the assembly line. Got to talking about them and one was a limited edition. I sent them a card thanking them and put a picture of the limited edition corvette (exactly like his) on it. Turns out his son has 36 rental properties. Guess who got that business?

SOC is not about mlm for me; it is however an easy fast way to send a card to let people know I care. I don't have to go to the store and buy them then sit and write them or even walk to the mailbox. These cards go out in my handwriting with my signature with a regular stamp. I spent 15 years in the insurance business and unlike others in that business, I did actually send my policyholders cards. I can't tell you how many I did or how much time I spent doing it. I will tell you I live in a market where the average agent made about $35k per year. I made $150k. I NEVER once paid for an advertisement, a lead or any type of mass marketing. Not once in 15 years. So I know the card system works for retention and referrals.

Ask yourself how much you spend to get one client (time, effort and MONEY). How much do you spend to keep them? Nothing. Feel free to PM me or even call me if you want me to help you with it. It is so easy to get going and if you did the math I am way ahead of some mass marketing, that cost into the thousands of dollars to do.

I live in NC and the cards (without a gift) arrive in about 3 days. So delivery time is no big deal. You can also see in the account, that the card was sent. I have not yet found that someone has not received their card. I know this because our clients call us and thank us for the cards! They are usually calling with a referral also!

Seriously, call me and I will help you FOR FREE! By the way, we just started this business in March 2008. We now have four ongoing contracts totaling nearly $80,000. That does not include all the residential or small jobs.

Tom Wilson
Cape Fear Cleaning Solutions, Inc
(910) 612-2037

PS - I just saw how long this post is.....oops!

TWIMAO

By the way... If anyone would like to try it for free, please contact me and you can go to my account, click the send a card for free button. You can also see the pricing levels and enter the FAQ link. If you have further questions, feel free to contact me. It will not cost you a thing. I checked out the other recommended sites but not sure they can do what SOC does. Not to mention I can send one postcard for 73 cents (no matter how many I send). To match that price at Amazingmail.com, you would have to send over 20,000. There are MLM opportunities with it but you do not have to participate in that. I don't. But I have helped people with setting up their cards and stuff. I hated that I wrote and sent (literally) thousands of cards when I was in the insurance business by hand! Another good thing is we are going into duct cleaning now and when I type the message once, I can send a handwritten note to every one of our clients to let them know. The card will be in my handwriting, with my signature and with a regular first-class stamp on it.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
got a nasty email from the guy from send out cards because I told him he was spamming. He has 5 posts and 4 are advertisements for send out cards

Scott

Thanks, Greg. Yes, this one walks the line. He did post some substantiative info in 2 of his posts in this thread so I'm going to give him a pass this time after deleting the advertising links.

Mr. Wilson, I have removed your direct url because that is advertising and doesn't belong in this room. If you would like to buy a banner ad please contact Mikey P.

It's ok to say, "look at my profile for details", etc., but please refrain from crossing the line from information into an ad in this room.

Thank you,

Scott

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom