How many of your repeats DONT ask the price anymore?

Mikey P

Administrator
I would say about 90% of mine don't.

I did three today where I handed them their bills with no mention or comments needed.

They payed with a smile and a "See you soon!"

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
most don't ask but Tia still tells them just to make sure we are all on the same page....

C

Carpet Dude

so Mikey.......why beg for board funds if you fill in the blank check for the customer? Your ego bigger then your pocket?

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Raf, it is with extreme kindness that Mikey has opened up the carpet cleaners world with a forum without the bullshit like the ICS board has.
If you need to mock then go over to Ricky's BB and tell him to "tear down that wall" and let the truth set you free.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

JohnnyV

Hey Raf....Take it easy on Mike. He's helped me alot and never made fun of me for owning an EZ.....He's one of the good guys.

Most of my repeats don't ask price...as far as that goes, most of their referrals don't either.

JohnnyV

FastEddie

Often I get a key under the matt, a note inside of what to clean, and a blank check for me to fill out. That's hard to beat.

G

Whether they ask or not. I will never start a job without giving a price first. I don't care if I cleaned for them 100 times.

Dave

C

Carpet Dude

JiMmy Nuetron shut up or else.

Hey Johnny V......Mikey needs to apologize to me then I'll leave him alone......he called my EZ a bucket of bolts once.
:x

Ricky Thurman

Most don't ask, but like Jim and Albert, I generally try to give it to them anyway. I have everything on my computer, so I know what the last job entailed and I can see if I screwed up the price last time. If you're organized you can give a good price over the phone. Just always be sure you tell them that it is just an estimate. They ALWAYS know the price before I start, unless it is one of the many who aren't home and do just leave a blank check.

John G

Standard procedure and common courtesy to give EVERYONE the price before starting. The only exception is the regulary scheduled commercial jobs, that price stays the same anyways.

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

John Watson

Mikey, Mikey, I get deleated because I called a few dildoheads. But you can call em dicks. You know both can be taken as terms of endearment!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Name
BradFenstermaker
Most don't ask, but we tell them anyway. We are still young so not everyone leave's a blank check.

Brad

G

I very seldom have anyone ask me about price...even new customers. Maybe it's my lady magnet charming personality 8)

-JB-

Name
JB
DIRTY says
"If reapeat clients don't ask prices, you MAY be priced to low to begin with, or perhaps you don't raise your prices often enough.
If they dont' cringe a little bit when you give them the price consider raising them, if they book, your service is worth it, but boy it BETTER BE WORTH IT! If they don't book, you better up the service level, or lower the price pretty damn fast, otherwise Stanley will get them and it's cheaper to keep a good client than it is to find a new one.
All this is moot though, because any respctabol business person will give a price before the service is performed, after all they called you back because they felt that last time your company was hired you gave them a good value for their money, and that inturn earned their trust. The last thing you ever want to do is to betray thier trust."

Becker

Name
Becker
87.365%

Those that ask are normally looking to do less or more than before.

In the case of same job, 9.366% Of that 1.365 % are jobs that are reported to a board, or directors.

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
Repeaters rarely ask.... Unless they are are a repeater that had us out 3 years ago or longer. They tend to ask for a quote on the phone. Many don't ask and many referrals don't. I won't review on the phone with a repeat client, but the guys will once the get there and confirm scope if work. We always present a total before getting started. As far as referrals, if it's a new client and they don't ask, I give an estimate on the phone. We don't want any surprises. There have been a handful of times people have booked without asking for prices and then it was an issue the guys gave them the total and we didn't get the job. That was years ago and why we quote all new customers on the phone now. Some don't book after getting phone estimate, but it's better for it to happen on the initial call rather then once we are there.

Jim Morrison

Name
jim
Like Meg I can't remember the last time a repeat asked for a price prior to the work starting so I never do. Reading the comments makes me think it would be a good idea to start giving prices on all jobs. I used to let them know if our prices had increased since their last cleaning, but have got out of that habit also. All first time customers a given a firm number before we start the job.

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
Always love that. Answering the phone and hearing, Hi, I would like to book an appointment for... No quote needed, just get out here and do your thing to make my home look beautiful again. (At least that's what I hear). :)

Reactions: steve_64

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom