How many.....

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
FCC said:
wet passes do you do? How many dry?

depends on the level of soil.
On a soiled rag, it might be two S-L-O-W passes or more.
rarely more that two slow passes though, cause if it needed more than that, where a some chop strokes and one slow flush pass didn't get it, I'm raising he11, cause they should of wheeled in the rotary

as far as dry passes, it depends whether it's res or an empty.
in empties, it always "at least" a "3/4" dry pass ...which is the forward and over to next cleaning stroke action

On res, it gets a "minimum" of 2 3/4 dry passes
Up, back and the 3/4 to next cleaning stroke position

BTW, I didn't look at link, but do they mention the "speed" of the dry pass?
cause one slow, steady dry pass would be better than several "speedy quick" passes, like I see some operators use

..L.T.A.

Jamesh921

Name
James
one dry pass for every wet pass.

I'm one of those cleaners who hold the trigger and go all the way across the room with a wet pass. Then, go back over the same area with a dry pass, making sure to vac the "puddled" area at the back of the wet pass.

The more soiled the area, the slower I go. If it's really trashed I break out the 175.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
Just like Larry said. 1 slow dry pass works better and easier on the body than several fast strokes. I think Larry was my brother in an earlier life.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Jamesh921 said:
one dry pass for every wet pass.

I'm one of those cleaners who hold the trigger and go all the way across the room with a wet pass. Then, go back over the same area with a dry pass, making sure to vac the "puddled" area at the back of the wet pass.

The more soiled the area, the slower I go. If it's really trashed I break out the 175.

ditto....

it must be us fuel fired that do that !gotcha!

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Whatever it takes.

The rug dogta must be a Howard machine (phenomenal), whose bearings never wear, or let it lose vacuum.

As each carpet / soil level / soil type / and machine is different, this is where the operators expertise comes into play.

This operator, not some faceless creature behind a desk thousands of miles away, is in the best position to decide how the carpet will be cleaned.

What products to use, and the method by which they will clean it.

Anything else would be compromising the STANDARD as to how the carpets will be cleaned.

In a real world, not everything is equal.

Ooroo,

:oops:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom