How Many Sqft Hr do you clean.

Moser Bros.

I take way too long cleaning residential, I think the Cimex I lug up the stairs is overkill and my chiropractor doesn't want me to lift it.

2,500 sqft jewelry store yesterday, 2.5 hrs. + 150 tile cleaning and sealing = 4.5 hrs. $820
My helper prescrubed with the Cimex, while I wanded, he post padded with encap and bonnet pads, the place didn't look that soiled but hadn't been cleaned in a year, the results Flawless. I couldn't get the surface of the tile perfect though.

Residential, the last two jobs I did, $515 synthetic sofa, 13 stairs and about 800 sqft of pink nylon plush, couldn't believe it was 20 years old, light wear. 4HRS! way too long, I prescrubbed with the Cimex.

$650 16foot synthetic sectional, plus half the carpet about 790 sqft plus 15 stairs, 5HRS!

I think I spend too much time talking to my new customers, and after measuring and setting up 1hr usually goes by, I'm just getting used to doing a slow back stroke with a glide, instead of the full cleaning stroke I've done for the last 10 years, I overlap the stoke 50% and then a full dry stoke.

TimP

Residential will slow you down because of furniture and the sheer number of rooms to navigate. I generaly get about 300-600 ft an hour done in residential. I'm starting to speed up by not over cleaning, and by pretabbing with sticky tabs. I scrub only heavily soiled areas with a rotary and small spots I scrub with my foot. The rest I may scrub with a rake if I feel like it.....I use more prespray than most so I can get the yarns coated. I tend to spray way far in front of me as to utilize time by letting my chemicals dwell. Then I've been using an emulsifier lately, combined with heat it makes for a good job.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
you didn't mention if you have a wing man with you on res jobs.

and I'm curious how often you really "need" a Cimex to pre-scrub in res scenarios?
ESPECIALLY upstairs in bed rooms :roll:
if you don't need mechanical agitation, why use it???

and why drag a monster of a machine in like a cimex when a 15 rotary or cylinder brush machine will do the trick???

can't help with how long it takes you schmooze the custy, but there are ways to set up and clean that makes the proccess smoother and more efficient.
It's not about being in a "hurry", it's more about "economy of motion" to make everything flow smoothy.

edit.. oh yea, we run a 2 man crew for res.
we average 600 to 800sf pr hour, more or less depending on variables.

..L.T.A.

Moser Bros.

I usually go solo on the residentiial when I think the jobs going to be under $300, then I get there and they are ready to spend big bucks.

Maybe I should get a 15inch rotary with a pad

I like commerical so much better, and even a good friend of mine who is the most expensive cleaner in Sacramento is only getting Half the job as nomal, I'll not going to tarket resdential anymore, that jewelry store kicked my butt, but I made a little under $200 hr with a helper, rearly do that in residental even at .45 cents sqft.

Now who times there jobs to see how long it takes for

setting up time

prescray and prescub times

steamclean times per sqft, commercial vs. resdential

post pad times

breakdown times

$$$ per hour

Greenie

unless you have a 2 jet wand, lose the 50% overlap, that is costing you time...for nothing. With a well designed wand a 1" overlap is sufficient, if you are doing slooooow keyed backstrokes, I doubt an additional dry stroke pulls much more moisture, some guys dry stroke their guts out, for nothing...a glided wand is just efficient on a slow keyed backstroke.

Skip the Cimex on all but the nasties, see how you like it. A small dual cylindrical brush machine can be very handy, usually a second hand one to be found if you ask.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
These are for an "average" res job

setting up time;

8-10 minutes

prescray and prescub times;

we rarely have to mechanicly scrub res jobs.
One man is pre-spraying while the other is doing the set up
so the 8-10 minute "set up" time applies here as well.
The wand is generally moving with in 10-15 minutes of arrival

steamclean times per sqft, commercial vs. resdential

open areas , 1000+sf pr hour
furnished with moving and tabbing???
big variables there,
but appx 700sf

post pad times;

we don't, unless the sub floor is uneven.
It's a waste of time other wise.
("IF" you know how to run a wand)

breakdown times;

5 to 7 minutes

$$$ per hour;

a buck fifty an hour makes me happy

..L.T.A.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
On just about any size sq ft house carpet only, if I'm there 2 hours, I've been there too long.

Most of my properties are anywhere from 2000sqft to 3500sqft.
The bigger the house, the less dirty areas...some exceptions.
Not all of that is carpet of course.
I try to make 200 per hour cleaning, other services will bring that up considerably.

Generally is the same for tile and grout. Smaller areas but take a little longer but get charged twice as much.

Commercial is a different animal...really depends on how dirty.
I don't think I could give a sqft per hour accurately. Although the more sqft the less dirty areas rule still comes into play...with some exceptions.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I switched to the carpet fresh powder system and I now do 10,000 sq. ft/ hour with a weed-n-feed dispenser. I just leave a roomba behind and pick it up the next day.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
B&BGaryC said:
I switched to the carpet fresh powder system and I now do 10,000 sq. ft/ hour with a weed-n-feed dispenser. I just leave a roomba behind and pick it up the next day.

OK, now I'm impressed.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
One job today. Empty. White carpet. Lot of yarn. Dirty.1800 square feet at .45 cents psf and 15 steps at $4 each. Including chitchat and payment, hook up and tear down, took me 7 hours Rotovacing everything. Me tired. Must have went through about 350 gallon of water based upon draining about 3 & 1/3 tanks.

5 bedrooms, bath, hall, family room, and living/dinging room.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
870 bucks for Loren. That's a good job.
7 hours is a little to long for me but it's all about how much money you have at the end of the day.
Right on.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
If "this will NEVER make it", I had better hang it up. After only 38 years of making it my chances of continuing much longer look pretty slim, eh? :(

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Loren Egland said:
After only 38 years of making it my chances of continuing much longer look pretty slim, eh? :(

LOL, I was about to mention your years "not making it" to our new friend, Loren

MikeD, Loren is an "Ole Timer".
(meant in a respectful way)
Pretty sure he works mostly by himself.
a hundred+ beans an hour ain't chopped liva for a one man show

..L.T.A.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
meAt said:
Loren Egland said:
After only 38 years of making it my chances of continuing much longer look pretty slim, eh? :(

LOL, I was about to mention your years "not making it" to our new friend, Loren

MikeD, Loren is an "Ole Timer".
(meant in a respectful way)
Pretty sure he works mostly by himself.
a hundred+ beans an hour ain't chopped liva for a one man show

..L.T.A.
Crap. I broke a grand today, but it was 12 hours. 3 hours of drive time though. Still, not too bad for an gnarled old POG.

extreme steam

Name
Pete@TCC
obviously can vary greatly any where up to 240 sq metres per hour, aprox 2400 sq feet but ave at 1000 sq metres a day. and a lot less if its slow goin

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom