HOW MANY STEPS

If the faceyarn is pile, there could be five: vacuum, prespray, soil removal, grooms, and drying. I use to do apartments, cheap, REAL CHEAP, with one step. Some tell me that there is more money apartments with just a prespray extraction compared to $0.45 per square foot residential. What are your thoughts?

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
The number of step don't rely on whether it is commercial or residential.

The number of steps will vary according to condition of carpet, soiling levels, types of stains, pet damage or other conditions or expectations of your company or the consumer.

Commercial may take more steps than residential is some cases.

harryhides

Name
Tony
With some Commercial the first few steps can kill ya>

1 Drive there
2 Finding a parking spot
3 Set up time.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Mr Smith is not asking for the obvious reason, believe me.

You don't want the vast esteem in which you are held to keep those who hang on the wisdom of your every utterance to hold back from participating in this discussion now do you?

Remember that with great power comes great responsibility oh porcine one.

-JB-

Name
JB
You don't want the vast esteem in which you are held to keep those who hang on the wisdom of your every utterance to hold back from participating in this discussion now do you?
:shock: :shock:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Plenty of guys charge a high price and only do crap work.

You can make as much money as you want and do that crap work.

What do your customers think is a good job?

Look at the bigger cc companies like Stanley and Chem-tard and coit.

It's image and always will be.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
JamesBaileySmith said:
If the faceyarn is pile, there could be five: vacuum, prespray, soil removal, grooms, and drying. I use to do apartments, cheap, REAL CHEAP, with one step. Some tell me that there is more money apartments with just a prespray extraction compared to $0.45 per square foot residential. What are your thoughts?

How many steps?
As many as is needed. I always leave carpet as clean as possible. If I am going to skip a step because it’s a low paying gig or I’m in a hurry its speed drying and or grooming. I always give a dry stroke and if you keep them straight you can kind of set the nap with the wand. BTW, if you are working for the complexes in any big city you will never make money cleaning. Cleaning is a loss leader. The money is in repair, restoration, stain removal and odor removal. The price for cleaning gets you in the door and they are happy to pay whatever for the rest because it’s coming out of someone’s deposit or from insurance.

Name
Jesse
JamesBaileySmith said:
Some tell me that there is more money apartments with just a prespray extraction compared to $0.45 per square foot residential. What are your thoughts?

My opinion is that there is faster money in apartments than in residential. 1-3 customer can keep a truck busy without the need for as much overhead. Residential work especially at $.45 (in my area) is expensive and slow if your trying to attain any reasonable volume. Advertising, commuting, time selling on the phone & upon arrival, training techs how to handle Mrs Piffs, will cost you much of your $.45.

The higher your measure of success, the less time you have.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom