How many times will you reschedule on short notice?

Able 1

Name
Keith
I found out this morning my magic number is two.

2 times she cancled the day before, and I had an apt. this morning at 8:00 she called at 6:30 WTF!! I told her to find someone else.

Keith

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Steven Hoodlebrink said:
Let it go once, and if they reschedule twice, but keep their third appointment, we add 10-15% to the bill.

That's what I do, they don't know it, but I do it.

Rex Tyus

As long as they call before I drive out there I will keep rescheduling. No shows are a different thing.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I resched till I get the job done.
It depends on the circumstances, called ahead of time vs that morning vs no show
was someone sick, died, car broke and they need the money to fix the car, etc etc
I might just tell them to give me a call when THEY are ready rather than resched it. Sometimes I hear back, sometimes I don't. Sometimes its a couple months later.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Don yous all know there's a frickin' DEPRESSION out there.....one day you'll be grovelin' for work!

TimP

2 no shows I don't go back. Calling before and have a good reason is ok. I had one with 2 no shows.....let them have one more chance cause of my wife. The only reason they got me to show up was I had nothing to do and called an hour before I came. If it was up to me I would of ignored the call.....

On another note I had an apointment today. Went home cause I was too high....funny thing is last time I did it I got a tip, but I was cheaper when I started out. They had someone inbetween clean their carpet for 70 bucks less than half what I was charging.....oh well is all I can say. I politely gave them my card and said if you decide you want me to clean your carpet give me a call.

-JB-

Name
JB
Good question.

The primadona in me says " 2x after tha phuk 'em"

BUT

As a rule, I a will allow 2 cancells w/out 72 hrs notice (I know that's a lot to ask, so?) It's all covered in their confirmation letter, so there are NO SURPRISES!

Then on the third we required a NON-REFUNDABLE minimum order charge before I even re-book it. They cancel or re-schedule again, I keep it. They always seem to understand , and never had one cancel on the third yet. If they don't book the third who cares, it was their choice, I didn't force them to do anything.

HOWEVER....

I do have one right now that has re-scheduled get this.... SIX TIMES! :shock: and "will call me back" to schedule again. At this point it's more of a game to see how long/how many times they will re-schedule. They WERE a good client, from a good ref. source. Always have a tragedy reason to cancel...

Mo in law heart attack

Husband threw back out

Husband back surgery

bla bla bla..

Two w/less than 24hrs notice!

Thing is, when they cancel, really how hard is it to fill the slot this time a year? And if it is GET YER ASS OFF THE MB, and get knokin'! 8)

Or, when they cancel, I'm happy to get a lil time off, win-win! :D

For the record, I think Chavez had the best advice.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Tim,
You shouldn't get high on the job. Especially so high you can't do it

TimP

I know.....it's hard to kick the meth habbit. You have to balance it so you can get paid ya know....too much meth you can't do it.....too little and I got the shakes. If I don't get paid then I can't get enough meth to make it to the next job ya know!!!

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I was just thinking about some times when someone cancelled and it worked out perfect, because either something else came up that I had to do or someone else phoned with a last minute job. So because one person cancelled, I was able to make someone else's day.
There have been times "I've " had to phone and resched because I was sick or something. And I've found even that will work out .

Able 1

Name
Keith
I am saying the shit got deep even on the phone the the first two times.( waders were on when I heard the voice mail and it did get deep) I don't want this kind of custy, so why start something that the customer thinks is acceptable?

She woke me up at 6:30 that is unacceptable!

Keith

OLDDUFFY

Able 1 said:
I found out this morning my magic number is two.

2 times she cancled the day before, and I had an apt. this morning at 8:00 she called at 6:30 WTF!! I told her to find someone else.

Keith
GOOD FOR YOU they can screw up your hole day and schedule buy doing that and if you have employees it gets costly! I like the adding 10 to 15%

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
As I mentioned before, a postponement usually works out well.
I've got a cold bug I'm fighting off and starting to feel a little lousy, had 2 jobs booked for Sat. One lady calls, some emergency came up with her husband, hope he's alright, was just coming home from hospice.
The other one phones, could remember if it was tomorrow or the next Sat. Turns out next Sat is better.
Great, now I get a day off to recoup!

Back
Top Bottom