How much do you charge for the following.....

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
Residential?
vacant rental?
commercial office or retail?
large scale commercial( 10k or more sq ft)
restraunt based on every 4- 6 wks?

Mikey P

Administrator
Doesn't matter what some dude on the internet charges Jon.

The chances that his fee is the price you need to charge to make a profit and keep the customer are about as slim as the pinkie of yours

Name
Nate W.
juniorc82 said:
Residential?.70
vacant rental?.70
commercial office or retail?Depends.... .60ish
large scale commercial( 10k or more sq ft) .55ish
restraunt based on every 4- 6 wks?None, they can't afford me.

:D

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
John, your area and what your compeititers charge will have more bearing on what you can and can't charge than what we charge.

You have to charge for what your time is worth but you also have to adjust a little to make sure you are affordable and somewhat reasonable for the pricing in your area. Some places like Houston, Tx, you can run companies like Clean as a whistle and get 60 cents a square foot without any objection. Try that here in Illinois and people think you have a third head growing out of you. Not to mention you won't be doing alot of cleaning.

So look at your demographics... Pick a quality level.. figure a price to cover your costs and stick with it! Maybe even offer some package pricing so the buying decision is owned more completely by the customer.

Or you could live and monopolize a series of small Islands out in the Pacific with active volcanoes and make a fortune out of each customer.. hmmm that sounds like someone here already!

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I know what I charge and I know what I need to make a profit. I didnt think that question was out of line at all. After all isnt that what this board is about sharing info with eachother.Im just curioushow prices fluxuate around the country I know that you mikey living in california were the cost of living is higher might command a higher price for a job versus someone like me who lives in a semi rural area.
Mikey P said:
Doesn't matter what some dude on the internet charges Jon.

The chances that his fee is the price you need to charge to make a profit and keep the customer are about as slim as the pinkie of yours

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Well why didn't you say so! :mrgreen:

Residential? three levels depending on what customer wants... $0.25/0.35/0.60 / sqft
vacant rental? 0.20 to 0.30/sqft.. if empty and number of units.. furnished or occupied is same as residential
commercial office or retail? low mositure .10 to .20, HWE .20 to .60
large scale commercial( 10k or more sq ft) .07 to .15/sqft low mositure HWE .15 to .20
restraunt based on every 4- 6 wks? .20

Name
Nate W.
sweendogg said:
John, your area and what your compeititers charge will have more bearing on what you can and can't charge than what we charge.

You have to charge for what your time is worth but you also have to adjust a little to make sure you are affordable and somewhat reasonable for the pricing in your area. Some places like Houston, Tx, you can run companies like Clean as a whistle and get 60 cents a square foot without any objection. Try that here in Illinois and people think you have a third head growing out of you. Not to mention you won't be doing alot of cleaning.

So look at your demographics... Pick a quality level.. figure a price to cover your costs and stick with it! Maybe even offer some package pricing so the buying decision is owned more completely by the customer.

Or you could live and monopolize a series of small Islands out in the Pacific with active volcanoes and make a fortune out of each customer.. hmmm that sounds like someone here already!

:shock:

All you have to do is divide those numbers by 2. :lol: Although we do have a $175 minimum. The specialty work is where the money is. My mom has been rated the best color repair spot dyer in the islands. Too time consuming for me though. :D

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I charge everyone the same.

A buck and a half per sft.

Even my mother.

I'm going out tomorrow to clean my third carpet this year :D

Albert

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom