How many Service Monster users do we have here?

Are you a monster?

• Total voters

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
The one thing I don't like about SM is you can't just scroll through your customers like you can in Quick Books.
You have to turn pages...and I need a new computer to make that a little quicker.

Joe told me because of his customers that have 10's of thousands of custys, it just wouldn't work.
I call BS on that but whattyagonnado?

I would also like to be able to ad names in forms without having to go to a different screen to set them up first.
Like techs or sales people or whatever.

Some things you can do that, but others you can't...I don't get that inconsistancy.

I need to spend some more time going through the program because there are a lot of things that I still don't know about.

I do like the quick add option for new customers.

Mike Draper

I like it, most everything is great.

I don't use fill my schedule. I already have all my custom designs and copyright made for my needs. Everything is pre-printed and just needs a stamp. thank you's, referral rewards, 1 year reminders, holiday cleaning etc..

1. I wish they had more charts and graphs on the home summary (daily graph summary). example, figures for this month and 12 months prior. I know they have a monthly order totals on the orders page, but I would like to see (average invoice amt, gross sales, and new monthly custy's), for the 12 prior months, or more it would be nice to set the perimeters up to show how ever many months you want to have showing.

2. I would like to see average invoices amt for commercial vs. residential. I have alot of cheap apts that bring down my average on residential. I would like to see what that is.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Mike Draper said:
I like it, most everything is great.

I don't use fill my schedule. I already have all my custom designs and copyright made for my needs. Everything is pre-printed and just needs a stamp. thank you's, referral rewards, 1 year reminders, holiday cleaning etc..

1. I wish they had more charts and graphs on the home summary (daily graph summary). example, figures for this month and 12 months prior. I know they have a monthly order totals on the orders page, but I would like to see (average invoice amt, gross sales, and new monthly custy's), for the 12 prior months, or more it would be nice to set the perimeters up to show how ever many months you want to have showing.

2. I would like to see average invoices amt for commercial vs. residential. I have alot of cheap apts that bring down my average on residential. I would like to see what that is.

That's a good one.
Or average invoices for each route...which they may have because I set up everything on one route at the moment....which I may change. So I wouldn't know.

klewis4

I've been using it since September. Like it a lot. Looked at several other systems. Service Monster was the most straightforward and easy to use. I recently started using Fill My Schedule. Fill My Schedule is really easy to use. It was one of the main reasons I selected Service Monster over Vazing.

- Dashboards. Having realtime information about your performance month over month is very motivating.
- Marketing (Campaigns, Fill My Schedule)
- Ease of Use / Ease of Training. Very easy for anyone who uses the internet and Microsoft Windows.
- Low cost and very accessible. No need to upgrade your computer (only internet access is needed). They take care of backups, disaster recover, etc. You need only have access to the internet.
- Scheduling. I like the color coding based on direction from your office and also the ability to hover over a job and get the basic information to pop up (Name, address, price, phone).
- Easy to use interface with QuickBooks
- Great support

Dis-Likes:
- Does not work on Hand-Held devices (iPhone, etc.). One of the other products I demo'd did. I probably would have selected that product if it weren't for the marketing features of Service Monster.
- Cannot email invoices, work orders, estimates, route schedules directly from the application. You have to save them as pdf documents and attach them to emails (not very difficult, but some of the other products I looked at could email directly from the application provided you had the contact's email address).

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
klewis4 said:
I've been using it since September. Like it a lot. Looked at several other systems. Service Monster was the most straightforward and easy to use. I recently started using Fill My Schedule. Fill My Schedule is really easy to use. It was one of the main reasons I selected Service Monster over Vazing.

- Dashboards. Having realtime information about your performance month over month is very motivating.
- Marketing (Campaigns, Fill My Schedule)
- Ease of Use / Ease of Training. Very easy for anyone who uses the internet and Microsoft Windows.
- Low cost and very accessible. No need to upgrade your computer (only internet access is needed). They take care of backups, disaster recover, etc. You need only have access to the internet.
- Scheduling. I like the color coding based on direction from your office and also the ability to hover over a job and get the basic information to pop up (Name, address, price, phone).
- Easy to use interface with QuickBooks
- Great support

Dis-Likes:
- Does not work on Hand-Held devices (iPhone, etc.). One of the other products I demo'd did. I probably would have selected that product if it weren't for the marketing features of Service Monster.
- Cannot email invoices, work orders, estimates, route schedules directly from the application. You have to save them as pdf documents and attach them to emails (not very difficult, but some of the other products I looked at could email directly from the application provided you had the contact's email address).

I've complained to them about that one.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
It would be simple enough to put an email button right next to the save button and print button.

I have been emailing everyone a copy of their invoice just to be sure I have their email correct, it's a reason to get their email in the first place (Someone here said to do that and it's working...was it Steve?), a great opportunity to ask for referrals and let them know we have other services. Not to mention it gets them on the emailing list.

I would think they would be more likely to open an email with an invoice attached than just an email saying thank you or are trying to sell them something else. So they will read and pay attention to what you might have to say.

Email has been huge for me anyway...a lot of business comes from it. It is the one thing that I am focusing on most now to get into peoples homes.

Better than a phone call, better than snail mail, gets them to your website or to call you, is pesonal enough in this day and age to make a difference and they can forward it to the world.

AND IT'S EASY

Easy for me, easy for the custy and easy for potential custys AND easy for the custy to get potential custys.
I can go on all day about this.

I have been scheduling through email more than ever...I don't even get to hear some of their voices at all.
Setting up a job by email is priceless. They are not threatened, pressured or hurried.
It's almost "not real" to them so they are more likely to add services IMO.

Not too mention, I can get my point accross way better over email.

I think I AM going on all day about this...Ok...that's enough.

Did I mention that emails are slowly getting close to phone calls in jobs scheduled?
Not there yet, but building and building.

G

275px-Sivakempfort.jpg

we like service Shiva

the extra arms come in handy

Namaste

Sanjay

Name
George Valliant
As an owner operater using SM out in the field is tuff cuz of intermitten internet access and slow connections.

Looking forward to their mobile release this fall.

Haven't been trained on Fill My Schedule yet but will get with Joe 1st chance I get.

Wandslinger

Name
Tom Meyer
It's a no brainer especially if you have limited time. A few clicks and your done. You have to herd your sheep or someone else will. I decided to give them a chance because I was amazed on how many times I asked new customers who the last cleaner was and they couldn't remember. Even though I'm "bitchin" (as Mikey would say), I know it was happening to me.

The seamless interface with Quickbooks is priceless. Now, If I can only get that cheap-ass Martin Bressel to get involved!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom