How many walk ups do you get with your Vortex?

I own a V and get

• Total voters

Mikey P

Administrator
Maybe it's just my incredible looks are my Lady Killer Personality the just oozes all over the neighborhoods but my Vortex just continues to impress the neighbors, men and women alike..

Yappy's metroness enabled him to hit a home run with the visual impact of the V.

I had walkups to my Isuzu box truck this week....and.... it didnt cost as much as a V.. actually I bought it 4 years ago for 25 grand with a WM 1600 (pimped)..:0

and its benn paid for a llllllllllllllloooooooooooonnnnnnnnnng time.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I went ahead with the last one because I am not included in the poll and I wanted to see the outcome.
Mikey, you really need to think of things like that.
Do I need to run the board for you? Jeese.

anyway, there should be a choice on the poll for
• I don't need a friggen V and I still get walk ups and referrals.

Bob Foster

I got a walk up the other night from my box truck. It went something like this.

"Do you know what the hell time it is? People here are trying to sleep."

Didn't sell a single job...

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Brian Robison said:
I went ahead with the last one because I am not included in the poll and I wanted to see the outcome.

ummm, brother Brian, right under "submit vote" is "View results"

put your pointer on "view results" and then mash the left side bud'un on the mouse...

..L.T.A.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
grouNd meAt said:
[quote="Brian Robison":f1r28dyo]I went ahead with the last one because I am not included in the poll and I wanted to see the outcome.

ummm, brother Brian, right under "submit vote" is "View results"

put your pointer on "view results" and then mash the left side bud'un on the mouse...

..L.T.A.[/quote:f1r28dyo]

Well hell.
Don't Tell Mr. Murdock. I think he has a hard on for me being wrong. :wink:

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I got more in one month then I every got with 10 years in a cargo van

I have had men stand outside and watch the thing run

I get plenty of comments from repeat customers so most of it is they notice something different and see the difference in the carpet

cleaned for a new customer the other day, when I was done she said when I saw you drive up in that truck I knew I was infor something different

when I finished she took 15 $20 refferal cards and says my aunt is in some million $$ club with caldwell banker and has the crappiest carpet clean in a piece of crap van, I told her thats sounds great but auntie may like price over quality but she is free to call my cell anytime

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
Ya know this whole I've got a V thing is just butt stupid. If you have a nice clean van (or better yet a box truck) that is clean and well signed no customer is ever going to know the difference. If you call a drain cleaner and he has a Vetter drain cleaner are you going to say "WOW I want this guy" but if he has a junny drain cleaner you will say "No that is not the best". Get a grip. You are not your customer. Come on people catch up will ya.
Al
PS Yes i just made up those two names.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
i get ALOT of walkups in residential, but most people do walk up to see what the hell is making all that noise! with my unit i tried to make the hardware as aestheticly pleasing (pretty) as mechanicly awsome. so when the men walk up they think the truck can levitate, fly or something and the women think that it looks very powerful and strong. i have had countless men tell me that my machine is amazingly beautiful and will also just watch as it runs.

I will ask a comercial property manager or office manager to come out and look at my rig when doing an estimate and usally they say that it is the biggest and strongest unit they will ever of used pending if the price is right. i do like that when they see it is not a lawnmower motor, they think it is going to be more expensive. and most of the time on commercial, particulaly when a customer is not happy with their previous cc company, i will ask the previous companys price and if is not off mark will just go up a few cents a foot and get the contract.

as of today i still havent wraped my truck with my logo and phone number so i am still advertising for the former company that owned the truck. so all my work is from walkups and referall. also the owner of the company that used to own the truck will call me if someone calls him asking for residential because he doesnt like doing residential and only does apartments. also i take care of all his big water damage stuff.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
dealtimeman said:
i get ALOT of walkups in residential, but most people do walk up to see what the hell is making all that noise! with my unit i tried to make the hardware as aestheticly pleasing (pretty) as mechanicly awsome. so when the men walk up they think the truck can levitate, fly or something and the women think that it looks very powerful and strong. i have had countless men tell me that my machine is amazingly beautiful and will also just watch as it runs.

I will ask a comercial property manager or office manager to come out and look at my rig when doing an estimate and usally they say that it is the biggest and strongest unit they will ever of used pending if the price is right. i do like that when they see it is not a lawnmower motor, they think it is going to be more expensive. and most of the time on commercial, particulaly when a customer is not happy with their previous cc company, i will ask the previous companys price and if is not off mark will just go up a few cents a foot and get the contract.

as of today i still havent wraped my truck with my logo and phone number so i am still advertising for the former company that owned the truck. so all my work is from walkups and referall. also the owner of the company that used to own the truck will call me if someone calls him asking for residential because he doesnt like doing residential and only does apartments. also i take care of all his big water damage stuff.

:shock: Dude, You're Joking right?
You spend a million dollars or whatever it is for that POS and you don't even send the business to your phone?
Here's a virtual slap in the noggin.
Get it done today, do it, don't piss me off.
come to the marketing room and get some help bro. :wink:

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
brian, i have not done the wrap because i am still customizeing the truck with stainless steel shelving and the shelves have to screwed/anchored to the wall of the truck so if i wrap it then put the shelves in i will have to rip part of the wrap of to finish the install. once the shelves are in i will get the wrap done imediatley. as i stated brian i do all his large water damage so in a way i am still getting paid of the marketing i am doing for him. just last week he passed me a four story highrise condos that will net over 26,000.00 so i am happy right now and he gave me a hell of a deal on both of my V's so for now its not bad. plus right now we are slammed with commercial and i am subbing out about half of my work to other local buddys that have their own rigs. i am actually a bit nervous about getting the wrap done and getting all the work associated. in my area (of all the trucks i have seen) only about 15 percent of companies wrap their trucks and usally it is the biggger companies. i am curently looking for a full time tech in my area so we can really get moving forward and have a full time tech that i can get on a full schedule. as a o/o it is very hard to do cc and water damage. in fact almost impossible, so i have chosen the water damage as i enjoy and really like drying stuff. right now if i have a carpet cleaning scheduled and i am called in on a loss, i have to call the cc customer and explain that i had an emergency call and we could reschedule and give her 15 - 20 percent discount of the total. and up to know that has worked but again i am loosing that 20 percent. so once the other truck is up and running i will use it for water damage and have my first on carpet cleaning and almost keep the other truck moving at least 6-8 hours a day just with the work i have right now -imagine with the marketing of the wrap!

G

I get at least 2 walk ups a day And I do own a Recoil. And it wasn't my Recoil that the house wifes laugh at; It was how pitiful of a job Joe I lost my $700 a month Truck Mounted Vacuum Cleaner when the Economy took an Obama did 3 hours earlier.

But I gotta say one thing; The Vortex has got to be great; But I already have a great PAIDED for system. And When my wife wins the lottery she's a gonna buy me a V so I can be just like you guys; well my man will still be longer than yall's!!

:lol: :lol: :roll:

Chris A

Name
Chris
rjfdube said:
I get at least 2 walk ups a day And I do own a Recoil. And it wasn't my Recoil that the house wifes laugh at; It was how pitiful of a job Joe I lost my $700 a month Truck Mounted Vacuum Cleaner when the Economy took an Obama did 3 hours earlier.quote]

Are you honestly retarded? :lol: Just tell me now and I'll quit making fun of you.

steve r

had 3 in an retirement complex yesterday with my bane and my rusty old van.i actually think it was the hot peurto rican chic i have assisting me :).2 old guys in electric scooters just had to have it done today and one lady with a rug in her living room.
not much money but it was fun.
started the day with 5 jobs ended up doing 9.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I got a walk up from an elderly lady to clean her LR and Hall with my Hoover SteamVac. I was cleaning our apartment carpet. I was going to do it for free, she gave me $75 bucks, took me an hour. Amanda paid me later. EDIT - I got cracked on the head after the last comment. :lol: She's standing behind me.
Rickie,

Your POS Recoil doesn't even have $700 bucks worth of the plastic junk its made with. So you want to talk about getting hosed, and over paying. :shock:

Name
Kevin McCreary
I think it depends on what market area you service. I used to service 2 different market areas with my V. One market area I would get daily walk ups. The other market area I would never get any. I think the walk ups I did get where not due to the big truck, but the loudness of it.

-JB-

Name
JB
I'm happy if the custy sells me over a walk up ANY day, walk up are generally a WOT IMO.

rick imby

Name
Rick
Kevin McCreary said:
I think it depends on what market area you service. I used to service 2 different market areas with my V. One market area I would get daily walk ups. The other market area I would never get any. I think the walk ups I did get where not due to the big truck, but the loudness of it.

So if some of the OP guys got a big truck and wrapped it real pretty and put a big noise maker in the truck would they get more walkups too? Maybe a big music system. Sneak over and record your V and put it on a CD. Then get a smokestack in the top of the truck and run a hose to the front door.

How about a pretty woman standing outside tending the truck on evening jobs when the guys are around the neighborhood.

Rick

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom